InArt - Harry Potter 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad they ditched the magnets in the hands on this release from the looks. They need to do this with all future figures and jus drop the magnetic hands. If there's one thing Sideshow has gotten right with nearly all their 1/6 since the development of the original prometheus body is including wristpegs with each hand that stay in the hands when swapping them out. All 1/6 companies should be doing this

View attachment 714185
For me InArt hands, with or without magnets are the big flaw of their figures.
WHY they use an ugly pegs like others brands???

InArt is premium, we should systematically and compulsorily have seamless arms/handles, like the Joker.

Seriously, all their figures are almost Perfect but we're obliged to try to hide this ugly pegs, and sometimes it's impossible depending on the pose, which is a shame because it sabotages the overall quality and betrays the illusion of not dealing with a figure.

Look thos photo for example, this is clearly a premium model figure, but the pegs on the left hand betray this illusion

For me InArt hands, with or without magnets are the big flaw of their figures.
WHY they use an ugly pegs like others brands???

InArt is premium, we should systematically and compulsorily have seamless arms/handles, like the Joker.
This is where I tend to disagree as I have no problem with visible joints considering this is an action figure. Highly detailed but still a figure. If I want a seamless look, I'll buy a statue.
I really dislike this idea of seamless wrists as sometimes you need some of that extra range of motion that the standard wrist joint provides compared to seamless wrist.
It works for the jail cell Joker b/c he's not doing much and doesn't have to hold anything. Aragorn would require more than one set of gripping hands at varying angles just to accommodate the seamless look and be able to get multiple poses. Not to mention, for someone like Aragorn, you'd have to take off the jacket and vambraces, at the very least, each time you wanted to make the swap (more items if you have him in full gear). Getting the jacket on and off or trying to feed half the arm through the jacket sleeves would prove a bit of a chore. With TDK Joker, the jacket is already off for his seamless wrist/arms look and the swap is pretty easy once you unclasp the shirt cuffs which is required for the look anyway.

Last edited:
This is where I tend to disagree as I have no problem with visible joints considering this is an action figure. Highly detailed but still a figure. If I want seamless look, I'll buy a statue. I really dislike this idea of seamless wrists as sometimes you need some of that extra range of motion that the standard wrist joint provides compared to seamless wrist. It works for the jail cell Joker b/c he's not doing much and doesn't have to hold anything. Aragorn would require more than one set of gripping hands at varying angles just to accommodate the seamless look. Not to mention, for someone like Aragorn, you'd have to take off the jacket and vambraces, at the very least, each time you wanted to make the swap (more items if you have him in full gear). With TDK Joker, the jacket is already off for his seamless wrist/arms look and the swap is pretty easy once you unclasp the shirt cuffs which is required for the look anyway.
I agree, the visible joints don't bother me. I'm more worried for the change with the Hermione legs if they go silicone. Those legs are so thin, they will break quickly.

I agree, the visible joints don't bother me. I'm more worried for the change with the Hermione legs if they go silicone. Those legs are so thin, they will break quickly.
If done right, I don't think the silicone legs should be a problem for Hermione. TBLeague are able to accomplish their smaller 1/12 seamless bodies and I haven't heard reports of those tearing/breaking. If InArt can take queues from them and implement it into Hermione's legs, it should work out ok.

Last edited:
Hedwig is easily one of the best looking 1/6 animal done so far. Looks soft and fluffy even though it's a fully sculpted piece.

