InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every rooted hair should be futz with. Same goes for the outfit. Take 30 minutes to an hour out of your day on your $500 figure to futz with it a bit. It makes a massive difference instead of just slapping it onto the body and calling it a day. Same thing applied to Joker and Gandalf. All it takes is some water.

sykmDhF.png
How much water do you need to spray on Gandalf’s hair to get it like this.

Seriously, does anywhere still have the pre-order for this still available? I waited until this came out to see the quality, and now I can't find it anywhere.
There isn't. At best you can wait until batches start going out and seeing if Kit or other carriers end up with leftovers. Otherwise you can only pay 2nd hand to get this now when it releases.

With the way some of these figures are now, if you have any interest it's best to put down a deposit and then lose it if you aren't interested, than to try to get something after you see the production version.

Justin had posted his Gandalf 9 month ago and I believe we are now at the tail end of everyone receiving their order. Based on that, I would assume we should all have our Aragorn by March 2025. It’s unfortunate that there is not another LOTR’s in the pipeline for us fans to anticipate production images. Even if Inart revealed Legolas or Gimili today, i would imagine it would be in our hands some time in 2026. By then Aragorn and Gandalf will look outdated and waiting for their 2.0's

Kind of wish Inart did not put the 5 THE JOKER figures out on preorder. Thats alone will bottle neck production. Really who was asking for five Joker figure right after the Heath release! Should have used those resources on another IP! Anyways I’ll post my sculpted Aragorn in 9 month like the rest of us!

Last edited:
Justin had posted his Gandalf 9 month ago and I believe we are now at the tail end of everyone receiving their order. Based on that, I would assume we should all have our Aragorn by March 2025. It’s unfortunate that there is not another LOTR’s in the pipeline for us fans to anticipate production images. Even if Inart revealed Legolas or Gimili today, i would imagine it would be in our hands some time in 2026. By then Aragorn and Gandalf will look outdated and waiting for their 2.0's

Kind of wish Inart did not put the 5 THE JOKER figures out on preorder. Thats alone will bottle neck production. Really who was asking for five Joker figure right after the Heath release! Should have used those resources on another IP! Anyways I’ll post my sculpted Aragorn in 9 month like the rest of us!
Thought it was 4 Jokers 🤔

2026 likely for Legolas sure, but I really don't agree that Gandalf or Aragorn will look outdated in 18 months.

If Inart revealed Legolas or Gimili today, i would imagine it would be in our hands some time in 2026. By then Aragorn and Gandalf will look outdated and waiting for their 2.0's
Outdated by 2026? Not even in 8 more years I would wager. Those 2 figures make everything on the current market look outdated by comparison. Even comparing them to some of Inart's own releases.

No 2.0s either. That's Hot Toys' MO. Inart seems to put their best effort forward with each figure, and they're definitely growing with time. But there's only so much room for growth. Mass production will always have its limitations, and this Aragorn looks to be an anomaly, if anything..

We'll be seeing people elevate the figure with customization. I myself would love an improvement to the duster coat. That's the only upgrade I can think would be worth a consideration.

-

It'll be interesting to see if JND makes their own Aragorn. I have no reason to believe they can beat this however. And if they're smart, they would aim for a different look anyway.

Last edited:
Outdated by 2026? Not even in 8 more years I would wager. Those 2 figures make everything on the current market look outdated by comparison. Even comparing them to some of Inart's own releases.

No 2.0s either. That's Hot Toys' MO. Inart seems to put their best effort forward with each figure, and they're definitely growing with time. But there's only so much room for growth. Mass production will always have its limitations, and this Aragorn looks to be an anomaly, if anything..

We'll be seeing people elevate the figure with customization. I myself would love an improvement to the duster coat. That's the only upgrade I can think would be worth a consideration.

-

It'll be interesting to see if JND makes their own Aragorn. I have no reason to believe they can beat this however. And if they're smart, they would aim for a different look anyway.
Sounds mad considering we don't even have this figure yet but I'd love to see Asmus tackle it as a Crown version...hear me out! I don't think they could top this sculpt unless they went all in and completely changed their manufacturing process however I think they could easily top the costume and accessories if they wanted to. It's all about making smarter, more informed choices and really honing in on obscure details which InArt have missed.

Either way, I'm interested in seeing who attempts to top this version as the gauntlet has been thrown but it will only be a matter of time before someone takes up the challenge...

I doubt any other company could top the outfit on this, from a final production presentation and quality point of view.

Regardless of any minor inaccuracies.
It's quite a simple outfit to be honest so it could easily be bettered if more attention to detail is payed. Once you start adding real leather in there, it will be a completely different presentation...just takes someone with the stones to go all in and do it!

I have absolutely no interest in Marvel, Batman etc. but looking at the levels of details that go into the those outfits at 1/6 scale is mind-blowing to me. I feel people may have gotten desensitised to seeing them to be honest as it's become so commonplace now but there's always going to be someone new that comes along to push things further.

It's quite a simple outfit to be honest so it could easily be bettered if more attention to detail is payed. Once you start adding real leather in there, it will be a completely different presentation...just takes someone with the stones to go all in and do it!

I have absolutely no interest in Marvel, Batman etc. but looking at the levels of details that go into the those outfits at 1/6 scale is mind-blowing to me. I feel people may have gotten desensitised to seeing them to be honest as it's become so commonplace now but there's always going to be someone new that comes along to push things further.

As I said I’m not taking about improving minor inaccuracies; I mean from a quality and presentation point, I believe no current company could better it.

The way all these layers fall and fit are honestly comparable to a custom clothing run. For a production piece it’s just maddening how they’ve achieved this.

As I said I’m not taking about improving minor inaccuracies; I mean from a quality and presentation point, I believe no current company could better it.

The way all these layers fall and fit are honestly comparable to a custom clothing run. For a production piece it’s just maddening how they’ve achieved this.
Yes it certainly looks brilliant! Can't wait to get it in hand and go to town on customisation though 😉

I guess what I mean is that as great as this is, I'm excited for someone to better it down the line which is a funny stance to have since I don't current have it yet! Haha! I only collect LOTR so an Aragorn of this quality is a grail for me...

Which Marvel / Batman figures are you referring to? I've not seen anything beat this Aragorn.

Which Marvel / Batman figures are you referring to? I've not seen anything beat this Aragorn.
Not in terms of head sculpt sorry, I just mean all the layers and elements to the Marvel/DC costumes which Hot Toys does with ease. I can't think of a particular figure as I only give them a cursory glance as I don't care about them but as someone with an eye for details in general, they seem pretty well executed!

That said, the new InArt Batman looks incrediblely detailed and as someone that doesn't know the costume inside and out, there is a lot more going on than on Aragorn's outfit.

Not in terms of head sculpt sorry, I just mean all the layers and elements to the Marvel/DC costumes which Hot Toys does with ease. I can't think of a particular figure as I only give them a cursory glance as I don't care about them but as someone with an eye for details in general, they seem pretty well executed!

That said, the new InArt Batman looks incrediblely detailed and as someone that doesn't know the costume inside and out, there is a lot more going on than on Aragorn's outfit.
I disagree. Hot Toy's approach with these cookie cutter Marvel costumes is weak. Layers of plastic and bulk that only exacerbate their bad proportions. Their signature two ply cloth that's really unnatural. Not to mention the poor micro detail, lack of weathering, and excessive use of faulty material.

As for Inart's Batman, it is quite an intricate and complex design indeed, but I think the end result is still considerably farther form the source material compared to Aragorn.

Back