InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure just doesn’t seem like a 275% glow up.
I just can't spend 500 on every figure. Nothing there is worth 550 dollars. I am sure the mods will eventually delete negativity but come on...that price is insane!

I'll move onto and keep with my Hot Toys, Asmus, Infinite Statue...I mean infinite Statue released Dracula(Chris Lee) with 3 heads for about 300 dollars.....with great details and tailoring. Rooted hair isn't worth the extra 300 dollars.

The price is more expensive than I hoped for, almost prohibitively so. But I have no Asmus figures, previously sold all my Weta stuff, and I am rebuilding a collection from nothing. Legolas will look great with Aragorn and Gandalf. The prices for this and the Nazgûl both being higher than I hoped have me thinking a little more about my Nazgûl purchase before I commit. I was hoping to get one deluxe and two of the standard, but I need to catch my breath and think twice. A huge expense for sure.

If Inart engages with the community, they know this price is unacceptable...sorry I cannot see many of us paying that price.

It does look nice, but no way it's worth 550...

I'd get sculpted versions of Boromir and Theoden, and I'd get whatever version they'd make of Galadriel.

Before they announced Legolas at this ridiculous price, I would have been in for Frodo, Sam, Gimli, Elrond, Saruman. Maybe it's just the shock at the moment but I don't think I care that much anymore. My Asmus Gimli is absolutely fine if I'm sitting here looking at reasons to keep my Asmus Legolas.

I'll keep an eye out for Daenerys and if they ever make Galadriel but otherwise I'm not supporting InArt at those prices. At some point there has to be a line in the sand, and I think $500 is it. FOMO be damned.

If Inart engages with the community, they know this price is unacceptable...sorry I cannot see many of us paying that price.

It does look nice, but no way it's worth 550...
I’d pay that price only for my top favorite character. I don’t think Legolas has as many die hard fans. Most ppl here just want to complete fellowship and in the end of the day y’all need to ask yourselves if it’s worth it?
For the same price Queen studios revealed incredible Bruce Wayne 1/4 statue today. Idk what InArt is smoking.

As nice as this looks, not sure I’m along for the LOTR ride anymore at this scale with Queen (and JND for that matter) making them in 1/3 scale. ~$550 is getting wild for this scale and that’s coming from someone who has stupidly paid custom figure prices :lol
I’m in the same boat. I was totally planning on ordering both today, but I could get a 1/3 scale for the price of 3 figures. I still haven’t opened Gandalf and am leaning towards selling now. Still waiting on Aragorn from SpecFiction.

Oh, I didn't even realize -- there is no sculpted Legolas.

Maybe that's why the price is jacked? They can't amortize with as many units.

If my Asmus Leggy was as good as my Asmus Gimli, I could easily dismiss this... but my InArt Gandalf and Aragorn demand a certain level of realism now. That old yellow-haired Asmus Legolas just can't cut it.

I know I'm boned and don't like it, but I'll most likely pay the fiddler on this. But I'm definitely passing on the Nazgul now to make up the difference.

I'll wait it out before ordering so soon.

inart legolas 461795558_1072715197630686_126648535030932241_n.jpg

Yeah, I dunno, man... at $550, I would need the Mirkwood accessories, the jerkin to be the correct color, better (any?) weathering all around... I'm not generally picky with my figures, but at that price, I'm gonna be.

Oh, I didn't even realize -- there is no sculpted Legolas.

Maybe that's why the price is jacked? They can't amortize with as many units.

If my Asmus Leggy was as good as my Asmus Gimli, I could easily dismiss this... but my InArt Gandalf and Aragorn demand a certain level of realism now. That old yellow-haired Asmus Legolas just can't cut it.
If they did sculpted version for a reasonable price, I’d get as I got Aragorn with a sculpted hair. They’d also sell more units. If someone tells me sculpted hair wouldn’t work bc of length I’ll slap. Wonderwoman HT did it pretty nicely. They just thought if there would be only one expensive version, they’d make more coin. Not today InArt, not today.

Yeah, I dunno, man... at $550, I would need the Mirkwood accessories, the jerkin to be the correct color, better (any?) weathering all around... I'm not generally picky with my figures, but at that price, I'm gonna be.
At $550, I think I'd need what you mentioned (Mirkwood accessories, correct jerkin, weathering), plus some Helm's Deep armor, a lot more than five arrows, a few pieces of Lembas bread (not just one)...I don't know what else you could even give him but I need a lot more than they're offering for $550 to make sense.

At $550, I think I'd need what you mentioned (Mirkwood accessories, correct jerkin, weathering), plus some Helm's Deep armor, a lot more than five arrows, a few pieces of Lembas bread (not just one)...I don't know what else you could even give him but I need a lot more than they're offering for $550 to make sense.
If nothing else a diorama base or something to soften the blow

If they did sculpted version for a reasonable price, I’d get as I got Aragorn with a sculpted hair. They’d also sell more units. If someone tells me sculpted hair wouldn’t work bc of length I’ll slap.
They'd have to do mixed hair the was Asmus did it with the Helm's Deep Legolas. You wouldn't be able to pose the figure if it were one big sculpted piece.

As good as Legolas looks I’m passing, Aragorn has always been my favorite and he’s already on his way to me. Huge fan of the franchise but so many characters… another one I’ll get will be Arwen if they’ll do her.
P.S. Legolas is overpriced
Passing as well.

I've never had an issue with ASMUS costumes and details, they did a phenomenal job while keeping the cost down (!like Gimlis 5 diecast axes). Only picked up Aragorn because I wanted Ranger Aragorn ( and now I've got a problem).

Anyway I'd already ratcheted back on collecting so am I essentially paying for a better sculpt and maybe some nice details. Weird place to be in a hobby e.g. when do you stop? I'll gamble and get Thorin if he's released but I'm not cash flush enough to pay InArt prices most of the time. And - I don't want to. IMO they are into polystone statue prices for me; who knows what WETA may release $$$$.

Congrats to folks who got their PO.

Back