HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your patience is going to be rewarded, friends... At least I think: :D

picture.php
holy ____ that's so awesome. this isn't helping my impatience. now i'd feel kinda bad displaying it on my predator's face because it would hide some of the awesome. i think i'll make a stand for it and put it on there. i can't wait to see this thing painted up and with the LED intalled.

Thank you to all, buddies! :D
I'm glad you like it. I'm at 50% of the details of the inside. I still have to make the eye area, cheeks and jaw mechanism, and it should be okay.

You better not charge $65 for this!!! More like $150-300!!!! You have put tooooooo much time into this already for $65. I have seen people pay $1000 for a 1/6 Joker head so think about it Baloo. It might not be about the money with your but you time isnt worth $.25 cents per hour. People on the forum dont hate on me for speaking the truth. Fact was for $65 you guys are stealing from Baloo

You better not charge $65 for this!!! More like $150-300!!!! You have put tooooooo much time into this already for $65. I have seen people pay $1000 for a 1/6 Joker head so think about it Baloo. It might not be about the money with your but you time isnt worth $.25 cents per hour. People on the forum dont hate on me for speaking the truth. Fact was for $65 you guys are stealing from Baloo

OK I respect that Baloo is putting a lot of time and effort into this but I'd quite possibly drop out with the price range you're talking about. Its just an accessory.

This is very true, this is worth so much more than $65. What this is here is much more than a simple reshape or recast. This is almost like an entirely new sculpt in its own. Nothing in the world can compare to this, the level of detail is phenomenal. $100-$150 is where you should be at price wise, this is just too good for the $65 price tag. Sorry, but it is very true. So much time has been put into making this masterpiece.

OK I respect that Baloo is putting a lot of time and effort into this but I'd quite possibly drop out with the price range you're talking about. Its just an accessory.
Yes, a lot of money it is, but it is more than an accessory. Just like a Joker head, they both are very important to the character. I see no problem in raising the price to reflect your time and what not. No, I wont be buying this, but I don't have a P1. If i did, I would spend money on this.

Its an accessory to you!! To others its showcase worthy. Like I said people have paid $1000 for a casted silicone head of the Joker 1/6 scale. That is crazy to me when the DX already has a decent head. Thats my opinion. I would have paid 300 for that head but not a G.

Here is the other thing. Have any of you casted something that small? Chances are with that much detail if Baloo casts 10 of them he will only get one good one. 6 other ones will have air bubbles in the circles parts on the back and the laser sighting where he will have to fill it and the other 3 will be garbage. I re did a mask and spent 12 hours on it. I recasted it and out of the 8 I have poured I only have 5 good ones and 3 of them i had to fill with a little bondo.

Point is its not cast it and its done. Inless we work at a machine factory hand casting takes time and a loss of a few brain cells even with a mask. Then you need to clean up the edges and then paint, add the lens, run the lights...... Each mask can take up to 1.5-5 hours from start to finish in my case. $65 for what Baloo has done is a joke.

Its an accessory to you!! To others its showcase worthy. Like I said people have paid $1000 for a casted silicone head of the Joker 1/6 scale. That is crazy to me when the DX already has a decent head. Thats my opinion. I would have paid 300 for that head but not a G.

Here is the other thing. Have any of you casted something that small? Chances are with that much detail if Baloo casts 10 of them he will only get one good one. 6 other ones will have air bubbles in the circles parts on the back and the laser sighting where he will have to fill it and the other 3 will be garbage. I re did a mask and spent 12 hours on it. I recasted it and out of the 8 I have poured I only have 5 good ones and 3 of them i had to fill with a little bondo.

Point is its not cast it and its done. Inless we work at a machine factory hand casting takes time and a loss of a few brain cells even with a mask. Then you need to clean up the edges and then paint, add the lens, run the lights...... Each mask can take up to 1.5-5 hours from start to finish in my case. $65 for what Baloo has done is a joke.

I agree here again. I have done castings and sometimes there are ____ casts that can not be salvaged even with putty. Then again, I also haven't had to lose a lot of bios to bubbles that weren't fixable.

Well thats kinda my point. You had a cut-off point for that Joker head just as I would for this mask. I think you're probably right that Baloo would be justified in charging more but I'd have to think twice about paying the price of say, a complete Hot Toys figure for it. Its a more accurate mask but its still just a mask, no matter how nicely done it is.

-if its alright to ask how much has Tayler Durdum been charging for his ones? Did he put any less time and effort into them?

I must say I'm really impressed with baloo's mask and I'm one of the first that are in line to get one but I can't justify spending that much money for a mask if he decides to raise the price like you guys are saying. I hope baloo won't change the first price that was agreed on.

Not everyone is rich like you guys are. I believe with all the orders baloo got right now I'm sure he'll make a profit from it. :)

TD's mask is around 38-40 and baloo's is ranging from 60.

I must say I'm really impressed with baloo's mask and I'm one of the first that are in line to get one but I can't justify spending that much money for a mask if he decides to raise the price like you guys are saying. I hope baloo won't change the first price that was agreed on.

Not everyone is rich like you guys are. I believe with all the orders baloo got right now I'm sure he'll make a profit from it. :)

TD's mask is around 38-40 and baloo's is ranging from 60.

I cant comment for Baloo, its on him to choose the price. Did he quote $65 before or after he decided to do the inner half?

I dont think he has ever casted anything before so its not entirely fair to say he quoted me $65 so he should go with what he said. I know thats not what you said but thats how you feel inside IMO. Casting is not fun. Its messy, toxic and expensive if you use good stuff. I personally breakout in hives on my wrist when I get it on me. I now always where longsleeves and a 3m gas mask with both garage doors open.

I cant comment for Baloo, its on him to choose the price. Did he quote $65 before or after he decided to do the inner half?

I dont think he has ever casted anything before so its not entirely fair to say he quoted me $65 so he should go with what he said. I know thats not what you said but thats how you feel inside IMO. Casting is not fun. Its messy, toxic and expensive if you use good stuff. I personally breakout in hives on my wrist when I get it on me. I now always where longsleeves and a 3m gas mask with both garage doors open.

Man, if I cast too much my face ____ing swells, thats with a mask on and on my porch. Casting is rewarding, nice to see something I did and fin to paint but the process sucks.

Man, if I cast too much my face ____ing swells, thats with a mask on and on my porch. Casting is rewarding, nice to see something I did and fin to paint but the process sucks.

Its almost not worth doing when you think of the future long term side effects. If I do it 3 days in a row my left hand gets the shakes. I detox everyday so when I stop for 2 days it goes away. :cuckoo::cuckoo: But I like the end result with the product...

Last edited:
I would let Baloo decide his price according to the work and materials involved and to the market request and customers possibilities. He knows the best what to ask for the mask to have everyone satisfied.

Back