InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren’t you all still buying T1/T2 and Star Wars OT figures even though you all hated the following movies? :lol
Perhaps if even the first film
was at the level of T1 or T2..

For sequels to not hinder overall perception,
the original has to be extraordinary. T1 had T2, Alien had Aliens, as if the originals weren’t good enough.

Twofers: BOTH GREAT - sometimes the sequel is better even
Star Wars --> ESB
Terminator --> T2
Alien --> Aliens
Mad Max --> Road Warrior
Batman Begins --> TDK

To a lesser extent: GREAT 1st, pretty good sequel
Raiders --> Temple of Doom
Pirates --> Dead Man's Chest
Predator --> Predator 2
Jurassic Park --> The Lost World

One-offs: GREAT 1st, nothing comes close since
Die Hard --> Die Hard 2
Matrix --> Matrix Reloaded
Ghostbusters --> Ghostbusters 2
Jaws --> Jaws 2

The rarest of rare - Threefer:
FOTR --> TT --> ROTK

Seen a lot of people who seem to want a new Neo from The Matrix though :dunno
The original Matrix was a phenomenon and isn’t at all comparable to Phillips’ Joker regardless of how profitable the 2019 film was.

They may even try a sequel in a few years with a different director to course correct, make it like J2 never happened.
Not likely, Phoenix is finished and this sequel is pretty final in its conclusion.

The original Matrix was a phenomenon and isn’t at all comparable to Phillips’ Joker regardless of how profitable the 2019 film was.
Yet people were still willing to drop $500-1000 on figures...

I get the point you're trying to make, but if you liked the first movie enough to drop that kind of cash then no need to let the sequel ruin it for you.

I guess. I just wouldn't put anything past Hollywood these days, nor actors who grow old and need money/recognition.

Truly, the Three-quel no one asked for. :lol
Apparently the Director hates his own fans.

They ******* make Harley kill him off in the courtroom with a bomb :lol .

Yet people were still willing to drop $500-1000 on figures...

I get the point you're trying to make, but if you liked the first movie enough to drop that kind of cash then no need to let the sequel ruin it for you.

I never put up money for either the
two pack or four pack offerings from InArt.

It was too much and
I didn’t like the tailoring of the red suit.

I PO the Artisan HT on the hopes that this sequel would at least somewhat develop him into a Joker, was wrong, canceled, got my NRD back, all is fine.

Time to move onto other characters that are more important to me. I was never attached to his Joker, Pattinson Batman, or the DCEU, so I can let it all pass me by, same for Gunn.

I knew they wanted it to pull
from a musical number, but not that Phillips was intentionally flying the plane into the Atlantic, here.

First film wasn’t even incredible or groundbreaking. Director literally just heavily copied old Scorsese movies.

I haven’t seen this sequel yet, just info I’ve read.
I've also read a different ending so the spoiler above may or may not be accurate.

Either way, it’s clear, Todd Phillips was
washing his hands of the character with this outing.

Back