InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure retails for $315 fyi (What I paid for in Asia). I don't feel like it's fair to use $380-400 of Kit's to compare its prices. Since Kit prices include other fees + shipping is baked in

I'd wager there are more people that bought this from areas it's not shipping to then other way around. If anything, the retail price is less relevant if you think about it.

But perhaps I'm wrong and customers from non-shipping countries are not the majority.
retail price is definitely relevant

Thread cleaned up from some of the bickering. I suggest a few of you guys use the ignore feature.

It actually works, and deletes the other person's presence on this board so you'll never have to see nor interact with them again.

ezgif-2-557782e75a.gif

I keeeeeeed, I keeeeeeeeeeed. 😁

No, they use a different peg system. You can rig it up with some blutac or other method. but they won't securely attach to each other
(y)

Just used the blue tack method recently to attach a D&D ThreeZero Edgin Darvis (Chris Pine) head sculpt to a Steve Trevor Barbie (WW84 Member’s Only outfit). :lol

I'm very curious if that extra line under the armpit is a deal breaker for anyone.
I didn't notice it before, and I'm sure I'll have forgotten about it by the time this releases a year from now. Lol

It probably helps that those lines don't stand out nearly as much on the Inart figure as they do on the HT.

It was you! Nothing meant towards you or what you buy in my comment bro, just personal preference. Glad you didn’t take it the wrong way. Statue collectors can be a bit touchy feely when someone mentions likeness, costume inaccuracies, or factory paint because of how much they spent and the overall footprint / hassle of reselling it.

I agree, if you’re going to collect statues, 1:3 seems to be ideal. I really like how dedicated JND are to that scale and keeping the bases uniform, very classy. They look good lined up in a room.

I see that you collect various scales so you’re a bit more down to earth, able to meet in the middle on points addressed, thanks for that.
No offense taken. ☮️

Even if I have a different opinion than someone else, I still like to listen to other people’s perspectives and see where they’re coming from.

Like anyone else, I have my gripes but generally try to steer away from drama - I got into this hobby to tap out of “reality.”

This hobby is getting increasingly expensive so I understand why collectors get so passionate. At the same time, I’m just trying to appreciate and live in the moment because we’re truly living in a golden age of collecting.

Never in my wildest dreams 25-years ago (when I was still collecting McFarlane toys) that I’d fathom one day owning a 1/6 screen accurate Batmobile/BatWing or 1:1 busts of my childhood movie heroes. It’s unreal how far collectibles have come. :blissy

Last edited:
Dean Knight 333 review.

It looks like the rubber is beginning to pry apart from the suit a bit. Fabric glue would fix it but it's just something I noticed. It's the only figure I've seen with it so far from other reviews.

Dean Knight 333 review.

It looks like the rubber is beginning to pry apart from the suit a bit. Fabric glue would fix it but it's just something I noticed. It's the only figure I've seen with it so far from other reviews.

I realized it was Dean's after posting my comment. And the pleats is just due to futzing. I mean even if the glue goes off, it happens with every figure and is such an easy fix that takes 30 seconds max to fix. I wouldn't say it will become a serious problem. Unless the suit fades like HT did because of how thin it is

Rory's mods are fantastic and you can see how his chrome modification changes how the HT suit reacts under natural lighting. If you don't think the mods affect how the texture and color of the suit look then I don't know what else to say. People see things differently.
I’m not referring to the chrome modification
and how it amplifies screen accuracy.
I’m referring to the material Hot Toys chose way back when, its texture, its unique to the touch, raised material.

IMG_4595.jpeg

To me, Rory’s looks far more durable than a YouTubers already torn copy, among others.

What if that was any of you?

Hopefully you went with Kit or InArt directly and have a better time. For these YouTubers, they’ll call InArt up and have another in 2 weeks. What happens if you went elsewhere? Far later batch suppose?
Good luck. Their QC & batch roll out need to improve for customers to continue handing their hard earned dollar consistently, same goes for every other brand. No one likes people sitting on their money for years, not here, not in customs.

The fact that Rory was able to get that suit so accurate is a testament to the base bones model at his finger tips.

From a distance you can’t really pick up on the incorrect material on the InArt or the lack of a proud shield standing on its own with sturdiness. It shouldn’t press into his pecs like that, nor crease to the degree the material does at the elbow. They could have quickly fixed that before rollout.

Sure we’ll likely futz that issue away, but it shouldn’t be presented like that, it’s meant to mimic a skin tight musculature padded texturized suit.

Also I may not prefer this incarnation of the character or the universe it’s in, but I like Cavill as an actor and this is easily second best Superman on screen, he did nothing wrong.

This looks like it could be problematic down the road.

View attachment 727812

Seems to look worse as the video goes on
That tear towards the figures right shoulder should be a concern, how long will it hold up for people?

Last edited:
I’m not referring to the chrome modification
and how it amplifies screen accuracy.
I’m referring to the material Hot Toys chose way back when, its texture, its unique to the touch, raised material.

View attachment 727833

To me, Rory’s looks far more durable than a YouTubers already torn copy, among others.

What if that was any of you?

Hopefully you went with Kit or InArt directly and have a better time. For these YouTubers, they’ll call InArt up and have another in 2 weeks. What happens if you went elsewhere? Far later batch suppose?
Good luck. Their QC & batch roll out need to improve for customers to continue handing their hard earned dollar consistently, same goes for every other brand. No one likes people sitting on their money for years, not here, not in customs.

The fact that Rory was able to get that suit so accurate is a testament to the base bones model at his finger tips.

From a distance you can’t really pick up on the incorrect material on the InArt or the lack of a proud shield standing on its own with sturdiness. It shouldn’t press into his pecs like that, nor crease to the degree the material does at the elbow. They could have quickly fixed that before rollout.

Sure we’ll likely futz that issue away, but it shouldn’t be presented like that, it’s meant to mimic a skin tight musculature padded texturized suit.

Also I may not prefer this incarnation of the character or the universe it’s in, but I like Cavill as an actor and this is easily second best Superman on screen, he did nothing wrong.

That tear towards the figures right shoulder should be a concern, how long will it hold up for people?
Rory was able to make it look that good with a trash figure to start with. Wait until people start modding this. Simplified your point for you.

Every post this guy has is moving goalposts. Oh, the shield isn't supposed to be raised? Oh the body is inaccurate? What about the suit? Oh that's modded? Well if a modder can do it, it just means HT has it right underneath it all!

Crazy.

Back