InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because for me a figure is more than a head sculpt.

Bein' a costume junkie, IMO what distinguishes a "doll" from an "art figure" is attention to scale, materials, details, paint including shading and neatness, ability to hold a pose, strength of the underlying body. AND critically the price e.g., at the price point, am I happy? Form follows function.

IMO there's nothing remarkable about the costuming here, compared to a number of 1/6 costumes (or at least the ones I've purchased) and worse, InArt decided to make an exclusive out of something pretty basic to the character. There's some amateur mistakes like the huge coat binding (off scale) and hands that fall off and/or weak ankles and/or a figure that falls over. This isn't a 200$ fig; it's a 400$+ plus fig; but my new Boba Fett has perfect tiny seams and pleats, everything to scale.

InArt seems pretty pleased about the "thin elven cloak" but what I seem is inexpensive printed material - not woven - that has no finishing of any kind. The coat isn't leather which was surprising.

So I'd disagree that the costume/figure is exquisite. From what I've seen, I'll get a "pretty good but could use some upgrades if I want to work at it" figure. Because it's a 400$ plus figure. If it were a 200$ figure then I'd be - well, less cynical. On the shelf he'll be fine. But InArt could have done a bit more.
From what I am holding, the costume is exquisite

I have plenty of experience with TBA, and when things have gone awry, more often than not, their customer service has really let me down. I don't think they are a last resort, but I try to avoid them when I can.

With Inart's bad QC record, I imagine it's a big risk ordering with TBA.

I have plenty of experience with TBA, and when things have gone awry, more often than not, their customer service has really let me down. I don't think they are a last resort, but I try to avoid them when I can.

I've only ever had to contact them once about a QC issue, had a hole in a Spider-Man's mask/head and I just had to ship it back to them, they then got a replacement from secret base.
They discounted the costs for sending it back to them from my next purchase.

Actually, I thought I'd share something I saw.

This person claims he was told (by Inart) to seek a "local craftsman" after reporting problems with his headsculpt (for Batman / Bruce Wayne).

IMG_20240917_133624_272-01.jpeg

So let's add it to the list of solutions:

1- Send a magic pencil
2- Use an oven
3- Seek a local craftsman

@Spiln3r hope things work out for you. I guess they can be hit or miss (lately more miss it would seem). Keep us updated.

This person claims he was told (by Inart) to seek a "local craftsman" after reporting problems with his headsculpt (for Batman / Bruce Wayne).

View attachment 726263

1- Send a magic pencil
2- Use an oven

@Spiln3r hope things work out for you. I guess they can be hit or miss (lately more miss it would seem). Keep us updated.
Did he contact them directly? Or through his seller?

I've only ever had to contact them once about a QC issue, had a hole in a Spider-Man's mask/head and I just had to ship it back to them, they then got a replacement from secret base.
They discounted the costs for sending it back to them from my next purchase.
Shipping the figure back to them would be very expensive for me.
Unfortunately, it limits my options.

But I'll say this about TBA. They sent me a figure that was torn open and missing an item (listed as factory sealed). I know they sent it this way, because the outer package was still sealed clean with their green paper wrap and bubble wrap.

What's even more frustrating, is I'd done my due diligence and asked them to make sure it was factory sealed because this was an older figure (and because I encountered this with a previous order from them) And they reassured me that it was.

Adding insult to injury, I wasn't compensated.

Another instance was the Delorean I received that was riddled with QC problems. That one I could understand, as their options were more limited. But still, all I got was an apology.

I have around 25 figures ordered through them I think. My last was a while ago when 3PO released. But I don't like them.

I’ll find out this Friday. I bought from them once before and had no issues with the figure.
I’m not that worried about QC issues as this is from one of the earlier batches. So far the main issue seems to be the hands.

I paid with creditcard and I’m pretty sure you are insured if your product arrives damaged or in different conditions than described (opened instead of factory sealed).

