InArt - Black Myth: Wukong (Video Game) 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please anyone who has purchased this get a refund now while you can

There is no inart branding in the specifications or pictures, and the description does say it may differ from pictures

Ebay is good with dealing with problems with sellers but I don’t think in this case you are covered as much as people think

Please refund I don’t want people to lose money over this they might not be able to get back

Yep, if they said "we never put InArt in the brand description" and the bootleg closely resembles the listed pictures, I don't think eBay will side with the buyer..

I contacted three of the sellers yesterday. Two didn't reply. One did and confirmed it's a knock off, so the transparency of the sellers will make it hard for people to request refunds after these ship.

I'm interested to see what the bootleg looks like (not interested enough to order myself :ROFLMAO:) Maybe it's worth $100!

wukong.png

Yeah, I also got a response from one of the eBay sellers who confirmed it’s a knockoff and not INART figure.

I think it’s going to be challenging to get money back from this when they’re being this upfront about it and it specifically says in many of the listings to please ask the seller before buying.

interesting theres knock off of this, does that mean there's knock off of regular inart stuff

Yeah there’s no chance they produced a full knockoff of the figure in what a week and a half? And no chance its a full articulated figure with a tailored outfit.

I contacted three of the sellers yesterday. Two didn't reply. One did and confirmed it's a knock off, so the transparency of the sellers will make it hard for people to request refunds after these ship.

I'm interested to see what the bootleg looks like (not interested enough to order myself :ROFLMAO:) Maybe it's worth $100!

View attachment 723094
Yeah - thats what I've been suspecting.
It seems they have sent you a picture - would you be able to share a larger version of it here?
My seller has agreed to send me pictures before they ship to "confirm", and I have been clear in my follow up email that I suspect there are knock offs and want to make sure this is the one from the collectors edition and its made by Inart.
So between that + them using the official pictures I ought to be covered if they choose to not respond.
0% chance I fear that this is the real one.
But I am still interested in the pics to see if it is at least a decent looking figure, I too am incredulous they could pull off a decent copy so quickly.

Edit - looking more broadly there are already knock offs of the other collectors edition items on ebay, so maybe someone got an early copy and began making molds/copies a while back?
The turnaround on these copies is insane.

Last edited:
Yeah - thats what I've been suspecting.
It seems they have sent you a picture - would you be able to share a larger version of it here?
My seller has agreed to send me pictures before they ship to "confirm", and I have been clear in my follow up email that I suspect there are knock offs and want to make sure this is the one from the collectors edition and its made by Inart.
So between that + them using the official pictures I ought to be covered if they choose to not respond.
0% chance I fear that this is the real one.
But I am still interested in the pics to see if it is at least a decent looking figure, I too am incredulous they could pull off a decent copy so quickly.
Sure thing! I didn't initially share it because it looks like he's either sharing a photo of his own Inart figure or he's using someone else's unboxing photo:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I said yesterday one of the sellers of these figures literally also has a 3D print of the Black Myth Wukong figure up for sale, for a higher price even. There's also already a knockoff headsculpt widely available on the site. And the fact all these listings say its a "statue" and not a figure. And nearly all the listings make sure to say the pictures are not of the final product.

You might get your money back, but ebay has millions of cheap knockoffs pretending to be real products up for sale, if sellers never got away with it they wouldn't do it.

To be honest, I'd probably buy a recast of this, sometimes they turn out pretty decent, but not one made a week after the figure came out for half what even a recast would cost.

Sure thing! I didn't initially share it because it just looks like he's either sharing a photo of his own Inart figure or he's using someone else's unboxing photo:

View attachment 723124
Oh that is 100% a picture of the Inart - it even comes in the frosty white plastic bag + black foam + what looks like some of the paperwork from the Collectors Edition

Found the original image - its from a Facebook post.

Not really sure what the post is about though.

Last edited:
Requested a cancellation.
Between that and my email chain I imagine the seller might consider me too much hassle and might accept the cancellation straight away.
If not, at least I've paved a decent path for a refund from ebay.
Still pretty interested in images of what will arrive.

I am fine with a knockoff if it looks decent in-hand. I would have happily purchased an official figure if it was widely available, but no way I am paying those aftermarket prices.

I am fine with a knockoff if it looks decent in-hand. I would have happily purchased an official figure if it was widely available, but no way I am paying those aftermarket prices.
Pretty much my thinking as well.
Gonna try and cancel this just to strengthen my case.
But I have nothing against a knockoff figure if the figure produced is decent - like the Redman Dracula figures or the Batman Begins Scarecrow knockoffs that pop up on ebay once in a while.

Ebay just updated their cancellation policy the other day. There should be an actual cancel button that you can us after purchase until it's marked as shipped.

Once you hit the cancel button, the seller has a choice to accept or reject the request. If the seller accepts, then they can immediately relist the item.

Ebay just updated their cancellation policy the other day. There should be an actual cancel button that you can us after purchase until it's marked as shipped.

Once you hit the cancel button, the seller has a choice to accept or reject the request. If the seller accepts, then they can immediately relist the item.
I've hit the button.

Back