HT The Dark Knight figures waiting room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, i'm annoyed in that, i preordered from studiosunny, with my dark knight batman, weeks ago, and now that he's got a few of them, he puts us pre order folk on a waiting list, and i see he has 'ready to ship' ones on ebay in current sales, and goes on to tell buyers that these arent a part of his waiting list, and will ship right away. What the friggin hell was the point of me preordering then? Why dont we get priority? If i wouldve known that, i would have just waited and bloody well bought it when it was released. NOT HAPPY :(

Batman New Costume just arrived at my house. Everyone that gave Wilfred bad feedback in Ebay should go there and correct it. This is the second figure I buy from Wilfred and everything was perfect. Yes there were problems with communication but in the end, It came to my door with no problems at all. And for this figure (TDK Batman) I'm one of the first to actualy have it in my hands. I live in Portugal, btw...

PS: Now I'm waiting for Batpod (robartek-ebay) and Bank Robber Joker (joe)...

ya i emailed animate international 2x in the past week on ebay, went to his store emailed him yesterday about my new suit batman to find out if he them in if he would be shipping when, if they had shipped get a darn tracking #.

and 0 response, i been patient i not bugged them, but tell you what you plunk down 180+ bucks a preorder 2 months ago, and you cant get a single word out of em about wth is going on there is no excuse for that not like we talking a 20 dollar figure, but a 100+ overseas preorder they do owe people better communication period.

if it comes in good shape and soon fine but he still not getting a good score from me if i cant get word one about whats going on w my order.

Batman New Costume just arrived at my house. Everyone that gave Wilfred bad feedback in Ebay should go there and correct it. This is the second figure I buy from Wilfred and everything was perfect. Yes there were problems with communication but in the end, It came to my door with no problems at all. And for this figure (TDK Batman) I'm one of the first to actualy have it in my hands. I live in Portugal, btw...

PS: Now I'm waiting for Batpod (robartek-ebay) and Bank Robber Joker (joe)...

Let's hold on a second and hear my story before we reconsider everything that was said about our friend Wilfred. I ordered my tdk batman from him about a week or so after you in July and started checking this message board every so often to get updates on the release of this figure. It was then that I began to notice all the negative feedback that he was getting for supposedly not answering emails, telling lies, etc. I could have filed a paypal dispute right then, but instead I emailed him, telling him that I figured this was all an isolated incident and that I trusted he'd send me my item. He was a little slow to respond to me, but he always eventually did. Months passed and all the way up to the figure's release date and I really thought he would send it to me when he said he would. However, it has been a week and a half since then and this hasn't happened. First, he said he would send me the figure within 72 hours of getting it. Didn't happen (he did keep his word for you though, Crisitiman). Then he said he would ship the figure last week. Also didn't happen. Then I sent him some emails asking him what happened. He hasn't replied since Friday. What makes this is all even more lame is he told me he would ship the figure to me first for being understanding awhile back. I always thought people were exaggerating when they said he lied to them about shipping, but I guess now I see what they meant. Maybe it's cuz I live in America. Maybe he didn't get enough from HT like last time. All I know is that it is lame after 2 months and a half of waiting to be here wondering if he's ever going to ship my figure or even answer me at all, especially when I can't even file an ebay dispute anymore. Anyway, there you have it. Take what you want from it.

He most likely only got a small shipment so if you haven't gotten it shipped to you yet then you probably won't get it until the next shipment comes in---which would be the same time as everyone else gets their shipments--end of October.

This is what happened to The Joker, basically Hot Toys only ships out a small amount of the figures when they are first finished, but Animate tells everyone that he has them in and that they'll all be going out very soon, then he chooses at random the people he'll send them to (mostly based on who's making the biggest fuss over when they'll get it) and then stop responding to others. Then when people start getting mad he'll act like you're stupid for expecting your figure because he hasn't gotten the full shipment yet--none of this has he told you by the way.

