Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I like the "blue" Baroness more than the first release. If I had bought the first one, I'd be pissed at SS for not letting us know the reprint was coming.

But, I just want more 1:6ers...... Get on it. (Please?)

Oh, and those DC figures they're putting all this alleged work into at the expense of the other lines? Man, they are SO disappointing... not even close to definitive.... not interested in any of 'em. So disheartening when they've done such a great job with the Joe line.

Perhaps . . . the JOE collectors/fan base does not carry or hold much "say so" with Sideshow and/or the JOE license itself does not hold much weight (i.e. $) in comparison to other active licenses by SIDESHOW? Maybe it did once, but not so much anymore?

Perhaps . . . the JOE collectors/fan base does not carry or hold much "say so" with Sideshow and/or the JOE license itself does not hold much weight (i.e. $) in comparison to other active licenses by SIDESHOW? Maybe it did once, but not so much anymore?

I'd say that is possible

example-Zartan is an amazing piece,one of their best 12" figures,though it has not come close to even selling out (and 2,500-750 pieces is not really alot made in the grand scheme of toys)...especially vs Snake Eyes w/timber's 5,000/1,000 pieces made...

Is the line going stale? less collector interest in the GI Joe brand??

Sideshow could easily come in here and calm the storm,but they havn't and seems like they won't, which I think the future looks dim for the line overall...

I almost bet that they will knock out a couple more heavy hitters (Destro,CC,scarlet and Roadblock) and call it a day....so much character potential in this line,but not enough buyers

I'd say that is possible

example-Zartan is an amazing piece,one of their best 12" figures,though it has not come close to even selling out (and 2,500-750 pieces is not really alot made in the grand scheme of toys)...especially vs Snake Eyes w/timber's 5,000/1,000 pieces made...

Is the line going stale? less collector interest in the GI Joe brand??

Sideshow could easily come in here and calm the storm,but they havn't and seems like they won't, which I think the future looks dim for the line overall...

I almost bet that they will knock out a couple more heavy hitters (Destro,CC,scarlet and Roadblock) and call it a day....so much character potential in this line,but not enough buyers

I'd say those are a overzealous edition sizes. I think they forgot the majority of Joe collectors scoff it if it's not made by Hasbro and whine if it costs more than $30. :lol

I just wanted to post something with a few random worked bolded.

Cool beans!

Really hoping we see some new figures this year. I don't recall when they announced some of the last figures but what was the lead time on pre-purchase and release dates? I find Bludd coming out 5-6 months from posting was a bit dragged.

I'd say those are a overzealous edition sizes. I think they forgot the majority of Joe collectors scoff it if it's not made by Hasbro and whine if it costs more than $30. :lol

I can't stand these kind of (cheap) people....Hasbro makes mostly sh$t in 1/6 scale,and if you want quality,then you are going to have to pay

Well, the difference between $130 most joes were price at and the 180 or whatever the dc figs will be priced at probably is one reason they are slowing down on this line. While ssc isn't as bad as hot toys, I think they get bored of a license after a while. Shame they can't focus on more lines at once. I think they think most of their customers want to move on as we'll. part of their problem is they cater tote same select people with all their lines instead of trying to find different clients for different lines. Case in point the Disney lines, did they ever try to appeal to old Disney fans who never even heard of ssc? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Well, the difference between $130 most joes were price at and the 180 or whatever the dc figs will be priced at probably is one reason they are slowing down on this line. While ssc isn't as bad as hot toys, I think they get bored of a license after a while. Shame they can't focus on more lines at once. I think they think most of their customers want to move on as we'll. part of their problem is they cater tote same select people with all their lines instead of trying to find different clients for different lines. Case in point the Disney lines, did they ever try to appeal to old Disney fans who never even heard of ssc? I doubt it.

With the so MANY characters available from ARAH,How in the world could Sideshow ever get bored?? they have only touched the surface of the diverse characters available in the GI Joe Brand...

I do think price is definitely going to be a battle from here on out..Collecting is definitely expensive anymore

If $180 is the target for the DC line, that's not much difference from the $175 the Joe line is currently at. :lol

The difference though is that every fan boy will be uying the major DC items at $180 while just a relative few wants to buy obscure Joes at the same price. Once DC gets to obscure characters we'll see the huge slow down for them too, by then prices will be $220.

The difference though is that every fan boy will be uying the major DC items at $180 while just a relative few wants to buy obscure Joes at the same price. Once DC gets to obscure characters we'll see the huge slow down for them too, by then prices will be $220.

Joes before ho's, bro. :wave

they told me on facebook that we should start seeing some figures very soon

b0161658a3af1e9eb0b24a0d0958d3a2.jpg

Back