u0xhbZx.png

This is where I tend to disagree as I have no problem with visible joints considering this is an action figure. Highly detailed but still a figure. If I want a seamless look, I'll buy a statue.
I really dislike this idea of seamless wrists as sometimes you need some of that extra range of motion that the standard wrist joint provides compared to seamless wrist.
It works for the jail cell Joker b/c he's not doing much and doesn't have to hold anything. Aragorn would require more than one set of gripping hands at varying angles just to accommodate the seamless look and be able to get multiple poses. Not to mention, for someone like Aragorn, you'd have to take off the jacket and vambraces, at the very least, each time you wanted to make the swap (more items if you have him in full gear). Getting the jacket on and off or trying to feed half the arm through the jacket sleeves would prove a bit of a chore. With TDK Joker, the jacket is already off for his seamless wrist/arms look and the swap is pretty easy once you unclasp the shirt cuffs which is required for the look anyway.
Yep but it's ugly.
And it's precisely the InArt quality that gives us the illusion that it's more than just a figure.
They have to find other thing for hands.
(And for me, a stone statue is no more realistic than an InArt figure)

Yep but it's ugly.
And it's precisely the InArt quality that gives us the illusion that it's more than just a figure.
They have to find other thing for hands.
I dunno, the fact I’m looking at a 30cm tall human on my shelf is the first clue that they aren’t actually a shrunken down person.

I agree that, where necessary, conceal joints as much as possible but @Gipetto0812 explained perfectly why full seamless would not be ideal for a character like Aragorn who wields has sword with both hands. Any subtle change in position requires both wrists to also readjust, which just wouldn’t be possible when limited by the fixed positions of seemless wrist.

Phoenix Joker is a great example of exactly what you want- but we must bare in mind that this is more appropriate due to the nature of the character and the types of poses the majority will opt for.
1721564166131.png

Every hand serves a specific purpose for a specific pose.
He doesn’t need as wide a range of wrist articulation as Aragorn or more action oriented characters and we don’t need the entire forearm like with Jail Cell Joker because his sleeves are buttoned up at all times.
Ergo, these hands perfectly suit the character and costume design.

InArt are clearly thinking about this and selecting what’s optimal on a case by case basis.

Last edited:
If done right, I don't think the silicone legs should be a problem for Hermione. TBLeague are able to accomplish their smaller 1/12 seamless bodies and I haven't heard reports of those tearing/breaking. If InArt can take queues from them and implement it into Hermione's legs, it should work out ok.
Well, I can report that their smaller 1/12 seamless bodies do have tearing/breaking issues... :confused:

This is where I agree with you definitely.

I hear what you’re saying about the exposed wrist joints, but for me, I guess I just accept it wouldn’t be super cost-effective for them to offer all those seamless arm swap outs for select poses where you’d see them. Overall, it’s not a big deal to me.

For example, I’m fully prepared for a character like Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman to have seamless arms pegged into a wrist peg/with hand. For such a dynamic character that wields a sword as well, there’s really no other way unless they provide swap outs, but that would drive up the cost quite a bit, no?

gives us the illusion that it's more than just a figure.
See, I never understood that. These things can be works of art, yes, but they are nothing more than just a really, really well made action figure. These aren't shrunken down versions of Viggo Mortensen and Daniel Radcliffe...that kind of thinking to me is kind of weird and I never understood it myself. They're just really nice collectibles. And with them being really nice collectibles, I want them to be posable, so I don't mind the wrist joints.

Unboxing is up

1721596291960.png

- Watching the longer review videos right now and so far my favourite little detail is the books, the textbook seemingly has a different, but relevent, print on each page and the moving pictures in Harry's photobook are lenticular!! What an awesome detail.

- Hedwig looks really impressive, one of the more realistic animal sculpts I've ever seen, also very impressed her cage is actually wood and steel.

- Yeah, this looks fricking awesome. All the accessories are really great for set dressing and world building, Gonna have a lot of fun posing this little guy.

Last edited:
I am kind of underwhelmed by the sculpted version of this release. Thinking of maybe cancelling and waiting for a Sirius Black one day.

I am kind of underwhelmed by the sculpted version of this release. Thinking of maybe cancelling and waiting for a Sirius Black one day.
I’d love a Sirius Black; though, unless the line blows up, I sort of doubt they’ll make one. It sounded like InArt wasn’t even going to make Snape until recently (probably b/c JND plans on making him), so I don’t have much hope for an official Sirius.

Last edited:
Back