So yeah, animate is a pretty crappy seller

ya i emailed him once and got a response fast like a month and half ago asking about release, not emailed him till last week when i knew the ship date was close, never was rude or demanding just asking for info.

he may ship when he feels like it but putting faith in a overseas pre order and waiting out past the time you can dispute it thru pay pal and stuff is like playing russian roulette with a fully loaded gun, and even worse when he wont respond at all.

good to see some of you getting yours and at lest he not posted any more pre orders of late. hell i dont think hes posted anything for sale in the last month and a half, but figure i would be near the top of list since so many cancelled or disputed him even prematurely, and some people did jump the gun when pre ordering the new suit and wondering why they had not gotten anything like that month.

so there was like 3 cancellations or 4 on the new suit after i ordered mine so had to be somewhere near the top. think i personally waited long enough and been nice enough about the whole deal to lest get a damn email back. :banghead

now i am gonna go chain smoke and seriously start considering asking for my money back if i dont get word one soon or it arrives at my door in the next day or 3.

Yes I admit problems with communication (his english is terrible and sometime weeks before any response). But I cant say anything bad about doing business with him. I was worryed in the begining as I stated in these foruns, but he did sent me in the first place... Today I'm a very happy owner of two great Hot Toys figures. And can only leav positive feedback to him...

oh my, I have a bad feeling about my pre-order from animate. the last two weeks, he answered my mails quite well and fast and said to me, that all batmans will be shipped "this" week (which have meant to be last week).

now i'm writing him mails about the infos, if he has sent it to me and getting the tracking number, but he ignores me like hell.

and like CristiMAN, i live in europe, so it could be hear in the next days, but i don't think so. if he had really send it to me, he would not ignored my mails, because he would have nothing to hide.

I really hope and pray now, that I'm really even getting a figure, after i preordered it at july, so through paypal i wont be able to get my money back. :/

wilfred, wilfred, wilfred,... :(

Well, at least it's good to know I'm not alone...let's all hope there is some explanation

oh my, I have a bad feeling about my pre-order from animate. the last two weeks, he answered my mails quite well and fast and said to me, that all batmans will be shipped "this" week (which have meant to be last week).

now i'm writing him mails about the infos, if he has sent it to me and getting the tracking number, but he ignores me like hell.

and like CristiMAN, i live in europe, so it could be hear in the next days, but i don't think so. if he had really send it to me, he would not ignored my mails, because he would have nothing to hide.

I really hope and pray now, that I'm really even getting a figure, after i preordered it at july, so through paypal i wont be able to get my money back. :/

wilfred, wilfred, wilfred,... :(

I received a traking number (by ebay private message) last thursday where I was informed of everything: Hong Kong post, Transit to Europe, Portugal customs, and portuguese posts. I might be alone in this one, but it went like breeze. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'm a really happy costumer...

I received a traking number (by ebay private message) last thursday where I was informed of everything: Hong Kong post, Transit to Europe, Portugal customs, and portuguese posts. I might be alone in this one, but it went like breeze. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'm a really happy costumer...

damn it, wilfred!!!
when have you preordered your figure?

I've sent him again a mail, but now through ebay. he told me to write him mails through his other mail-adress, but since this, he ignores me completly, so perhaps he'll recognize my mail now.

damn it, wilfred!!!

I've sent him again a mail, but now through ebay. he told me to write him mails through his other mail-adress, but since this, he ignores me completly, so perhaps he'll recognize my mail now.

Threaten a paypal dispute and bad feedback, that's really the only way to get him to reply if you've been waiting for a while. He also shipped orders that were made after mine with the Joker, so don't be surprised if that's the case. Just press him for the actual ship time.

For me I couldn't try and order from somewhere else so I had to wait, it will probably be sent if you wait long enough.

Threaten a paypal dispute and bad feedback, that's really the only way to get him to reply if you've been waiting for a while. He also shipped orders that were made after mine with the Joker, so don't be surprised if that's the case. Just press him for the actual ship time.

For me I couldn't try and order from somewhere else so I had to wait, it will probably be sent if you wait long enough.

thanks for your advice, but threatening him with a paypal dispute is forceless for him, because i've payed the money more than 2 months ago, so it's not more possible to react through paypal.

