InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's obvious here...Aragorn was a popular release, so Inart jacked up the price. NOthing to do with braiding, that Chinese worker will get his same 10 cents a day braided or not, the figure is over priced.

Good luck justifying this purchase. 550 just not worth it.

Well, that too haha!

I think it's obvious here...Aragorn was a popular release, so Inart jacked up the price. NOthing to do with braiding, that Chinese worker will get his same 10 cents a day braided or not, the figure is over priced.

Good luck justifying this purchase. 550 just not worth it.
Worth it to me. Don’t need to justify it to anyone else :dunno.

Worth it to me. Don’t need to justify it to anyone else :dunno.
If it's worth it, it's your money. I think it looks fantastic, but that price isn't.

I will stick with Asmus. I was dreaming of an Inart Chris Lee....sold my Asmus. Regretting it now.

My solution is to take that pic of the Inart Legalos head sculpt and place it over my Asmus one...🥴

The price doesn’t surprise me too greatly. If the price starts creeping much above where it is now then I’ll have to seriously rethink this hobby. Or to at least become much more selective and sparing about the ones I buy.

Psychologically, they kind of have me because I gotta have the most realistic figure that’s available. Thankfully I’m not interested in that many. Like from the cost perspective thank goodness I don’t collect Star Wars or MCU. Don’t expect to collect DCU. I would imagine InArt will probably stop making Snyderverse figures when it completes the BvS DC trinity.

But in any case, InArt is delivering a clear step up in quality from Hot Toys. Because I don’t buy a ton of figures these days I can tolerate the higher price.

When a character from a film gets an upgrade by manufacturer other than the figure I own, I sell the old one. Ditto when the figure was basically an impulse buy and once I have it (because my display space is limited and requires rotating figures) I realize I’m not likely to have out of the box much after the initial purchase and display honeymoon. Even if I take a loss on the sale of the figure down the road, I have the pleasure of owning and enjoying it for a massively discounted price. I just sold off 23 figures to pay for a nice vacation my wife and I are taking and I recouped about 2/3 the cost of the figures. That’s an average for the lot of them. So I basically enjoyed the figures for about 1/3 their retail price.

Last edited:
I've (and have many others) been hounding them on all their social media channels about the Mirkwood gear. If you don't hound, you don't get!
I've also actually messaged them directly on Instagram and I STRONGLY advise others to do so!!
I've asked for extra accessories to be added that are missing for the character from FOTR,e.g the bow,and also why the cost has gone up considerably since Aragorn.
The more voices they hear,the more they'll take note.
I've also asked them to reconsider the Ranger Cloak for Aragorn that collectors have missed out on.

I only collect LOTR 1/6th so I'm not having to spend a fortune all year buying random figures from different IP's so it's usually a no brainer for me to commit to anything LOTR however the price is seriously eye watering for what is actually being offered.

I'm buying it as it's a clear enough upgrade on the Asmus versions and on the faith that they'll buckle and include the missing parts. However it goes, I can always sell my original Asmus and put it towards this to recoup some of the outlay.

I've also actually messaged them directly on Instagram and I STRONGLY advise others to do so!!
I've asked for extra accessories to be added that are missing for the character from FOTR,e.g the bow,and also why the cost has gone up considerably since Aragorn.
The more voices they hear,the more they'll take note.
I've also asked them to reconsider the Ranger Cloak for Aragorn that collectors have missed out on.
I did the same. I often send stuff to Hot Toys too.

People are keen to post on forums and Facebook groups but the companies are never gonna see it there, send it to them through their official channels. If enough people speak up they will be more inclined to listen.

I only collect LOTR 1/6th so I'm not having to spend a fortune all year buying random figures from different IP's so it's usually a no brainer for me to commit to anything LOTR however the price is seriously eye watering for what is actually being offered.

I'm buying it as it's a clear enough upgrade on the Asmus versions and on the faith that they'll buckle and include the missing parts. However it goes, I can always sell my original Asmus and put it towards this to recoup some of the outlay.
Is it a 300 dollar difference?

I suspect eventually Asmus will do more 2.0s or 3.0s myself... But yeah, I just didn't see IA being with 300 dollars more, but it's your money.

I spend on dumb things all the time figure wise. If it makes you happy go for it, but I will pushback on IA because price.

I am fortunate that I was very selective in purchasing asmus' LOTR.
Bought Galadriel, Saruman, Arwen (both versions), and Gandalf (crown).
I regret Arwen and Gandalf, but I managed to sell Gandalf and hopefully Arwens as well.

So happy that finally I have Aragorn.. and a brilliant Gandalf, soon Legolas, and I hope the rest of the fellowship from InArt!

Ironically, when I was buying Hot Toys and Asmus figures more or less at will because the prices seemed fairly reasonable I was spending more than I do now, buying InArt for LOTR and Snyderverse and building a collection of customs.

