James Cameron's finest hour?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is Cameron's best movie?

• Piranha 2

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Terminator

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Aliens

Votes: 67 31.8%
  • The Abyss

• Terminator 2

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • True Lies

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Titanic

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters
Camerons a ho mo

Agreed.

james_cameron_2689852.jpg

Tree huggin, green goin, smug, homosex.

Look what happened to Lucas.

The industry got the best of them. I'm sure their younger selves would be disgusted in what they've become today. The only guy I can think of at the moment that has kept his integrity is Clint Eastwood.

^ I hate that ____ing guy. He can keep his stupid ass Saga and shove it.

When he dies, Jett Lucas better be a badass and release the original trilogy on Blu Ray, and not hate his fans.

That's wishful thinking. I'm sure Georgy has a few clones at the ready.

Aliens is a film I will never get tired of followed by T1 & T2.
Although I do like Avatar it was only a visual feast. We have seen
the "This is our land" crap way to many times.

good to see avatar ranks so low. the new advancement in filmmaking tech is most commendable, but cameron's imagination is severely lacking in terms of creating a whole new world. everything seems to be borrowed from somewhere else with hardly anything original to add to it. i've seen more creative speculative alien environments in discovery channel years ago(in fact, bio-luminescent plants was one of the idea mentioned), and surely when our imagination wanders far into the distant space we could imagine a more unique civilization than simply a carbon copy of american indians.

most overrated film ever. i had more fun watching true lies, now THAT is criminally underrated. and so it gets my sympathy vote. it's insane to me that true lies ranks below piranha2.

eh, it's mostly this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_Me_Joe

not that Avatar's audience would read much oldschool scifi, but not everybody has the clout Ellison had when he sued Cameron for trying to plagiarise his stuff in Terminator.

you say Cameron is "sincere", i say he's a pretentious hack. tomato-tomahto.
nobody sued tarantino when he copied materials form many other films. sergio leone and lucas werent sued either when they took ideas wholesale from kurosawa films. and i didnt notice the wachowskis being sued by william gibson and masamune shirow for the matrix.

i guess that should tell you all about ellison.

Stan Winston did, bro.
even if you have a thing against the guy, give credit where its' due. cameron conceived the idea of the queen, he did the initial design drawing, and he wrote the screenplay and directed the film. the queen is his.

nobody sued tarantino when he copied materials form many other films. sergio leone and lucas werent sued either when they took ideas wholesale from kurosawa films. and i didnt notice the wachowskis being sued by william gibson and masamune shirow for the matrix.

Tarantino outright named his homages in his movies and never claimed credit for them. Lucas and Leone both gave Kurosawa his due credit before their movies even came out in theaters. the Wachowskis did the same. Cameron stood on the shoulders of giants and called himself "king of the world". what that tells me about Ellison is you should never plagiarise the biggest name in contemporary scifi literature and not expect repercussions. in the end, it took Cameron going to court for him to concede Ellison's work in the end credits on Terminator. he probably won't get sued for plagiarising Avatar, but it would help his credibility to at least acknowledge where he did it. i think he'll just get away with it and laugh all the way to the bank.

even if you have a thing against the guy, give credit where its' due. cameron conceived the idea of the queen, he did the initial design drawing, and he wrote the screenplay and directed the film. the queen is his.

I have nothing against Cameron. He's a Canadian inspiration. He's been acting like a fruit as of late.

Back