Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while i agree, i can see ssc saying this is the battle damaged that they are going for and won't do anything for ya other than take it back at your expense

They cannot say that as I have two of them and they have different problems. What about the light up problem? are they gonna say it is also battle damaged.

I just think this hole situation is so disrespectiful with us collectors! I feel like they are spitting on our faces! 2nd batch my butt!
They are just sending the 1st batch again to different people and hoping thhey won`t complain and return them. :(

They cannot say that as I have two of them and they have different problems. What about the light up problem? are they gonna say it is also battle damaged.

I just think this hole situation is so disrespectiful with us collectors! I feel like they are spitting on our faces! 2nd batch my butt!
They are just sending the 1st batch again to different people and hoping thhey won`t complain and return them. :(

Well I got mine and the lights work (Battery & Power cord),no scratch besides the "battle damage" and the chin is 95% good and this is my 1st one had it on Flexpay, not a replacement.I guess I luck out or something.You can ask SideShow to inspect you replacements before ships to you.

so i guess ss isn't offering the ex anymore...just checked today and it's back to the wait list. they're probably checking to make sure the 3rd batch (or whatever they're on) is better to avoid any issues

so i guess ss isn't offering the ex anymore...just checked today and it's back to the wait list. they're probably checking to make sure the 3rd batch (or whatever they're on) is better to avoid any issues

Phew I must have gotten the last one. Just placed my order earlier today. I hope it's not all jacked up. Already had a problem with one ordered through Ebay. Luckily that store was willing to return it. Then I ordered from SS so they can deal with it if its bad.

As we can all see there are some issues with these statues and many should be returned. That being said, I also think that some people are expecting perfection from a HAND painted item. This isn't a completely mass produced item made by a robot. And sometimes I find the argument, "for $500.00 it should be perfect!" a little silly. I am in real estate, primarily new construction. Have you ever looked at all the flaws in the construction of your home? And that's just the stuff you see. Homes are a product largely "hand made". Our homes cost 100's of thousands.

I really am not defending SS on this piece because I had to return one because of a 1/4" hole in the top of the base and lights that didn't work with batteries. I am just saying in general, hand painted items won't be completely flawless and if we expect completely perfect, completely hand made statues we would likely pay much more then we do.

Last edited:
Mine isn't 100% perfect and I don't think none of them will be. The chin doesn't have any brush marks this time around, but it is around 95% perfect. I have no scatches that I can see at this time and it lights with batteries/power cord. It does have very few slight paint issues though. With a little gold paint ran into the red and the black paint ran into the the red. Very small, but kind of annoying. Just minor compared to the other one I received back in Aug. or Sept., can't remember. I will most likely be keeping this one, but will take a couple of days to see if it is still bothering me. Oh, the nameplate has a paint defect on it as well.

Wow, so much hate.

I got mine yesterday and have to say, this replacement is miles better than the first.

Onto the pictures :)

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02254.jpg

Nice shots. Man, this piece is just really really good. I know there have been issues but man it looks sharp.

Got mine yesterday. It's going back today. Ill keep returning this till I either get a bad ass one or until I get a full refund. For $500 plus I won't accept anything other than perfection or at least pretty damn close to it. Hopefully it wont come to that because this statue is great looking.
On another note the exclusive is lame. Normally I'm all for the Ex. but the puny Iron Man 2 sign is pathetic.

I would prefer that to a lame-o print. This trend with exclusives is a mixed blessing for me, though, since I can (and do) order elsewhere for less when there is no real reason to go with the Ex. directly from Sideshow.

Got mine yesterday. It's going back today. Ill keep returning this till I either get a bad ass one or until I get a full refund. For $500 plus I won't accept anything other than perfection or at least pretty damn close to it. Hopefully it wont come to that because this statue is great looking.
On another note the exclusive is lame. Normally I'm all for the Ex. but the puny Iron Man 2 sign is pathetic.

Oh man that sucks,is your 1st or 2nd replacement ? I've heard that SideShow won't pass 3 exchanges.Don't know !!! Does anyone knows ?

more posts about replacements than posts with pictures, yikes! For $500, there aren't too many posts in this thread that report satisfied customers :panic:.

Back