Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you blame them for potentially ditching the Joe line, when products like Bigfoot and Duke Nukem statues are so much more desirable to collectors?

Last edited:
Do you blame them for potentially ditching the Joe line, when products like Bigfoot and Duke Nukem statues are so much more desirable to collectors?

don't understand the appeal for something that stands there and does NOTHING! again,people paying $400 for something that does NOTHING!

don't understand the appeal for something that stands there and does NOTHING! again,people paying $400 for something that does NOTHING!

That's not true, judging by how statue elitists post, you'd think it gives them a bigger peepee... or compensates for a low IQ. :lol

I think KD is onto something, think SS is feeling the financial pinch and no longer has the funds to invest in these minimal profit figures. They are better off with the safe bet 400$ statues which collectors still eat up. Look at Baroness, whats the cost to change the paint scheme probably zilch, but if they sell another 100 units that 40K in the bank.

I think KD is onto something, think SS is feeling the financial pinch and no longer has the funds to invest in these minimal profit figures. They are better off with the safe bet 400$ statues which collectors still eat up. Look at Baroness, whats the cost to change the paint scheme probably zilch, but if they sell another 100 units that 40K in the bank.

I wouldn't call them minimal profit figures. Most of the releases have reused parts from other releases.

Constant rising prices drives off buyers. They decrease production runs which causes them to increase prices again. Vicious circle. Thats part of the reason you'll see them focus on DC.

They'll be able to price these figures at the current "going rate" but because the line is new and all the rage they'll produce them at higher levels than Joe.

Once the fad dies down, as it did with Joe, then SSC will have to raise prices on the DC items again and you'll see the same cycle we've seen with Joe, LOTR, Indy, etc where despite mark ups and margins being the highest they've even been for that line, the quantity being sold isn't enough to make releasing figures intriguing.

Constant rising prices drives off buyers. They decrease production runs which causes them to increase prices again. Vicious circle. Thats part of the reason you'll see them focus on DC.

They'll be able to price these figures at the current "going rate" but because the line is new and all the rage they'll produce them at higher levels than Joe.

Once the fad dies down, as it did with Joe, then SSC will have to raise prices on the DC items again and you'll see the same cycle we've seen with Joe, LOTR, Indy, etc where despite mark ups and margins being the highest they've even been for that line, the quantity being sold isn't enough to make releasing figures intriguing.

I think it's all about the profit margin. I don't see how Zartan or Major Bludd would be $40 more expensive than a Rock and Roll. Especially with their larger edition sizes since those should've brought the prices down more, not raised them.

enough talk!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi-RaaG-yx4[/ame]

lets get out some more Joes Sideshow

I think it's all about the profit margin. I don't see how Zartan or Major Bludd would be $40 more expensive than a Rock and Roll. Especially with their larger edition sizes since those should've brought the prices down more, not raised them.

Yeah. Z and Bludd are popular, so more people will pay more for them. Again thats why they're moving on to DC.

Personally, I think they can still milk the Joe line, but I don't think they believe it.

I can't believe there's still no chromedome Cobra Commander this far in. After Snake Eyes, I would think he's the most iconic. Even people who know nothing about GI Joe, know chrome face CC.

Back