InArt - Black Myth: Wukong (Video Game) 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo just got this at said price, another one left apparently. We shall see

I agree, that was my hesitation too but covered regardless so thought I'd take a shot

Not gonna lie, for that price I took the risk as well, the seller has a huge positive feedback score so its not a completely insane bet :ROFLMAO:

The complete collectors edition was originally 300GBP - so this figure is representing a little over 1/3 of the original price.
Its possible that sellers who dont know Inart or the 1/6 scale community dont really know what they have?
Afterall Video Game statues that come with collectors editions tend to be pretty cheap looking/feeling so maybe the seller is making assumptions on its worth.......

Or its a short term scam and I just claim back my money from ebay.

Not gonna lie, for that price I took the risk as well, the seller has a huge positive feedback score so its not a completely insane bet :ROFLMAO:

The complete collectors edition was originally 300GBP - so this figure is representing a little over 1/3 of the original price.
Its possible that sellers who dont know Inart or the 1/6 scale community dont really know what they have?
Afterall Video Game statues that come with collectors editions tend to be pretty cheap looking/feeling so maybe the seller is making assumptions on its worth.......

Or its a short term scam and I just claim back my money from ebay.
That was exactly my thoughts too. Anyway, we shall see what happens 😅

Yeaaa, same story here. Just bought from eBay at 106 bucks out the door. Makes sense that it’s sold at a discount price if it’s only the figure from the whole grand package.

It’ll be my one and only INART figure. Wonder how this will go.. lol hope it’s legit!!

Wow, just had a look at Ebay, there is suddenly a big influx of affordable 1/6 Black Myth Wukong figure, gona grab one
wait.... is this a good sign or not?
Maybe some Chinese Gamers dont know the 1/6 market and the value of the Inart figure?
I may be coping here.

Edit: Okay looking at the feedback scores/number of transactions of some of those sellers its pretty clear that some of these are scams, but there are a couple with pretty high scores/number of transactions that seem like a relatively safe bet so long as its ebay guaranteed.

Chinese sellers tend to know exactly the market value of 1/6 scale figures and the figure is clearly the bulk of the value of the CE. Many of the new listings have more than ten of the figure available and are using the same stock images. Tough to believe someone purchased 10+ of this expensive edition just to split it up, sell the figure for $100 shipped and keep the rest of the items. After eBay fees and international shipping fees, they'd be making about $60-70 max. Why would someone ignorant of the value of the figure buy more than ten of the $400 edition (unless they have somehow acquired these figures for free)

Regardless, you're all covered by Ebay in the event these are scams, so you can't lose by trying. I'd of course rather be proven wrong and I do hope you get your figures! It would be awesome if these were legit listings.

It’s too good to be true.
Gold Rush Risk GIF by Discovery

I grabbed one too. Could be a scam, but I rarely see accounts with 1k+ 100% feedback break bad. Fingers crossed!
Yeah, the one I ordered has 5000+ 100% feedback so that is why I felt a little more confident in taking the risk, plus they only had 3 for sale.
Also - they have agreed to take some pictures before they ship it for me?
And in the end we are all protected in the glowing light of ebay's money back guarantee - so while we may be out of pocket short-term we will all get the money back if we get screwed.

Looking just at feedback doesn't cut it anymore for ebay. These sellers use all kinds of techniques to pump up their feedback scores, the most common of which is mass selling super cheap items and then pivoting to selling high in demand items with no intention of fulfilling the orders. It's a kind of exit scam. I never go based on feedback any more, I look at what they're selling in their store. None of these sub 100 dollar Wukongs have a trustworthy looking storefront at all. One of them has 20 listings for old kenner figures averaging 20 bucks a piece, and then a random Wukong figure. Another has a bunch of cheaply produced Olympics branded clothes, and then a random Wukong figure. Half the listings use the exact same item description, which is also completely generic and doesn't even say what the figure is. NONE of these say the brand, or even that they're from the collector's edition of the game, which is a huge red flag, especially when there's 3D printed Wukong figures all over ebay (one of the sellers of the sub 100 dollar Wukong is even selling a 3D printed Wukong in another listing, for twice as much!).

The whole "ebay will cover me if it's a scam" thing is not something you should *ever* count on. Ebay isn't in the business of just giving away money so people can gamble on chinese goods. They can, and have been known to in the past, choose not to refund you, especially if you make a habit of this kind of thing.

Looking just at feedback doesn't cut it anymore for ebay. These sellers use all kinds of techniques to pump up their feedback scores, the most common of which is mass selling super cheap items and then pivoting to selling high in demand items with no intention of fulfilling the orders. It's a kind of exit scam. I never go based on feedback any more, I look at what they're selling in their store. None of these sub 100 dollar Wukongs have a trustworthy looking storefront at all. One of them has 20 listings for old kenner figures averaging 20 bucks a piece, and then a random Wukong figure. Another has a bunch of cheaply produced Olympics branded clothes, and then a random Wukong figure. Half the listings use the exact same item description, which is also completely generic and doesn't even say what the figure is. NONE of these say the brand, or even that they're from the collector's edition of the game, which is a huge red flag, especially when there's 3D printed Wukong figures all over ebay (one of the sellers of the sub 100 dollar Wukong is even selling a 3D printed Wukong in another listing, for twice as much!).

The whole "ebay will cover me if it's a scam" thing is not something you should *ever* count on. Ebay isn't in the business of just giving away money so people can gamble on chinese goods. They can, and have been known to in the past, choose not to refund you, especially if you make a habit of this kind of thing.
Though I agree that the listings are extremely suspicious and the likelihood of the Inart figure being sent to customers is incredibly small, Ebay always favours the buyer. If the buyer opens an INAD case, the seller is forced to accept a return and issue a refund. If the item received does not match the photos being used (in this case, the Inart figure) this is justification to open an INAD case.

Though I agree that the listings are extremely suspicious and the likelihood of the Inart figure being sent to customers is incredibly small, Ebay always favours the buyer. If the buyer opens an INAD case, the seller is forced to accept a return and issue a refund. If the item received does not match the photos being used (in this case, the Inart figure) this is justification to open an INAD case.
Better take a video when opening the package, in case the seller disputes that he/she actually send the right item and that you are scamming them instead

Better make sure they put InArt in the brand description. Or else, they might send you a bootleg figure, that looks like the blurry pics they listed, but not the original figure.

I don't want to take a chance on this. I'll wait and see what you guys say when it's in hand. Hopefully you guys, get a real figure and not some BS scam.

I haven't personally ordered, as I don't trust the listings at all, but others should certainly take the advice above about taking a video of the shipping box being opened to reinforce their INAD cases.

There is zero chance you will be getting the inart figure for that price

Both listings say unbranded and nothing about Inart. You guys are really taking a stupid risk doing this, I hope you will all get your money back

I didn’t bite, but I did reach out to a few of these sellers and got an honest reply from one:
“No, it is a KO edition. Not the INART figure. Anything below $1500 is this KO version.”
The more you know.

Yep, thought so.

They are good in bootlegging stuffs, so the fact that they don’t put InArt in the brand section and none of the listed pics has InArt logo in it is so very sus.

Seems highly suspicious. If anyone received a copy, please post some photos here. I haven't even heard any news on InArt officially selling them outside of the game CE box.

Back