InArt - Hermione Granger 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair on this figure is going to be way more labor intensive than Harry and Ron, thus why the price is similar and there's less accessories.

The only thing I would have liked was a version without the diorama base. I didn't get the deluxe on Harry and Ron, mostly because I have nowhere to set up those huge bases at this point, my collection is just too large for it now. Would have been nice to save a few bucks and not get something I won't be using, but whatever.

if they are doing Dumbledore we will probably be getting the Richard Harris version. I did want the later versions because Michael Gambon is the more iconic Dumbledore.

Well that’s all probably years away

if they are doing Dumbledore we will probably be getting the Richard Harris version. I did want the later versions because Michael Gambon is the more iconic Dumbledore.

Well that’s all probably years away
Yep, it will be Richard Harris. They show the first prototype they were working on last summer.

1000011296.jpg

Would have preferred Gambon as well but Harris still works to represent the character on the shelf. I think Harris fit the tone of the first two movies perfectly, he was a much gentler Dumbledore which fit the relationship he has with a younger Harry, and the more lighthearted nature of those films. Once they start getting darker and Harry's dynamic with Dumbledore begins to change, Gambon is a much better choice for the character.

For what InArt has put out for the trio, this version of Dumbledore does make sense - but I am going to hold out hope they'll make a Gambon, or dare I say a Jude Law version, someday.

InArt's Harry Potter line is shaping out to be their best work. I think these are more impressive than their Joker, Gandalf, Batman, or anything they've proposed to date. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet), I'm not interested enough in Potter to dive into this series. I'm looking at this purely from the perspective and appreciation of high-end 1:6 figure craftsmanship and construction, not according to properties licenses or franchise dedication. Harry Potter may not be my thing, but I know there are hardcore fans who would love to have such a fine high-end set of figures on their shelf - fans who might not even be 1:6 collectors, but simply diehard lifelong Harry Potter readers and film buffs.

Welp, Ron and Hermione ordered to go with Harry. This is an expensive endeavor but I was the exact right age for these to hit me right in the nostalgia. Can't even imagine what they'd cost once sold out so here we go!

Obviously Hermione's hair is going to be a significant chore, but I expect IA have also factored in some additional R&D and production costs for the seamless leg solution they're supposedly working on.

Preordered through Kit per usual. I do find it odd that they didn’t do a version without the backdrop portion of the base. Even if you’re not offering a sculpted hair version, it doesn’t make sense to not offer a version with rooted hair but without the fancy base for folks who preordered the standard version of the other two.

They also just confirmed on their FB that they're looking into seamless options based on feedback.

piaqzDT.png

Last edited:
those are some nice backdrops and accessories. I hope we get more of those. As much as I liked the Gandalf figure I didn’t care much for the accessories. The letter, ring, butterfly,fireworks and multiple staffs were nice were nice but these are great

those are some nice backdrops and accessories. I hope we get more of those. As much as I liked the Gandalf figure I didn’t care much for the accessories. The letter, ring, butterfly,fireworks and multiple staffs were nice were nice but these are great
As for the accessories, doesn’t that just fall back on the source material? Lol.

Sculpted hair would look terrible.

Hermione's hair here looks like a broom. Doing sculpted will definitely look terrible. It's just oversized and I can imagine it being a big chunk of ugly plastic that's not easy to sculpt and maintaining the appearance of it having layers.

So far these figures aren’t lighting anyone’s a***s on fire…so I need to ask:

Is the entire HP IP not attractive to a 1/6 collector? Or is it just the 1st year age and many here are waiting for the older version of the trio?

Is the entire HP IP not attractive to a 1/6 collector? Or is it just the 1st year age and many here are waiting for the older version of the trio?
From what I’ve gathered, there are HP collectors out there but they just don’t collect this stuff. More like Lego, prop replicas (usually the wands), funkos and other cutesie and/or novelty shop type things rather than high end figure/statue stuff like this

I think the cost and not being directly available in most markets is also hurting. Star Ace surely lost the license by now so I don’t get why WB would restrict their license for Potter but not Dune when Aug already had a 1:6 Dune license. I get limiting the Batman and Superman stuff because of Hot Toys’ license. These clock just shy of $600 each if you can’t order directly so even for high end they are on the high end. The quality is there for InArt, I’m just not sure the wallets are.

From what I’ve gathered, there are HP collectors out there but they just don’t collect this stuff. More like Lego, prop replicas (usually the wands), funkos and other cutesie and/or novelty shop type things rather than high end figure/statue stuff like this

Yeah that merch is definitely what attracts the standard HP fan.

Honestly if it wasn’t for my wife, I probably would’ve passed on this set and held out for a potential older trio. Like…from the last movie or maybe Goblet of Fire because of Harry’s uniform.

I applaud IA for taking the risk by literally starting where it all began…but feel bad because…well, look at the page count 😅😅

No one gives a **** 😢

I think the cost and not being directly available in most markets is also hurting. Star Ace surely lost the license by now so I don’t get why WB would restrict their license for Potter but not Dune when Aug already had a 1:6 Dune license. I get limiting the Batman and Superman stuff because of Hot Toys’ license. These clock just shy of $600 each if you can’t order directly so even for high end they are on the high end. The quality is there for InArt, I’m just not sure the wallets are.

Yeah it IS weird. I tried POing directly from them but it was ‘not available in your country’…

Damn man…this IP is gonna set IA back a bit. Unless they go ham on the license.

Yeah, I think there is very few it seems. Part of the reason could also be the lack of a global license. For me, this is my favorite franchise as I grew up with the books being the same age as the main 3 when the first one released in the 90s.

I loved the movies when those came out and have successfully passed that love of the franchise on to my two oldest daughters. I never collected backwards to get the Star Ace figures and only picked up Voldemort from SSC a year or two ago. I'm extatic about InArt doing Harry Potter.

Back