James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, question. If the statue hasn't been released yet, why close out the wait list now...since the full amount isn't charged to people who out right purchase the statue till it's been officially sent out isn't the possibilities of declines still there and as a result a need for a waitlist?

That is exactly what i was thinking why the heck so early??? With the possibility of people canceling and credit cards declining.

Josh I think you are right, SS might be realizing, for instance there are, let say 250 people putting that on waitlist. So as a business, the best way to sell all the items when it is release is to "force" those 250 people to buy the regular version. I think everybody has to agree, the exclusion version, though is nothing like the first CA PF EX, should be a goose golden egg.

That is exactly what i was thinking why the heck so early??? With the possibility of people canceling and credit cards declining.

Anyhow, to me if you are not planning to re-sell it, the regular version is still good. (I think I would love displaying it with the reg head.) I have ordered a reg at local stock and I would really love the EX to be converted.

Anyhow, to me if you are not planning to re-sell it, the regular version is still good. (I think I would love displaying it with the reg head.) I have ordered a reg at local stock and I would really love the EX to be converted.

This is true. I've yet to get a wait list closing email so I'm not going to terminate my preorder for the time being...and will just hope for the best. That said I don't plan to resell so if I do get the email the reg version will be just fine by me.

:pray:

Josh I think you are right, SS might be realizing, for instance there are, let say 250 people putting that on waitlist. So as a business, the best way to sell all the items when it is release is to "force" those 250 people to buy the regular version. I think everybody has to agree, the exclusion version, though is nothing like the first CA PF EX, should be a goose golden egg.

I don't know if its to force anyone to buy a reg but if the WL for the Ex is way too long there are only going to be so many that come back up. Plus if folks really want this piece you can get the regular.

I don't know if its to force anyone to buy a reg but if the WL for the Ex is way too long there are only going to be so many that come back up. Plus if folks really want this piece you can get the regular.

True, but then you run the risk of having to reopen the waitlist in case people on the waitlist, lucky enough to convert, have to pass on the item for whatever reason.

Still seems like it would make sense to simply keep the waitlist open as it's just a waitlist. As a matter of fact if you take a look at some of the waitlist products still available to sign up for you it's insane to think they would close it now for a non released statue. For instance, I know I'm still on the original captain america PF waitlist and I have a better chance of getting struck by lightening...but it's still open. To close the waitlist on an EX not yet released statue, just seems a bit odd.

That said it's VERY true, for those who have gotten this email I would strongly suggest if the statue itself was what you wanted just pick up, just get the regular as it's just as kick ass.

They close WL all the time though. Now, most of the time its items that have been there for a while but I have seen them close lists if they know they have plenty of potential takers.

They close WL all the time though. Now, most of the time its items that have been there for a while but I have seen them close lists if they know they have plenty of potential takers.

Good point as I really haven't paid much attention to waitlists that have been closed recently.

Either way guessing why the waitlist closing email has been sent to some and not others for a non released item is still guessing. Sideshow I'm sure has gone through the trial and error approach and found the right actions for specific situations. Maybe capping a waitlist when hope is nonexistent for an upcoming statue is one of those trials beacuse the waitlist IS still open for the regular and gives those missing out on the EX a chance to still pick up the statue.

:dunno

Always check the bottom of the newsletters they will have either contacting, taking, or closing there.

Very interesting news thats for sure.

Do you think Sideshow will make Statue on a coming movie Captain America? I know Thor they will right correct me if i am wrong

Do you think Sideshow will make Statue on a coming movie Captain America? I know Thor they will right correct me if i am wrong

I believe they confirmed something about making one if im not mistaken, it will be made but not much talk about it now in an effort to not take sales away from this piece.

Back