Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think that’s a possibility at this point. Sean Dabbs, the sculptor, and Viola partner on all of their projects together.

It might be best to just send the heads you like most to a painter upon release. I’d love to see what someone like 357partment could do with the angry BD head sculpt.
Aaaannnd the price rises exponentially. :lol

Those are nice portraits, with the enraged one being particularly striking, but yeah, I'm afraid those eyes are not lifelike enough, at least on the other two. In my opinion, that is.

Still, I'm really curious to see the final result.

They may have partnered on unlicensed product in the past, but this nor their Keaton look like anything a professional company would offer you. The contrast in this vs the 89’ Batmobile is complete highs and lows. This looks like something I could have commissioned in 2017 by any up and coming painter on IG.

We can’t keep the same standards for JazzInc that we have for JND, InArt & Hot Toys? They’re licensed, this isn’t Mars Toys producing counterfeit, therefore it should have some standards met, at minimum.

I don’t think that’s a possibility at this point. Sean Dabbs, the sculptor, and Viola partner on all of their projects together.

It might be best to just send the heads you like most to a painter upon release. I’d love to see what someone like 357partment could do with the angry BD head sculpt.
No offense.. but are you looking at these pics on an android phone from 2012? lol. I have a bunch of things Sean and Viola have done and they are all amazing! These look phenomenal! Would you mind pointing out what you don't like?

The eyes just feel soulless, and aren’t realistic. No offense to the painter but that seems to be a common issue.

Plus the positioning of the eyes is wrong compared to the moment it’s based on, which feels ironic considering the reason they chose painted eyes over movable ones.

0482D131-E532-4849-964D-BD9D93797BFB.jpeg

A6518CD2-1C9A-47B3-B8B0-08CCCF63D1DB.jpeg

This is a bad quick edit, but eye positioning like this would be nice for this specific sculpt.

F6B3EB0C-82AB-4C9B-8D87-954907C4411C.png

The render Sean posted looked marvelous. It’s a shame he doesn’t paint these heads to maintain his vision for them.

AE66085C-2ED2-47CC-AA5A-0138C122374F.jpeg

Last edited:
The bar I set for Catwoman is by no means comparable to the one I set for Ledger, none are.
I just want this thing to stand tall and uniform with all of the other licensed product from JND, InArt and Hot Toys. I’m under no impressions this with be the greatest figure ever made or even would be if they did everything I’d suggest, but I don’t want this looking like a toy next to the Batmobile from their own line. Her style of painting wouldn’t work in a factory setting, if the eyes look bad now..

Again I’m not trying to be slick in remarks towards whether the artist has skill or not. Is she skilled enough for a production run? I don’t think so, not in 2024 professionally. Those eyes aren’t symmetrical, nor accurate to the scene they’re based on. It’s perplexing that if any of the other companies we complain about showed that paint work on a prototype we wouldn’t hear the end of it from anyone, not just a select few being told we’re never satisfied.

Last edited:
If Joost would have shown an actual prototype with movable eyes initially we would not be having this continuous discussion. Makes little sense that he would not have explored that option further and produced a prototype at least. Why they keep using Viola to paint the protos is confusing when they were touting some other painter who had a more life like approach to the paint applications. The sculpts themselves are much more accurate than Dabb’s previous attempts so that is a plus.

The eyes just feel soulless, and aren’t realistic. No offense to the painter but that seems to be a common issue.

Plus the positioning of the eyes is wrong compared to the moment it’s based on, which feels ironic considering the reason they chose painted eyes over movable ones.

View attachment 718485

View attachment 718486

This is a bad quick edit, but eye positioning like this would be nice for this specific sculpt.

View attachment 718487

The render Sean posted looked marvelous. It’s a shame he doesn’t paint these heads to maintain his vision for them.

View attachment 718490

I understand the issue, but it's clear is the only headsculpt out of the 3 in that photo that it's still in progress, other are mostly painted but that one is clearly unfinished, just wait til is done and if you still have those issues then yes, talk loud about it.

Last edited:
I'd prefer NOT to have the eyes nearly inside her head like the actual screen shot (despite that its real). The render's eyes are good for me.
Agreed, the render from Sean is amazing but on the sculpt i think it looks goofy having the eyes a far to the side as the render.

Guess they're going with 3 full headsculpts. Hopefully pre-order sales are good enough to where Joost gets enough funds to be able to add moveable eyes, but seems pretty unlikely. I'd prefer to have her eyes look up a little.

But yeah in terms of detailing, even with the different production painters than Viola, don't see it coming close to Hot Toys latest moveable eyes.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 eyes vs real vlcsnap-2024-08-03-09h02m13s602.jpg

Guess they're going with 3 full headsculpts. Hopefully pre-order sales are good enough to where Joost gets enough funds to be able to add moveable eyes, but seems pretty unlikely. I'd prefer to have her eyes look up a little.

But yeah in terms of detailing, even with the different production painters than Viola, don't see it coming close to Hot Toys latest moveable eyes.

View attachment 718541
Yeah they missed an opportunity to really add some realism to the Catwoman sculpts by not going with movable eyes.

View attachment 718541
Those new Keaton eyes are insane, can’t wait to see the Artisan purple coat Ledger and red suit Phoenix eyes.

I think the best we can hope for is that some updated sculpts are made at some point in the future that they can sell by themselves.

I don't find Viola's Michelle sculpts dead in the eyes personally, i think once they're actually finished [which we haven't seen yet] they will look rather good for non moveable eyes.
Her paintwork on Facebook is rather nice.

Standard Version for $300 comes with 1 head sculpt, if support is crazy maybe it'll come with 2.

Deluxe Version, price unknown, but will come with 3 head sculpts for each figure and the diorama.

Looks like I'll be getting the Deluxe then.

jazzinc catwoman 1.png

diorama update

jazzinc catwoman 2.png

Last edited:
Back