Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't. There's waaaaaaaaay too much crap they offered in the SW line without getting to gaping holes that should've been released when they started. Plus, the stuff they're putting out now makes their older stuff look not too good. :monkey1

True but I hope they don't stop before they have the chance to make some more really great characters.:D

True but I hope they don't stop before they have the chance to make some more really great characters.:D

At this point I think sideshow has one guy in a broom closet working on the Joe line. Evil and ski have put out more top notch Joe characters then sideshow has!

I can't complain much if they put out strong offerings like they have, but I can't lie and say theres not a metric **** ton of figures that I'd like to have before I'm old and grey. :rotfl

I am just really hoping all goes well with the Baroness production and we see a Scarlett. I feel thats what is really missing in my Joes atm, after that I have a long list of "wants" ,

we are suppose to get another reveal before year ends out

rumored to be Snowjob (of course Snow Serpent not far behind)

I don't. There's waaaaaaaaay too much crap they offered in the SW line without getting to gaping holes that should've been released when they started. Plus, the stuff they're putting out now makes their older stuff look not too good. :monkey1

All of the too much crap they've released lately has been some of the best 1:6 work they've ever done. If they'd attended to the gaping holes back when their figures weren't so good, then the most important characters would have crappy figures (ANH/ESB Luke, ANH/ESB Han, ANH Leia), which they did, and which is why Hot Toys is now revisiting them.

This line could only dream of having as many releases.

All of the too much crap they've released lately has been some of the best 1:6 work they've ever done. If they'd attended to the gaping holes back when their figures weren't so good, then the most important characters would have crappy figures (ANH/ESB Luke, ANH/ESB Han, ANH Leia), which they did, and which is why Hot Toys is now revisiting them.

This line could only dream of having as many releases.

Narrow perspective. Case in point, the Ep. 1 Obi they're releasing now, looks completely out of place with the Qui Gon and Darth Maul they released when the line first started. When they finally get around to releasing Dooku and Tarkin, they will heavily date the figures they're meant to go with. While the sheep will buy anything and continually drop cash to update like mindless drones, it leaves the faithful collectors who've been there since the beginning holding their balls with a highly mismatched collection. It's a pretty ****ed up business practice.

... and HT =/= Sideshow

we are suppose to get another reveal before year ends out

rumored to be Snowjob (of course Snow Serpent not far behind)

Snowjob low on my list but the snow serpent that was yalked about should be epic and os one of my favorite cobra characters. They would look great with my firefly ;)

Narrow perspective. Case in point, the Ep. 1 Obi they're releasing now, looks completely out of place with the Qui Gon and Darth Maul they released when the line first started. When they finally get around to releasing Dooku and Tarkin, they will heavily date the figures they're meant to go with. While the sheep will buy anything and continually drop cash to update like mindless drones, it leaves the faithful collectors who've been there since the beginning holding their balls with a highly mismatched collection. It's a pretty ****ed up business practice.

... and HT =/= Sideshow

Mangled perspective.

They should keep their standards at the 2005 levels? I didn't hear anyone complaining about how awesome Lando looked compared to Bespin Han. I'm pretty sure they were wishing that they had a good Han and Luke to go with him.

:lol @ mindless drones...

I guess its a good thing Sideshow's Joe line is dead, I would hate for them to release another, say, Duke sculpt that made the old one look dated.

I'm all for dolls never improving!

Indeed.

I'm glad Rock n Roll's portrait is the same quality as Duke's. It would suck if one figure on my shelf looked better than another.

Personally, I'm hoping the Tarkin figure looks as bad as the Piett figure did. I'm not some mindless drone. :nono

I just noticed my tusken raider is better than my figures from 7 years ago :panic:

Gonna throw it in the trash. I'm not some mindless drone.

Me too. We'll show them what we think of their fancy new figures.

Revolucion!!!!!!!
picture.php

Mangled perspective.

They should keep their standards at the 2005 levels? I didn't hear anyone complaining about how awesome Lando looked compared to Bespin Han. I'm pretty sure they were wishing that they had a good Han and Luke to go with him.

:lol @ mindless drones...

Surprised you went with the troll aspect of the post. That wasn't the implication and I'd figured you intelligent enough to understand. But... you pulled an IronLungs/Fuzzyjunks. Guess you're overtired again? :lol

Just in case I overestimated your ability there, it's not about updating, it's about releasing clusters of characters that actually match and are meant to be displayed together (I already provided examples). Novel concept, I know. But this way, as they make improvements from release to release, there's some consistency in the display vs. a single figure meant to be displayed with others exposing them as horribly outdated. But I'm hoping you knew that already.

Back