James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either way guessing why the waitlist closing email has been sent to some and not others for a non released item is still guessing. Sideshow I'm sure has gone through the trial and error approach and found the right actions for specific situations. Maybe capping a waitlist when hope is nonexistent for an upcoming statue is one of those trials beacuse the waitlist IS still open for the regular and gives those missing out on the EX a chance to still pick up the statue.

:dunno

This might not be relevant, but about a month ago I noticed that auctions for both the ex and reg were closing for well above retail, and then there weren't any others listed for a bit. There might be strong demand for this.

It will happen and since my waitlist is being closed i guess ill just save the cash for the movie version ;)

Has anyone received an email that his/her waitlist was cancelled???

I recieved an email saying that it is going to be cancelled shortly but not officially cancelled as of yet.

I received this email too but I talked with sideshow.they told me that they are closing the waitlists that are in the bottom..

If it was a true hotcake, wouldn't the reg be sold out by now? All the Ex has is a lower edition size and a head not many people are into.

If it was a true hotcake, wouldn't the reg be sold out by now? All the Ex has is a lower edition size and a head not many people are into.

Lots of statues tend to sell like hotcakes post release because people like to see in hand pictures to solidify their interest in a statue. I'm pretty sure this one will be no different and the reg will sell out fast post release if not sooner because some folks are having their waitlist orders cancelled.

Having said that EX will almost always sell out faster for a given statue because of the folks who intend on reselling it later. For a collector simply looking to collect stautes the reg is a great option in almost every statue situation because as you mentioned the EX versions don't always offer anything of beneficial value. For instance I personally went with the reg version of the colossus comiquette because the EX head did nothing for me...actually the reg didn't do much for me either :) but I dig colossus.

Anyways Cap is a beloved character of many and it's almost a given that they will sell out of both the reg and EX versions, just a matter of when.

Lots of statues tend to sell like hotcakes post release because people like to see in hand pictures to solidify their interest in a statue.

That's the thing though: it isn't released. Sideshow sending that email around is probably a tip-off of the waitlist being long as hell (60%+ of the edition size/around 300). These things definitely tend to sell better after the buzz hits with in-hand photos as you said, but the email coupled with the fact that the reg of this yet-to-be-released statue is still up is definitely more indicative of Sideshow seizing the chance to sell more regs quicker than this being something crazily desirable.

Back