InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this repaint, dont know if its been shared prior

Good from a technical perspective. Still think Raymonds repaint is king so far. I can't believe he figured out exactly what went wrong with the production paint and fixed it with no removal of existing paint. In awe of that level of artistic eye.

Good from a technical perspective. Still think Raymonds repaint is king so far. I can't believe he figured out exactly what went wrong with the production paint and fixed it with no removal of existing paint. In awe of that level of artistic eye.
I agree, i think it’ll be hard to get other painters to do something similar to Raymonds if you go the commission route. Very curious to see any other attempts at repainting this head.

InArt masterpieces. These two blow me away.

IMG0359.jpeg

I agree, i think it’ll be hard to get other painters to do something similar to Raymonds if you go the commission route. Very curious to see any other attempts at repainting this head.
Yea once I have mine in hand I'll have to start searching for someone that can follow the steps Ray was kind enough to share with us along with the pictures of his and the prototype to hopefully convey what I would like done. I know it'll cost me but I am OK with that. LOTR being one of my favorite properties and the three hunters along with Gandalf my most wanted characters in 1/6 scale from it, I'm willing to pay what it takes.

If anyone knows any painters they think might fit the bill, please let me know.

Is there anywhere to still get Aragorn besides the secondary market? Guessing not.

At least with Gandalf, Kit did timed releases of the unclaimed extra stock, announced on his Facebook page. Still a lot of Aragorns yet to ship, there’s likely to be at least a few who don’t follow through with their order for one reason or another. It’s a gamble, and who knows when that last paid Aragorn will even ship (probably when the Legolas influencer batch goes out lol), but an option if you’re boxed into paying the aftermarket price regardless.

At least with Gandalf, Kit did timed releases of the unclaimed extra stock, announced on his Facebook page. Still a lot of Aragorns yet to ship, there’s likely to be at least a few who don’t follow through with their order for one reason or another. It’s a gamble, and who knows when that last paid Aragorn will even ship (probably when the Legolas influencer batch goes out lol), but an option if you’re boxed into paying the aftermarket price regardless.
Yeah, that’s actually how I got Gandalf was one of the later releases through Kit.

Yea once I have mine in hand I'll have to start searching for someone that can follow the steps Ray was kind enough to share with us along with the pictures of his and the prototype to hopefully convey what I would like done. I know it'll cost me but I am OK with that. LOTR being one of my favorite properties and the three hunters along with Gandalf my most wanted characters in 1/6 scale from it, I'm willing to pay what it takes.

If anyone knows any painters they think might fit the bill, please let me know.
I'm in the same boat, please share if you find a painter🙏

I'm in the same boat, please share if you find a painter🙏
Will do friend. I'll get more serious with the search once I have mine in hand. I know I've heard good things about apartment357 and mike yuan. I'd prefer stateside but I think most of the really great commission artist are based out of Asia. I'll keep you and this thread posted.

Back