I recently sold off a lot of popular mainstream figures but kept (modified) Constantine and Riddick. I’ve drifted more into kind of offbeat stuff. May end up trying to custom build Rio from One-eyed Jacks, Redmond Barry from Barry Lyndon, Zachry from Cloud Atlas, etc. That’s probably overly ambitious, though. And cost prohibitive. More likely I’ll be looking for third party companies like Soosoo and ThreeZero to make them one day, hopefully. I just mention it to illustrate the point that a beautifully made InArt figure is actually less than what I would pay to commission all the various parts that would be a one of a kind custom built figure—which is what interests me now the most.

Last edited:
I'm considering waiting for the Legolas 2.0 Two Towers version with the armor. You all know its coming in 2 years. I can wait.
I may follow your lead here. There's no way this is worth $101 more than the rooted Aragorn (I paid $465). When I buy a Legolas it'll be the last one I'll ever buy, so I don't want buyer's remorse when a better one comes along - even if it'll be $650 by that time.

I may follow your lead here. There's no way this is worth $101 more than the rooted Aragorn (I paid $465). When I buy a Legolas it'll be the last one I'll ever buy, so I don't want buyer's remorse when a better one comes along - even if it'll be $650 by that time.
There’s most likely always going to be a better version of every figure eventually

Is it a 300 dollar difference?

I suspect eventually Asmus will do more 2.0s or 3.0s myself... But yeah, I just didn't see IA being with 300 dollars more, but it's your money.

I spend on dumb things all the time figure wise. If it makes you happy go for it, but I will pushback on IA because price.
Well that's the eternal dilemma isn't it; what's worth the cost to you vs other people. As I say, I don't spend a fortune all year buying figures so one every year (or two depending on what is coming out) doesn't sting too much.

I do agree the price is ridiculous like and I certainly agree that people should think long and hard before spending money on it.

Ironically, when I was buying Hot Toys and Asmus figures more or less at will because the prices seemed fairly reasonable I was spending more than I do now, buying InArt for LOTR and Snyderverse and building a collection of customs.

I recently sold off a lot of popular mainstream figures but kept (modified) Constantine and Riddick. I’ve drifted more into kind of offbeat stuff. May end up trying to custom build Rio from One-eyed Jacks, Redmond Barry from Barry Lyndon, Zachry from Cloud Atlas, etc. That’s probably overly ambitious, though. And cost prohibitive. More likely I’ll be looking for third party companies like Soosoo and ThreeZero to make them one day, hopefully. I just mention it to illustrate the point that a beautifully made InArt figure is actually less than what I would pay to commission all the various parts of a custom that would be one of a kind—which is what interests me now the most.
I have an unfocused collection.

Originally it was about horror, then hey there's Star wars and loree, then hey customs, then let me get doubles of things I like.... Then there mondo animated series figs...

I have no focus... It's I like I buy it reasonable.

$67 more from Kit. Obviously he's gotta make some profit but I'd imagine at minimum half of that is shipping fees.
$60 for shipping to States if the courier do not increase the cost a year later

I do increased 1% in my formula because CNY raised by 6% just in one freaking week

Worst scenario we won’t lose money

Maybe we can lower the shipping if we ship without extra packaging but i understand collectors love Russian doll especially for such expensive piece :p

I am fortunate that I was very selective in purchasing asmus' LOTR.
Bought Galadriel, Saruman, Arwen (both versions), and Gandalf (crown).
I regret Arwen and Gandalf, but I managed to sell Gandalf and hopefully Arwens as well.

So happy that finally I have Aragorn.. and a brilliant Gandalf, soon Legolas, and I hope the rest of the fellowship from InArt!

Yeah, I’ll be unable to restrain myself from completing a collection of the full Fellowship if InArt does follow through with making all nine of them.

There’s most likely always going to be a better version of every figure eventually
This is true but right now, as good as this looks, it doesn't quite measure up to their Aragorn in terms or both likeness and accessories, so spending an extra $100 on it doesn't compute. I may still cave and order it,

a4afb7c0-9e46-4264-a9c6-b21bb885a02c_text.gif

Yup! Where I’m at with it now is simply be prepared to sell the figure—usually at a loss—when it gets upgraded. But even if you get beat bad on it and sell it for, say, 50% what it cost you, you still owned and enjoyed the figure for half the retail price.

Yup! Where I’m at with it now is simply be prepared to sell the figure—usually at a loss—when it gets upgraded. But even if you get beat bad on it and sell it for, say, 50% what it cost you, you still owned and enjoyed the figure for half the retail price.
It’s like buying a video game console. I know in a few years I’m gonna need to upgrade. I’ll sell the PS5 for less than what I paid for it and put those funds towards the PS6.

Back