InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the above is the definition of hypocrisy. Sorry.

So far. Not very good examples either.

You have no idea what can be achieved with the BW hair, yet you are critical. But all things are possible on the Artisan Joker head that you don't even have in hand yet just because you have "Joker on order".
I think the hair on mine came out fine with minimal futzing
IMG_5585.jpeg
IMG_5578.jpeg
IMG_5579.jpeg

As for the 1k cost in an earlier comment; this all in set is two rooted figures and a huge bat signal. It’s not just 1k for a single figure. As with any rooted figure you can completely wash out any existing hair product and style completely yourself if desired. Most issues are user error imo. Too much added hair volume is definitely manufacturer error though.

Inart's Phoenix Joker is another set that is two rooted figures. The HT is obv less expensive, but will most likely include less premium materials, lower resolution sculpt at production, and lack realism in production paint (see the new dot matrix Ledger makeup). All that on top of an even worse looking suit than Inart's currently. HT is no doubt the top dog in this hobby based on pure numbers. However, those numbers generally lead them to cut corners in every aspect of their figure production. They have been capable of much more quality work for a while now, but are only just now starting to try harder. Minus the corner cutting lol.

Regardless of how JND's attempt turns out. I think that if Inart puts out a single figure release JND or Inart would be the ones to pick up as base figure at the very least to customize or keep stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
The messy Pattinson Batman sculpt looks good because it’s easier to style. The standard Bruce Wayne hair just looks awkward no matter what except for the prototype where it actually tries to mimic his hair. The released version is too clumped together and volulminous to aspire towards the real thing. It’s the wrong cut for him.

The new Ledger Artisan will no doubt also need work from the customer, any rooted sculpt needs a bit of tlc, even customs. I wish HT would go ahead and release it so I can fix everything wrong with it.

IMG_2888.jpeg

Yes that’s the best I’ve seen it, that goes back to my previous point, they’re really struggling right now with uniformity which shouldn’t be a thing at these prices and wait times. They have less than 20 figures but have the same lead times as Hot Toys, every one should be up to InArt’s standards across the board or give us another delay. It’s really a simple concept.

I agree, their batch inconsistencies are quite concerning. The only figure that was consistent so far was pennywise. All their other figures were sort of a gamble when it came to the rooted hair.
I’m not trying to poke fun at them, I want to see them improve it, look at the hair HT was going to give us originally on the Artisan vs what they’ve done behind the scenes as of late. Night & day, perfect? No but we can work with it definitely.

However I do feel like most people are too lazy to style/adjust the hair. Just some very simple styling with water can make it look so much better.
I agree, styling the hair is just as crucial as anything else, end goal is replicating the character to a T, this is why I never rely on any one company to give me everything just right. I like to make accuracy adjustments myself, that’s half the fun of this mostly upset hobby.

I’m not trying to poke fun at them, I want to see them improve it, look at the hair HT was going to give us originally on the Artisan vs what they’ve done behind the scenes as of late. Night & day, perfect? No but we can work with it definitely.
Looks a lot better for sure and I really hope that the people who preordered the original Artisan Joker get the same quality as that sh*tty Batman. Otherwise they really screwed those people.

Looks a lot better for sure and I really hope that the people who preordered the original Artisan Joker get the same quality as that sh*tty Batman. Otherwise they really screwed those people.
I’m one of those people, I had the DX19 in my cart for jokes.

I agree, their batch inconsistencies are quite concerning. The only figure that was consistent so far was pennywise. All their other figures were sort of a gamble when it came to the rooted hair.
They had a lead custom artist who’s out of this world at hairing, Vito, head of that release which is why. When they should have had Vito on their Ledger hair not wasted on Pennywise.

I agree, styling the hair is just as crucial as anything else, end goal is replicating the character to a T, this is why I never rely on any one company to give me everything just right, I like to make accuracy adjustments myself, that’s half the fun of this mostly upset hobby.
Something most people forget. InArt even posts videos on how to style the hair and properly futz the clothing, can’t get simpler than that.

Something most people forget. InArt even posts videos on how to style the hair and properly futz the clothing, can’t get simpler than that.
How can anyone hate InArt when they offer that.

Hating them and holding them to their pricier standard are not interchangeable. These production pieces don’t hold their weight across the board, one perfect copy doesn’t mean their job is finished. I’d rather them acknowledge that and step it up with implementing a strategy on how to quickly improve. Either find another factory or hire people who can teach quickly and efficiently.

How many of these pricey all in packs do we have to go through with QC & significant drops in comparison to what was offered.

Last edited:
However I do feel like most people are too lazy to style/adjust the hair. Just some very simple styling with water can make it look so much better.
Yup, and it's not just hair styling. A lot of collectors seem to be too lazy to futz any of their figures. It's their prerogative to do whatever they want, of course. But, given how much money we spend on these things, it sort of shocks me how many ppl just take the figure out, plop it on the stand and call it a day with little to no care whatsoever.

They had a lead custom artist who’s out of this world at hairing, Vito, head of that release which is why. When they should have had Vito on their Ledger hair not wasted on Pennywise.
Ah that’s why. That might also be the reason the hair on Harry looks completely different compared to their prototype that was done by Vito.

What could’ve have been.. :thud:

...leaving their figure cluttered behind the other 40 they have on the shelf, piled like a child's treasure... or an OCD hoarder.
Once the 2.0 is available you should always rid your collection of the old, not as accurate version. I would never display the DX11 in my collection, for me InArt has jointed that list, eventually followed by the Artisan. It’s got the practicality of collecting phones throughout the decades, pointless. Purge yourself and buy with the future in mind. You’re essentially buying time with each release to have a stand in your collection, but it should be this way, only way progression takes place at an unnatural pace.

I would definitely never pose an older version on the shelf with the newer, superior version.

I would pose, say, the old InArt body with a new, say, Artisan head though. Updating an older figure counts as an upgrade (like new).
Just what I was hinting at, start looking at releases for parts. Which makes me feel like I wouldn’t mind throwing down the $50 on the Artisan Phoenix just to secure it if I were to decide to bring it home, for me it’s clearly got the better likeness, cheaper, and I can always turn around and bite on what JND offers up, but not both of the big expensive offerings.

Back