James Cameron's finest hour?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is Cameron's best movie?

• Piranha 2

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Terminator

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Aliens

Votes: 67 31.8%
  • The Abyss

• Terminator 2

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • True Lies

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Titanic

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters
It's Aliens for me, it's my favorite movie.

Notable mentions would be T2 and the Abyss.

The Terminator
Aliens
T2

No matter what some may think of him, he's done some great work.

The Terminator
Aliens
The Abyss

Huge Cameron Fan.
I really like the way he direct, the way he designs his films (most of the notable conceptual arts are from his own hands since he's an accomplished illustrator), his realistic scifi visuals.
I need to revisit his movies to see if i was a bit too sweet on his writing because i was more into the viual aspect of his work when i saw them.
Never tought of him as a great writer but as a great storyteller.

When i hear about AVATAR i was scared his style would be outdated, but no, there is a pace and rythm in the way he shoots and edits his movies that is still effective today (the fight between Jake and Quaritch is really awesome).

As for AVATAR story, i fell for it.
But it's a clearly a "best of" what he has done before.
Maybe too fanservice, Cameron's quoting himself to the death.
I think it gets a lot of bad rap either because people wants to go against the hype to look good (the rebel attitude) either because they were expecting some hard scifi movie.
The movie was targeted to a large audience, family friendly, and is a retelling of the classic hero's journey.
So yeah it's basically DANCES WITH WOLVES in space but also Lawrence of Arabia, The Man who wanted to be King and all those kind of old school adventure movies with really bad guys and pure heroes.
It's the kind of movie Cameron dreamt about when he read John Carter of Mars, it's kinda childish but i feel in a good way.
It's well done and sincere.
I take that anyday over another dumbfest from Bay, Ratner and co...

I think T1, T2, then Titanic were his best. I'm surprised Avatar even got a vote :p. Didn't like it much, CGI marvel yes, but engaging as his other movies: not so much.

Its really funny that with so much money Avatar (and even Titanic) made nobody seems to like them very much. :)

Its really funny that with so much money Avatar (and even Titanic) made nobody seems to like them very much. :)

Yeah, but this is a poll in a section for Aliens and Robots, with tons of fans and *ahem* NERDS. Of course they're going to pick The Terminator, Terminator 2 and Aliens over Titanic.

Alien >>> Aliens.

The dialogue sucked balls, Cameron wrote the screenplay so he can suck it too. Aliens is a good movie though ............ when there is action, aliens and Sigourney Weaver. Its overrated.

Terminator ftw!

So yeah it's basically DANCES WITH WOLVES in space but also Lawrence of Arabia, The Man who wanted to be King and all those kind of old school adventure movies with really bad guys and pure heroes.
It's the kind of movie Cameron dreamt about when he read John Carter of Mars, it's kinda childish but i feel in a good way.
It's well done and sincere.
I take that anyday over another dumbfest from Bay, Ratner and co...
eh, it's mostly this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_Me_Joe

not that Avatar's audience would read much oldschool scifi, but not everybody has the clout Ellison had when he sued Cameron for trying to plagiarise his stuff in Terminator.

you say Cameron is "sincere", i say he's a pretentious hack. tomato-tomahto.

Back