InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hafta agree to disagree or I'm just fed up with companies leaving it to the consumer to take the risk - or at least until there is a mass backlash. I'll include WETA in that at times, including outright gaslighting folks in cases where clearly a statue has terrible eyes (decals or paint) and it's dismissed as "acceptable variances". TBH saying something feels like it will break just coming out of the box doesn't inspire confidence.😮

The products may be mass produced but if you are going to tout a product as "premium" than 1) have good customer service and 2) have QC in place.
These things are unlicensed in most regions so the majority of us aren’t really in the most optimal position to make demands. Even the most reputable third party/unaffiliated stores like OneSixthKit can only do so much. For that, I’m personally grateful. I think INART has marketed themselves to make the most hyper-real looking figures from a design standpoint and while they do brand themselves as higher end or premium, I think the perception of “premium” is mostly community based. Especially when comparing back to Hot Toys and their toy-ish tendencies in terms of packaging and overall figure-making feel.
Hafta agree to disagree about the QC issues as well. I'll roll with some things - IMO it's part of the hobby by default - but stuff like the Cheerio ring IMO is too much. At least for some, part of the joy of the hobby is minute attention to detail. Blu tac? That's what I'd expect from some 3rd party unlicensed fig, when what did you expect if you bought a cheap KO. To me it telegraphs "we'd rather save a few bucks than implement QC, because most of you won't return your stuff anyway".:nana:
They said they stopped working with that specific factory where the Cheerio rings made it past the assembly line. Blu-tac debacle was literally a small sample size, but you and others make it seem like all of them came like that.. something that can’t even be seen since it was in the back of the head… Nonetheless, can they implement stronger QC control? Of course, and they should. It seems most people don’t return stuff because – again, and I’m a broken record – but most live in unlicensed regions. IMHO, people should do their research and know what they’re signing up for when wanting INART products before finding out the hard way (since personal funds are involved) I guess.
But OK, so that's InArt, at least for now.
This will never end lol

This will never end lol
No. Like I know my new HT Obi-Wan WILL have his Jedi robe and Sideshow will have my back if there's a problem.:newangel

But in 3 years I'll be interested to see how Legolas turned out. If I'm lucky maybe I'll get a reasonable InArt Thorin in 5.

And for those ordering I genuinely hope you all get the Mirkwood bow and quiver.

The actual wait time for Popcultcha to get HT is around 3 months after HK release. Guessing it's similar for Inart but unsure.

Back