InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos and wip on weathering Aragorn! Something we really shouldn't have to do at this price range and paying premium price. Should come weathered out of the box. But seeing all these Aragorns is really making me want mine delivered already! BUT it's due tomorrow. So not much longer of a wait and besides I'm trying to finish up my Lord of Darkness Tim Curry custom tonight so I can put all my attention on Aragorn tomorrow!

I've heard in some reviews that the hands can't hold a weapon because of the poor magnet system. Be careful concerning these magnets, some are not pushed enough in the hands so the hand will indeed fall very easily. (below are 2 same hands)

View attachment 725233

This bugs the **** out of me. This is the same problem I had with Gandalf. I can't believe they didn't have a fix for this. Why are we spending so much money on these high-end figures with 'premium' headsculpts if the hands don't even fit on the wrist pegs?!?!

This bugs the **** out of me. This is the same problem I had with Gandalf. I can't believe they didn't have a fix for this. Why are we spending so much money on these high-end figures with 'premium' headsculpts if the hands don't even fit on the wrist pegs?!?!
I see...putty and electrical tape in my future....because an Aragorn that can't hold a sword up doesn't scream heroic.
And deciding whether I have the $#@% to cut a few bangs into my premium headsculpt makes a huge difference.

Hope you don't mind, Neko, I used your pictures for a COMP so people can see the variance on the heads...

This is Neko's 3x Aragorns...

View attachment 725260
Even the eye position plays a huge part in contributing to the likeness. The third photo has his eyes looking up, and it seems the most “off” to me anyway.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the comparisons. I don’t think I am going to be disappointed when this one arrives.

Amazing work Neko. Time to troll FB and say this is how my Aragorn arrived in the packaging.

533791-18.JPG
good idea

Really thinking about it, I don't think it will be as long as one might think. Yes it's in the 120's but how many of those orders between 96000 and 120000 are something else?
Well, considering Kit's only secured 17% Premium so far, I'd say a lot.

5 months I reckon before I get mine.

I'm not really in a hurry though. But I do need that Threestep Interstellar ASAP 🤞

By the time you get yours, InArt might start including the ranger cloak.
They will. Another universal signal of love. They should get the rights to the behind the scenes Hobbit footage of
Martin Freeman, make a .GIF and send it to anyone who complains.

Well, considering Kit's only secured 17% Premium so far, I'd say a lot.

5 months I reckon before I get mine.

I'm not really in a hurry though. But I do need that Threestep Interstellar ASAP 🤞
The 17% was the first set he sent out and now sending out more yesterday and today, so not sure where his sent allotment will be at now for the Premium.

I'm honestly surprised I will be getting my Aragorn this soon since I made this last cut off with how long The Batman has been taking. This release seems to be a slight step up so far IMO.

Definitely right about that ThreeStep Interstellar. Need that yesterday!

3 Aragorn arrived yesterday as planned, and the 4th will arrive tomorrow. There arrived very quickly and perfectly packaged, huge thanks to Kit !!
The figure is awesome, but, IMHO, has a few flaws that can be easily corrected.
The unboxing shows three figures perfectly similar, except for the haircut. I think the headsculpt is incredible, and it's funny how the expression seems to slightly change depending on the light and angle: from soft/benevolent to determined.
View attachment 725219

View attachment 725220

View attachment 725221

View attachment 725222

View attachment 725223

The third has less product in the hair, so they look clearer. The paint apps are slightly different for the beard, the first seems to have a little more precise painting when the third seems a bit less precise. But, when you're 30 cm away from the figure, it doesn't show.
I've heard in some reviews that the hands can't hold a weapon because of the poor magnet system. Be careful concerning these magnets, some are not pushed enough in the hands so the hand will indeed fall very easily. (below are 2 same hands)

View attachment 725233

Incredible, the differences in the hair.

Hope you don't mind, Neko, I used your pictures for a COMP so people can see the variance on the heads...

This is Neko's 3x Aragorns...

View attachment 725260
See, that's a major issue with Inart as well.

Inconsistency

For the same price, one person can get a vastly inferior figure from somebody else.

Some of the Bruce Wayne sculpts look ridiculous, and completely phoned in.

There were notable variations for the rooted Jokers as well. Some entirely green, and others with heavy brown roots... different lengths, styling, and volume...

Some Jail cell Jokers look abominable compared to others.

I have to say, that's some absolutely stellar work man. That's how you work a figure!

Beautiful.

Curious about the burning technique. Do you sort of wave it around?

How long a distance do you keep? and How long do you let it stay in one spot?

The 17% was the first set he sent out and now sending out more yesterday and today, so not sure where his sent allotment will be at now for the Premium.

I'm honestly surprised I will be getting my Aragorn this soon since I made this last cut off with how long The Batman has been taking. This release seems to be a slight step up so far IMO.

Definitely right about that ThreeStep Interstellar. Need that yesterday!
Yeah they seem to have sped things up which is good. I guess we'll see Superman soon, and maybe Joker will indeed make its original ETA

I do think I'll grab that Joker 2 pack if I get another chance. @Kit Chen I think I preferred how you'd open the order window on occasion. It allowed me to get Aragorn after much deliberation.

Back