JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I think you have to spend a fair amount of time futzing with those clothes especially the pants... Mr Bond would not be caught dead with such poor tailoring. A good start though

also not sure the aviators are working. look for the glasses that came with brothers production Collateral Tom Cruise or even HT T-800

I actually think that after some water treatment the pants (and suit) will look pretty good. I wasn't sure about the sunglasses either-- but they were the best attempt to match from Toy Anxiety. I'm constantly on the lookout for improvements, but beggars can't be choosers.

Yup I have no doubt that once ironed or water treated the suit will look a lot better. It's a cool look to try and bash Im interested in seeing how it turns out.

PICT0029.jpg

OK-- what's the trick? I got the TTL grey suit but my Bond looks nothing like this... and I put him on a TT narrow shoulder body...

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about-- thanks SuperObama

I think I'm just going to put him back on a Buck...

Last edited by a moderator:

The trick is Deckard's Connery is wearing the HT V1 Clark Kent suit.

OK-- what's the trick? I got the TTL grey suit but my Bond looks nothing like this... and I put him on a TT narrow shoulder body...

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about-- thanks SuperObama

I think I'm just going to put him back on a Buck...

You can make it look better if you spend some time straightening the clothing out. It's up to you if you feel mine looks good or not, but I have the same suite as you and the same narrow shoulder True Type and mine looks like this.

MyGoldfingerBond.jpg

I've got a narrow truetype and the same suit on the way to me at the moment as well. Any tips on the suit Tyler, or is it just taking your time to work on it?

You can make it look better if you spend some time straightening the clothing out. It's up to you if you feel mine looks good or not, but I have the same suite as you and the same narrow shoulder True Type and mine looks like this.

MyGoldfingerBond.jpg

In comparing the pics there's no way mine is on a narrow shouldered TT... I must have mistakenly used a reg.

I think I'll have to order another narrow shoulder.

I've got a narrow truetype and the same suit on the way to me at the moment as well. Any tips on the suit Tyler, or is it just taking your time to work on it?

In comparing the pics there's no way mine is on a narrow shouldered TT... I must have mistakenly used a reg.

I think I'll have to order another narrow shoulder.

A little more info for you. I would say that 95% of the way that suit looks is just time spent futzing (if that is the right word or even spelling). The rest is a little super glue to hold the shirts collar lappels down against the shirt as they dont like to stay down. I did the same for the jacket lappels. Where they would not stop curling away, or raising away from the jacket they were super glued down. Also I have removed the poppers on the waist coat and used super glue again to hold it closed as I don't like to see poppers.

A little more info for you. I would say that 95% of the way that suit looks is just time spent futzing (if that is the right word or even spelling). The rest is a little super glue to hold the shirts collar lappels down against the shirt as they dont like to stay down. I did the same for the jacket lappels. Where they would not stop curling away, or raising away from the jacket they were super glued down. Also I have removed the poppers on the waist coat and used super glue again to hold it closed as I don't like to see poppers.

I just ordered a new narrow shouldered TT throught Toys2. I'll use your suggestions when it arrives and post the results.

Cheers. :wave:duff

I just ordered a new narrow shouldered TT throught Toys2. I'll use your suggestions when it arrives and post the results.

Cheers. :wave:duff

No problem. I'll keep checking here for an update.

Thanks Tyler, will take that into consideration.

I will also post mine when it's done. :) Although the suit's coming from the other the other side of the world, so it might be a while. :(

Thanks Tyler, will take that into consideration.

I will also post mine when it's done. :) Although the suit's coming from the other the other side of the world, so it might be a while. :(

Sometimes you get lucky though, and these deliveries from the other side of the world get to you in less than a week.

I'll check in to see how it looks.

My narrow shouldered TT arrived so I'll be able to have my Connery in his grey suit-- but I don't like the width and bulk of that tie so I think I'll replace it.

Pictures to follow (once I get home to set him up).

Hey maybe we could have a HT Bond considering that Sideshow has lent them the Platoon license.

Hey maybe we could have a HT Bond considering that Sideshow has lent them the Platoon license.

Sideshow do nt have the Bond licence anymore.Im sure it s something Hot Toys will get around to in a few years.

I didn't use the tie from the TTL suit (too bulky) and I still think I'm going to glue down the lapels-- (and pulling the shirt sleeves through was a pain) but the narrow TT definitely makes him look better... Now I only wish he was taller.

Back