InArt Daenerys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s kinda funny how most say at “INART prices.” Why don’t more people criticize Hot Toys prices? As a US buyer, DXAE Joker is estimated to be $580 USD all in from Sideshow with tax and shipping for me and Legolas is $556 USD all in including shipping off OSK site.

Disclaimers: Of course this is my personal experience but generally speaking, it’s funny to see other people in general, but more specifically US buyers in the community at large (not just on this site) complaining about INART prices but give Hot Toys a pass? Do we forget how much Hot Toys DXAE Joker is? And yes, I’m using the all in, jacked up premium tacked on prices cause that’s what matters to people at the end of the day. And yes, this is more so for the US buyers only, as Sideshow is preferred method for Hot Toys and OSK is preferred method for INART products. Only reason why I’m comparing these.
I mean, you said it yourself: you chose the single most expensive Hot Toys to compare to InArt's average price. People do complain about Hot Toys prices, but there's less ire for ~$300 figures compared to $500+.

Also, at the end of the day, consumer psychology is that people are only gonna think about the Sideshow price and not factor in tax & shipping when making the comparison. Is that silly? Yes, but it's how most people's brains work when making a purchase.

I mean, you said it yourself: you chose the single most expensive Hot Toys to compare to InArt's average price. People do complain about Hot Toys prices, but there's less ire for ~$300 figures compared to $500+.
I chose Legolas cause it’s a standalone figure. Why would I compare a single pack Artisan Joker to a INART 2-pack? Reason why I chose the most expensive Hot Toys is because quite frankly, virtually no one complains over the DXAE Joker price, which makes my point as people hardly complain for Hot Toys prices.
Also, at the end of the day, consumer psychology is that people are only gonna think about the Sideshow price and not factor in tax & shipping when making the comparison. Is that silly? Yes, but it's how most people's brains work when making a purchase.
Well, they should take the tax and shipping costs into account as well.. it’s insane but HT DXAE Joker is pushing $600 USD. Legolas is closer to the $550 mark.

I chose Legolas cause it’s a standalone figure. Why would I compare a single pack Artisan Joker to a INART 2-pack? Reason why I chose the most expensive Hot Toys is because quite frankly, virtually no one complains over the DXAE Joker price, which makes my point as people hardly complain for Hot Toys prices.

Well, they should take the tax and shipping costs into account as well.. it’s insane but HT DXAE Joker is pushing $600 USD. Legolas is closer to the $550 mark.
I don't know that I agree that no one complains about Artisan Joker's price, but if those complaints have been downplayed, it owes to two factors:

1. Since InArt only released a 2-pack, there's no direct comparison. People therefore saw Artisan Joker as the cheapest way to get a single rooted Joker.

2. Limited edition sizes -- while largely a marketing tactic -- give the Artisan line the appearance of additional value. With how InArt secondary prices look, I'm not sure there's a tangible difference, but it feels that way to the person holding one of 3000 pieces.

Regardless, to get back to my original point, while Hot Toys has dipped their toe in the high-end market with the Artisan line, the fact remains that on the whole, they exist at a lower price point than InArt.

I don't know that I agree that no one complains about Artisan Joker's price, but if those complaints have been downplayed, it owes to two factors:

1. Since InArt only released a 2-pack, there's no direct comparison. People therefore saw Artisan Joker as the cheapest way to get a single rooted Joker.

2. Limited edition sizes -- while largely a marketing tactic -- give the Artisan line the appearance of additional value. With how InArt secondary prices look, I'm not sure there's a tangible difference, but it feels that way to the person holding one of 3000 pieces.

Regardless, to get back to my original point, while Hot Toys has dipped their toe in the high-end market with the Artisan line, the fact remains that on the whole, they exist at a lower price point than InArt.
That’s fair, but Idk, just a perception I’ve had. How people speculate that Daenerys will be $600+ is just jumping ship too, imo. Legolas is $556 off OSK as well, and sometimes I wonder if people forget that OSK tacks on their own premium to make some sort of profit.

While INART does exist in a different price tier overall including rooted sets, INART sculpted standalone offerings are slightly above or sometimes less than Hot Toys sculpted standalone offerings.

Back