Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just had a quick look at my 2nd IM now, after I got back from work and this one has a defect already that I can see. The light in the chest is not lighting up properly, I mean the whole triangular piece is very dim then at the very bottom of the triangle there is a VERY BRIGHT light, which is obviously the LED which should be in the centre of the triangle and the only reason I know that is because I had to destroy my 1st IM due to problems!! and that was where the LED was placed (glued in) so I am assuming the wiring with the LED has come right through and settled at the bottom of the triangle, and there is no way of getting to it to try and rectify that with out cutting out the lens etc. I tried taking photos of the problem but my camera lens is crap and it wont focus on the problem area properly and the pics come out looking alright. :gah: oh and the batteries dont light up IM, It does with the adapter though :dunno

....I have not checked the paint issues yet either so far because it is obviously night time now and the lighting is atrocious right now so will check during daylight hours when I next have the chance and will try to get photos as well.

Sideshow is really messing up with us.
I received my 2 IM Exs today. One is mine and the second one my wife got as a christmas gift to her brother. Both of them defective!!!! :( :( :(

First one. Light up feature does not work properly and has painting issues.

DSC02250-1.jpg

DSC02251-1.jpg

DSC02252-1.jpg

DSC02253-1.jpg

DSC02254-1.jpg

DSC02257-1.jpg

I have no Fvck1ng words to explain how pissed i am!!!! :mad: :mad: :gah:

That's no "battle damage" just piss poor job from SideShow,now go ahead and make a youtube of you breaking them both.Unacceptable coming from a 2nd batch.You got them from SideShow or a retailer ?

That's no "battle damage" just piss poor job from SideShow,now go ahead and make a youtube of you breaking them both.Unacceptable coming from a 2nd batch.You got them from SideShow or a retailer ?

while i agree, i can see ssc saying this is the battle damaged that they are going for and won't do anything for ya other than take it back at your expense

Same feelin here, I am thinking, are they don't give ____ about the job they replacement or they don't know how to paint? This is a $500 statues , why take it so stupid easy? Very pissed #2 !!

I noticed these are starting to show back up in retailers inventories. With all of the QC issues, high ES, and price tag I think this thing will be available for a long time. The only thing that sideshow has going for it is that half of them must be destroyed due to poor quality. So the ES might actually end up being under 100 when it is all said and done. Sorry for all of your issues, but I am so glad I passed on this nightmare.

well i just got my first one, after cancelling the first time around and i have to say i'm about 90% happy with this one.
with the only point coming off for the excessive silver paint scuffs that are all over the piece on the edges of the red armour, almost looks like they're trying to cover up more damaged area :lol

other than that the only point of contention i have is on the back of mine there is some very slight scratches on his upper left back plates. i don't even know if i'll even contact ssc about this as i don't think i'll be getting a better one.
also i can see some very faint sanding marks on the mask and head that appears to me as someones repaired this one. though the marks are only visible under the reflection of light, so i'm good with mine.

I noticed these are starting to show back up in retailers inventories. With all of the QC issues, high ES, and price tag I think this thing will be available for a long time. The only thing that sideshow has going for it is that half of them must be destroyed due to poor quality. So the ES might actually end up being under 100 when it is all said and done. Sorry for all of your issues, but I am so glad I passed on this nightmare.

I've slowly warmed to this piece. However, I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger, even at a discount, due to all the issues discovered. I could never buy this from a dealer because most don't care whether you're happy or not, so it would have to be Sideshow or nothing. However, this piece, imo, is still $200 more than it should be, legacy or not.

well i just got my first one, after cancelling the first time around and i have to say i'm about 90% happy with this one.
with the only point coming off for the excessive silver paint scuffs that are all over the piece on the edges of the red armour, almost looks like they're trying to cover up more damaged area :lol

other than that the only point of contention i have is on the back of mine there is some very slight scratches on his upper left back plates. i don't even know if i'll even contact ssc about this as i don't think i'll be getting a better one.
also i can see some very faint sanding marks on the mask and head that appears to me as someones repaired this one. though the marks are only visible under the reflection of light, so i'm good with mine.

Me too the back of the neck there is small scratch and same issue on the mask. and the light on left hand is a bit off (not center) the worst thing of this is the 3rd replacement. and i really feel bad about jye318 that's the first statue that i got directly from Sideshow.

Me too the back of the neck there is small scratch and same issue on the mask. and the light on left hand is a bit off (not center) the worst thing of this is the 3rd replacement. and i really feel bad about jye318 that's the first statue that i got directly from Sideshow.

i think that anyone saying they've got a mint one just hasn't looked close enough, and i think ssc has done the wear and tear version precisely for that reason.

perfection and IM products do not go hand in hand.:lecture

I've slowly warmed to this piece. However, I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger, even at a discount, due to all the issues discovered. I could never buy this from a dealer because most don't care whether you're happy or not, so it would have to be Sideshow or nothing. However, this piece, imo, is still $200 more than it should be, legacy or not.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back