Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so here are the pictures of the box of the Iron Man Mark VI I recieved from an order placed DIRECTLY from Sideshows website. I don't currently have a photobucket account so hopefully these attachments work. You will notice the box is rather beat up. The marker written on the top has a date of 8/27 which I'm guessing was written on there when the person sent it back or when SS recieved it. I don't really know but mine wasn't ordered until 12/21/2010. You can clearly see where the old shipping label was cut off the box using a box cutter and a new label was placed over it. Also note the shipping address on the label...direct from SS

As a side note this was the 2nd Iron Man I recieved. The first I orderd through a dealer and the base had a 1/4" hole in the top and the lights didn't work.

Dude that would tick me off so bad, SS wouldnt hear the end of it from me. Sending a replacment thats someone elses return. I would send it back for a refund. First I would smash the statue to pieces then take a crap on it...then send it back :hi5:

Chris

Dude that would tick me off so bad, SS wouldnt hear the end of it from me. Sending a replacment thats someone elses return. I would send it back for a refund. First I would smash the statue to pieces then take a crap on it...then send it back :hi5:

Chris

but you wouldnt get your money back.............you know they will want to look at it so they can see if it can sent back out again. I thought it was common knowledge that SS will recycle any item if they think they can get away with it.

but you wouldnt get your money back.............you know they will want to look at it so they can see if it can sent back out again. I thought it was common knowledge that SS will recycle any item if they think they can get away with it.

Of course I know that, but dont you think news like that would make it around the SS buidling in no time. Then people working there may start saying to themselves....hey...if people are willing to give up $500 just to send back an empty box with human feces in it. Then maybe out QC really is starting to slide :lol

Chris

Now I've managed to bag myself a good one I can finally appreciate what a fantastic piece it is

Headshot.jpg

Mid.jpg

Front.jpg

Full.jpg

Congrats, that's the best one I've seen by far.

Sadly though, it's also a reminder of how poor SS's quality control has been on this because they ALL should look like that. The reality is that probably less than 1 in a 100 is of that quality, with the rest of us having to put up with shoddy paint or forego owning the piece at all. It's got to be bad news when a fault-free example is held to be something remarkable.

What is crazy about this piece is the EX is back in stock on Sideshows Website for the 3rd time! I know the last time I ordered one and I got the box that had been returned. Good luck to anyone that orders now thinking they will get a new one.

I just received my replacement piece and I'm not sure if I want to bother getting a replacement... again. There are no brush marks on the chin area, but the chin is not defined and it slants downward toward the left shoulder. It's nothing like Dug's piece (best one I've seen so far as well). The black on the hands also bleed through to the silver circle.

I'll post pictures up and get everyone's feedback because I really am on the fence... I feel like I'm settling with the piece and I don't like it.

Got mine in this morning #163 out of 2000. Chin was fine, lights working. But i can definitely see this is someone else return. Looks like a shipping label was cut off before outside the brown box. What really surprised me was the package is incredibly small compare to others. Overall, this one is acceptable.

11012011329Large.jpg

11012011330Large.jpg

11012011334Large.jpg

11012011335Large.jpg

11012011336Large.jpg

11012011337Large.jpg

11012011333Large.jpg

11012011339Large.jpg

11012011331Large.jpg

11012011338Large.jpg

What's up with the "regifting" lately????

Why can't Sideshow just ship it in a brand-new shipping container, especially for the price? That really bothers me, and makes me weary of my future replacements from them.

Thats what I thought plus it looks like it says CO on that label. Sideshow is in Cali which is CA.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/e-JHfXVlkik?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/e-JHfXVlkik?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/e-JHfXVlkik?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/e-JHfXVlkik?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

I liked that show as a kid. :lol

Got mine in this morning #163 out of 2000. Chin was fine, lights working. But i can definitely see this is someone else return. Looks like a shipping label was cut off before outside the brown box. What really surprised me was the package is incredibly small compare to others. Overall, this one is acceptable.

11012011336Large.jpg

Not to burst your bubble but if this was returned I can see why. The upper part of the mouth is crooked. I would return that. :panic:

That piece wasn't shipped by SS. Never have gotten anything from SS shipped USPS and not with that kind of shipping tape. Plus you can see it says CO instead of CA. That came from a secondary seller look at the price and the name of the shipper is Shane Cooper (the shipper name on stuff from Sideshow is not Shane).

Edit: I know many will discount me cause I'm a supposed "apologist" or whatever but I do not believe at all SS ships returns unless its someone getting something that they just decided after seeing it in person they didnt like.

Back