Shipping the figure back to them would be very expensive for me.
Unfortunately, it limits my options.

But I'll say this about TBA. They sent me a figure that was torn open and missing an item (listed as factory sealed). I know they sent it this way, because the outer package was still sealed clean with their green paper wrap and bubble wrap.

What's even more frustrating, is I'd done my due diligence and asked them to make sure it was factory sealed because this was an older figure (and because I encountered this with a previous order from them) And they reassured me that it was.

Adding insult to injury, I wasn't compensated.

Another instance was the Delorean I received that was riddled with QC problems. That one I could understand, as their options were more limited. But still, all I got was an apology.

I have around 25 figures ordered through them I think. My last was a while ago when 3PO released. But I don't like them.
Damn that is crazy, I've only ever ordered newly released figures from them and I guess I've been lucky with my interaction.

Yeah the shipping costs were quite expensive for me to return the figure, but I only had to send the body + head so I managed to use a smaller box. It was still £28 though to make sure it was fully insured and covered.

I’ll find out this Friday. I bought from them once before and had no issues with the figure.
I’m not that worried about QC issues as this is from one of the earlier batches. So far the main issue seems to be the hands.

I paid with creditcard and I’m pretty sure you are insured if your product arrives damaged or in different conditions than described (opened instead of factory sealed).

Ordered from them to and mine should also arive on friday. Very fast shipping from them. Hope we both get a figure without any problems

View attachment 726263

1- Send a magic pencil
2- Use an oven

Sounds like a side quest from the Witcher 3 :monkey2

Idk what is wrong with them, even third party companies offer the replacement. If they continue existing with this attitude I see them becoming a history pretty fast.

People may not want to hear this, but if you order a product from a third party re-seller, from a company that does not even have a legal license to sell that product in your region, there is probably going to be zero customer support for you.

Yes, it would be nice if they took the extra step, but there could honestly be legal reasons for that, even despite the fact that overseas shipping for replacement parts that they have no way of validating were even damaged out of the box (because it was purchased from a re-seller), may not be financially viable for them.

That being said, QC issues suck, and I hope they get this stuff figured out as they scale up and continue.

View attachment 726263

1- Send a magic pencil
2- Use an oven

WTF That's very worrying... :eek:
I haven't news yet, Kit told me to wait for his return.

I'm also waiting before announcing my problem to all the FB groups, I don't want to give InArt bad publicity if they respond to my problem.
I made just one post on InArt's private FB group with photos of my Aragorn, and obviously the moderation didn't publish it...
They prefer to agree to publish the beautiful receptions of people who have no problem...

The HS of my Aragorn is a massacre, I have at least 4 defects on it I absolutely can't keep it, I don't want it anymore it disgusts me...

If InArt really doesn't do anything I'm going to lose my mind... I buy all their products and I have everything pre-ordered except the Joker Phoenix, and Aragorn is the grail that I was waiting for the most

People may not want to hear this, but if you order a product from a third party re-seller, from a company that does not even have a legal license to sell that product in your region, there is probably going to be zero customer support for you.

Yes, it would be nice if they took the extra step, but there could honestly be legal reasons for that, even despite the fact that overseas shipping for replacement parts that they have no way of validating were even damaged out of the box (because it was purchased from a re-seller), may not be financially viable for them.

That being said, QC issues suck, and I hope they get this stuff figured out as they scale up and continue.
I think you're confusing things.

It's true that Inart can't be expected to send a replacement part to an overseas customer... But they can send the replacement to the reseller who bought from them within the licensed region (like OSK).

The reseller would then send it forward to the customer who bought from them (even if an additional shipping fee is required).

Regardless, Inart is clearly dodging responsibility, exploiting this loophole to their advantage.

But they should be treating the situation with great care, because resellers (like OSK) have opened a door to a huge market for them.

Inart knows this. They're counting on it. And if they keep screwing over their overseas customers, (I hope) this will come back to haunt them.

Back