Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's an absolute joke the way people keep buying crap from sideshow. I bought the maquette and opened it on Xmas day. I was mortified by the shocking paint work. This is a £600 statue for christs sakes. How can you guys continue to want to do business with them when you know that there is every chance you'll get a pathetically painted statue. What adds insult to injury is the fact that they refuse to accept that they have a real problem with their products. Never again my friends, never!

I think it's an absolute joke the way people keep buying crap from sideshow. I bought the maquette and opened it on Xmas day. I was mortified by the shocking paint work. This is a £600 statue for christs sakes. How can you guys continue to want to do business with them when you know that there is every chance you'll get a pathetically painted statue. What adds insult to injury is the fact that they refuse to accept that they have a real problem with their products. Never again my friends, never!

What do you mean they won't exchange yours ?

This message is hidden because Skiman is on your ignore list.:hi5: Stop wasting time dude...:lol

I love Webb he is my special brother, I HULK'd out on him one night and this is the result.

He will remain this way for the rest of his years, sorry folks.

What do you mean they won't exchange yours ?

Sorry my bad; I'm returning it for a refund but from reading other peoples experiences on here it's not just happening to me and when you contact them they play dumb, like no one else has ever complained. I know there will be many of you who disagree but it's so poor for such a company

Ok I got my replacement today, let's see if anything wrong, I wish everything is fine so I don't need to play waitting game!

Here is a picture of my replacement I got a few weeks ago, his chin is perfect and all paint apps are smooth. There is a TINY bit of paint missing from his mouth, but I can very easily fix that.
126.jpg

My replacement arrived yesterday. Finally worked up the courage to open it up and was rewarded with awesomeness.
Only three months late, but this one is a keeper.

I think I will keep this one, the chin still bad, but I am sick tired of waiting game, the line on the leg sucks, very hard to put him down to the base, but I am keeping this one since the chin is batter the other one I have.

Finally opened mine. As soon as I opened the styrofoam, I noticed a chip on his left index finger. Got him setup and lights work good, so I gave him a good look over. I'm still not satisfied.

on the back of his helmet, there is another paint chip that has been covered with battle damage paint it would seem. In several areas (abdomen, back), there are grayish finger prints that sort of stand out. I tried to rub them off with a soft cloth and some water, but they wont come off.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but at this price point, I expect the best.

My dilemma is that I used about ~$250 in reward points, and if I try to get a refund, I don't think I'll get my reward point back. I'd be happy if I could just return it, and apply that credit towards the black panther PF, which seems to be great piece.

I may try calling and see what can be done. Let me see if I can get some pics up.

I don't know, someone tell me, am I being too picky? Keep in mind that these photos are really zoomed in and using the flash, but I don't seem to have these many problems with my other SS items, including the original IM comiquette or SIM comiquette.

IMG_3293Custom.jpg

IMG_3288Custom.jpg

IMG_3290Custom.jpg

IMG_3291Custom.jpg

IMG_3283Custom.jpg

IMG_3284Custom.jpg

IMG_3287Custom.jpg

Back