I'll wait till tomorrow and if he don't answer again to my mails, i'll try my best to make some pressure ^^

damn it, wilfred!!!

July. The figure was preordered (buy now) a few hours after he put it to sale in ebay. Then in August there was a Joker delivered to me that I didnt order and after some negotiation I kept it (so happy I did). We traded some mails (in ebay messages) and I confirmed that I really wanted TDK Batman. There was some confusion as he then said he would send me Batman, but teh begins costume. After some messages he did understood I wanted the figure I bought in the first place. It was not easy, and for some moments I was really worried I would end with Begins Batman after I bought TDK. But it all went well, I think.

thanks for your advice, but threatening him with a paypal dispute is forceless for him, because i've payed the money more than 2 months ago, so it's not more possible to react through paypal.

I'll wait till tomorrow and if he don't answer again to my mails, i'll try my best to make some pressure ^^

But isn't it against eBay rules to sell an item that isn't in hand, ie a preorder? I know this is universally ignored, but maybe you can threaten to report him to ebay for selling an item that he didn't have, which would get him thrown off.

But isn't it against eBay rules to sell an item that isn't in hand, ie a preorder? I know this is universally ignored, but maybe you can threaten to report him to ebay for selling an item that he didn't have, which would get him thrown off.

It might be... But that is a secure way to guarantee it. In eBay you have payPal protection rules, and sometimes it's safer to make the deals loke this. Nobody makes you use ebay. If you dont like/trust ebay sellers, you have the right to simply buy anywhere. To me, living in Europe is much cheaper to deal directly to Hong Kong. For an example in Forbidden Planet (UK) Iron Man MK III costs 171 usd plus shipping. Mark I is 278 plus shipping. In Ebay you can deal directly to Hong Kong, and still be protected by ebay/paypal security rules. But as I said, only you can decide what suits you best.

You eBay pre-order buyers never learn your lessons do you? I see you all complain all the time. What do expect when the 30-day pre-order eBay rule is DRASTICALLY overlooked? That eBay is going to get on them if they don't get the item within 30 days? Heck no! They make eBay MONEY!

Sure, some of the guys have a good rep. and such...but what do you expect when the manufacturer trickles out a few? And then these guys are half-a-world away and you expect them to honor those pre-orders with those first batches? Pshhh...they want the quick buck as quickly as you all want the figure.

I don't mind waiting longer to get the service and trust of some of the online retailers.

You eBay pre-order buyers never learn your lessons do you? I see you all complain all the time. What do expect when the 30-day pre-order eBay rule is DRASTICALLY overlooked? That eBay is going to get on them if they don't get the item within 30 days? Heck no! They make eBay MONEY!

Sure, some of the guys have a good rep. and such...but what do you expect when the manufacturer trickles out a few? And then these guys are half-a-world away and you expect them to honor those pre-orders with those first batches? Pshhh...they want the quick buck as quickly as you all want the figure.

I don't mind waiting longer to get the service and trust of some of the online retailers.

Well said!

I would figure after the issues with the Original Costume and Joker figures that people would be turned away from eBay. Also, just cause you have a "good" transaction once with one of these sellers does not promise it a 2nd time. Do not pre-order these Hot Toys Dark Knight figures on eBay.

Well said!

I would figure after the issues with the Original Costume and Joker figures that people would be turned away from eBay. Also, just cause you have a "good" transaction once with one of these sellers does not promise it a 2nd time. Do not pre-order these Hot Toys Dark Knight figures on eBay.

I'm new at this. These TDK HT figures are the first 1/6 in a really big action figure collection. I came to these foruns AFTER preoredering Batman TDK and Batpod from ebay. Joker came to my door without asking (I kept it anyway) and Bank Robber was preordered from Joe (amazing feedback and really good price including shiping to Portugal). I'm just telling my experience with Wilfred that turned out really ok as the TDK figures is allready in my shelf (and believe me, it's really good and photos really dont do it justice, it's THAT good)

Back