Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a ridiculous situation.. I am really afraid i am getting a bad one!
It looks like they hold all the returns for a while and now they are sending the same ones to different people hoping they will not complain and they will keep the piece. A lot of international buyers like from Brazil pay 100% of taxes over Product Price + Shipping when importing from SideShow directly and most likelly they keep their defectíve piece and just get a local artist to work on it.
Everyone that returned a piece to SideShow should share the statue edition number. That way w could know if we are getting the same crap piece.

Heres mine:
DSC_0001.jpg

".....that why i always check before i buy".

Me too. It's lazy customer service.

I remember this one time I went to a convention and asked the dealer if I could inspect the piece before buying (the Canale Super Skrull bust). He assured me it had no problems. I insisted. We opened it. It was broken. He tried to look all surprised. We then inspected a second one. It was fine so I bought it (at 33% retail). He then put the damaged one back on his shelf to sell. Sleazeball.

This is a ridiculous situation.. I am really afraid i am getting a bad one!
It looks like they hold all the returns for a while and now they are sending the same ones to different people hoping they will not complain and they will keep the piece. A lot of international buyers like from Brazil pay 100% of taxes over Product Price + Shipping when importing from SideShow directly and most likelly they keep their defectíve piece and just get a local artist to work on it.
Everyone that returned a piece to SideShow should share the statue edition number. That way w could know if we are getting the same crap piece.

Just got mine and I can confirm this was someone elses return. The shipping box had brown tape covering the previous owners label (address) The brown box and color box has been beat to hell. Upon opening it there was no cushon paper wrapped around my Iron man (it was free to rub against the foam container), there was 4 tiny strips of cushon paper that was a poor attempt to cover the base.

The chin seemed to be better than my first (not by much), although you can clearly see the brush strokes. The knee has a rub from shipping. I wrote Mike Tolentino over at sideshow a respectful email explaining these problems, I will keep you posted on what his reply will be.

I have asked for a new one. A REAL NEW ONE. Although they probly replaced these sent back boxes with a REFURBISHED Iron man statue, You cant help but feel you are buying used crap. for $500 It should have had the factory fresh look and feel when opening it. Instead you get the feeling you just bought this off of ebay and its a used piece.

THE TRUTH:
The 2nd batch was obviously repaired and not fresh casts. If they were fresh casts new boxes and cushion paper would have been provided. Shame on You Sideshow for Screwing your Loyal Customers.

While others settle saying "Thats probly the best I will get", I dont settle for half a$$ statues, when spending my hard earned money with Sideshow. Everyone should get what they paid for, especially at $500. I would rather do without a flawed statue, There is always something better down the road.

A refurbished Iron Man is worth $250.00 at best.

I'm curious why you think the returned ones with paint flaws could not be repaired in house? Why would they lose value?

I'm curious why you think the returned ones with paint flaws could not be repaired in house? Why would they lose value?

Sure they could have been repaired in house, But they would have probly sent them out as they repaired them instead of all at once. But regardless, these dont seem to be much better than the returned ones. You should at least get it packed as if it were new. The whole replacement of these is very unprofessional. Just my opinion.

Just got the light feature to work with batteries by stretching the springs to increase the contact with the battery.

I was lucky, mine was new and everything works e.i. lights...and the paint job (chin,helmet etc.. is 90% good )

So I'm good.

Sideshow actually does this a lot with their distributors. The distributor orders the product but it actually direct ships from SS to the customer. First guy, Joeprox, buys it from Action Figure Express, it direct shipped from SS. He returned it to SS because of hole in hand. Sideshow failed to fix the problem, the 2nd guy (jye318) goes to Secret Compass (Another distributor) orders one and it was likely shipped from SS directly. Failure to fix it falls squarely on SS.

this is 100% correct. happened to me with another item.

Just picked up second one from local store and they said it was from the second batch and now there is a scratch between the eyes. Return it, they will not refund me but give me store credit so i have no choice to pick up Thanos dio. Total BS

which store? I will make sure to never deal with them...

I am optimistic that my replacement will arrive perfect...I am optimistic that my replacement will arrive perfect...I am optimistic that my replacement will arrive perfect...

...and if it doesn't, it will go back over-and-over until I either get my money back or get a perfect replacement.

Shame on you SideShow!!! I am getting my 2 IM this afternoon. If they have flaws they are going back or being destroyed.

This is what he told me,

Hi Ryan,
I don't think Sideshow would put the same defective item into a box and ship it. _The base is what's numbered but the figure is not numbered, they may have replaced the figure on this. _let me check. _Please don't be angry with us, we are Authorized Sideshow Dealers and we will fix the problem, please be patient with us.

thanks
-shane
Secret Compass Team

Thanks for that pic, Bullseye. I've got the same crew you have (well, Green Hulk instead of Gray), and was wondering how the 2 Iron Men would look relative to the others. I'm still tempted by this guy, but the cost and ridiculous QC issues are making me think twice. Maybe best just to stick with my classic Comiquette.

Thanks for that pic, Bullseye. I've got the same crew you have (well, Green Hulk instead of Gray), and was wondering how the 2 Iron Men would look relative to the others. I'm still tempted by this guy, but the cost and ridiculous QC issues are making me think twice. Maybe best just to stick with my classic Comiquette.

Cheers mate. I have the green Hulk also but I display him next to the Thing PF. If you can get this new IM maquette that's acceptable to your standards you will be very happy.

Back