Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11012011336Large.jpg

Dude how is that "acceptable" to you?....did you pay 500 quarters for this or $500?

That faceplate and chin look horrible! ether your blind or have very low standards. If SS sent you someone elses replacment I would call them and scream in their ears till they go def or bleed! :slap

Chris

Last edited:
11012011336Large.jpg

Dude how is that "acceptable" to you?....did you pay 500 quarters for this or $500?

That faceplate and chin look horrible! ether your blind or have very low standards. If SS sent you someone elses replacment I would call them and scream in their ears till they go def or bleed! :slap

Chris

Look at the shipping notice you can see he clearly didn't. :lol He bought that from a secondary seller.

I would ask for my money back or a replacement. I wonder how many out of 2000 plus statues are actually in decent shape?!?

Well, here are some photos of my replacement. What do you guys think? Should I bother with a replacement? I'm not expecting perfection, but I really want the face to look right...

The chin doesn't have the brush strokes like before, but the black paint is crooked and it leans to the left shoulder. The hands seem to be just as bad as the first one I had.

5345617730_21e284ee7b.jpg

5345617804_b83830922b.jpg

5345617880_3b0542b8c6.jpg

5345006049_d5d72999b7.jpg

5345005939_3aefef10a8.jpg

Sorry, but it's just not up to SS standards. This should have never have been sold, and especially not at nearly twice the price point.

I ordered this from secret compass. So its shipped to them then to me.

That piece wasn't shipped by SS. Never have gotten anything from SS shipped USPS and not with that kind of shipping tape. Plus you can see it says CO instead of CA. That came from a secondary seller look at the price and the name of the shipper is Shane Cooper (the shipper name on stuff from Sideshow is not Shane).

Edit: I know many will discount me cause I'm a supposed "apologist" or whatever but I do not believe at all SS ships returns unless its someone getting something that they just decided after seeing it in person they didnt like.

I didnt really noticed it until you guys point it out. I got it 8am in the morning take a quick look and snap some pics then i am off straight to work. Don't know what to do with it since i order this from secret compass not directly from Sideshow. Might ask for a replacement or refund if possible :(
I have over 30 sideshow pieces i believed this is the worse of the bunch. Quality control my a$$ SS :monkey1

11012011336Large.jpg

Chris

I have to destroy mine to get a replacement. I will be doing it tonight.
I am really scared that i will be getting a worse piece than what I have in hands now. The odds are not on my side but I am not gonna settle for a not near perfect piece at this price range.
Let Optimus Prime come now!For $1200 it s better be a freaking perfect automotive painting job.

People on here will never learn. Sideshow cannot produce an Iron Man statue without flaws. It's happened to every single one. Anyone who has ordered optimus prime is either mental or just too rich.

People on here will never learn. Sideshow cannot produce an Iron Man statue without flaws. It's happened to every single one. Anyone who has ordered optimus prime is either mental or just too rich.

So i am just mental! If anything happens with my Optimus I will get some nail polisher with my wife to touch it up. :)

I have heard people say sideshow only let the china worker inspect the statues, when they ship here, they don't do QC any more! That is really bad way for their customers!!

Stop buying their products for a while! I just don't understand how some people think it's acceptable and then touch up/correct the statues themselves. Once sideshow realise, they may do something about it. Do they not read these forums? This is a £600-700 piece ($1000) RR for christs sakes!

I just don't understand how some people think it's acceptable and then touch up/correct the statues themselves.

I agree. At this price point, the consumer shouldn't have to touch up the product so it looks as advertised. Unfortunately, SS is in a market where people DISPLAY their products and visual blemishes shouldn't be able to pass their "QC".

Back