James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing though: it isn't released. Sideshow sending that email around is probably a tip-off of the waitlist being long as hell (60%+ of the edition size/around 300). These things definitely tend to sell better after the buzz hits with in-hand photos as you said, but the email coupled with the fact that the reg is still up is definitely more indicative of Sideshow seizing the chance to sell more regs than this being something crazily desirable.

Oh I def don't deny that is what Sideshow is trying to do, from a business perspective it makes sense for them to make a logical assumption in regards to certain waitlist orders not being likely to convert and letting those folks know in hopes of having them preorder the reg edition. On that note it's actually a win for the consumer aswell...if I really want a statue and am on a waitlist for the EX, I'd rather know if I had a chance or not before the reg edition sold out. I guess I see it like a win win scenario as long as the unknown formula for determining where the cut off is for the waitlist holds true. That really is the missing piece to the puzzle. What is the process for determining where the logical cut off is for a waitlist and does it hold true to real world demand.

Every situation is unique so guess well just have to see how things play out. If after a statue is released we see it go back into "In Stock" status, then we will for sure know that the logic behind the waitlist cutoff isn't working as expected or was purely intended to sell out the reg version. If that situation doesn't occur, then their process is working as expected.

Yup, very smart business if the WL is a mile long see if some folks would be interested in the regular. I'm sure several will jump at the chance to just get this awesome looking piece.

Im not sure if I should keep this order, with the movie captain america coming out:(

It will be trust me. I doubt I use the maskless sculpt much. Honestly, I bought the Ex for the art print.

SS has only shown the sketching for the new Cap america maquette right?

Yea i only bought the ex for the print, probably not displaying with the alternate head.

Some of the previous EX heads for these upcoming Marvel pieces are lacking a certain something.

For me its not that really. I just really prefer the masked sculpt because of how I want to display it but I couldn't pass up the art print.

Back