Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose three Catwoman headsculpts to include in the DX version figure

• Total voters
You cannot buy direct from JazzInc if you are in the U.S.?
gene wilder nothing GIF

Hmm do I want to throw down $800+ for this, then turn around and throw $1k+ at JND, followed by $400+ for HT. Sadly have to ask that far too often nowadays. The extra deluxe seems like a scary bet not knowing how production turns out, surely that set has to be towards $800+ for 6 sculpts, two bodies, accessories and a diorama base.

You cannot buy direct from JazzInc if you are in the U.S.?
Not on his licensed figures. The vehicles have been fine.

Jazz doesn't seem motivated enough with this figure. That's why I'm eager to see one of the big players step in, and raise the stakes while there's time..

You can never tell what's going on with Hot Toys (unless you're @Aybaig). Nothing they do follows a logical pattern.

But Howard's ego is predictable.
That's what I'm betting on.

You can never tell what's going on with Hot Toys Nothing they do follows a logical pattern.
Every once in a blue moon you can catch a glimpse at HT pattern. For example: the Batman Returns 2.0 being shown as 89’ is releasing, same thing will happen with Rami Spider-man, as soon as the black symbiote suit Tobey releases they’ll announce the red suit from Spider-man 3. I have a feeling we’ll see Pfeiffer once Returns Keaton is officially announced.

Every once in a blue moon you can catch a glimpse at HT pattern. For example: the Batman Returns 2.0 being shown as 89’ is releasing, same thing will happen with Rami Spider-man, as soon as the Black symbiote suit Tobey releases they’ll announce the red suit from Spider-man 3. I have a feeling we’ll see Pfeiffer once Returns Keaton is officially announced.
Maybe we'll see her teased in the Batman announcement. Her back to the camera, slightly blurred.

I hope you're right about red suit Tobey.

Every once in a blue moon you can catch a glimpse at HT pattern. For example: the Batman Returns 2.0 being shown as 89’ is releasing, same thing will happen with Rami Spider-man, as soon as the Black symbiote suit Tobey releases they’ll announce the red suit from Spider-man 3. I have a feeling we’ll see Pfeiffer once Returns Keaton is officially announced.
Ah, an optimist I see. :lol

Seriously though, I hope you're right. :duff

I hope you're right about red suit Tobey.
Oh I know they will, they did just that with the armories from TDK trilogy. They’re going to do it again with ESB Han as soon as ROTJ Han & ESB Chewbacca ship next year.

This is how they keep the momentum going by announcing a companion piece as soon as you’re starting to get the “other half” if you will, in hand. So instead of making you choose by announcing simultaneously, they wait a year. They know you’ll be right back to PO because you’re currently on a high with that IP after having just received a figure from it.

Last edited:
Hot Toys proves again, they're the cancer of 1/6 scale.
I don’t see that as an issue personally, just take that as motivation to produce better products than them. InArt has to abide by it, JND has to, it’s only natural he would too unless something were to change with HT North American Distributor. He’s already there with the vehicles, he just needs to be more open minded when it comes to the figures.

Hind sight will tell him he should have jumped on rolling eyes from the start when his later releases develope them. That’s why I can’t get behind the ultra lavender deluxe, not definitive enough w/o rolling eyes and I don’t know how this will all play out.
Joost says they now have a team in China making his collectibles, hope that doesn’t affect quality as the 89’ Batmobile is being produced there as well?

I like that he’s expanding his company but I also like that personal at home touch he has given us by being 100% hands on the entire way unlike any other company we’ve really ever seen.

Last edited:
Worthwhile Catwoman talk starts just after the 42 minute mark.

Figure options are still a bit confusing.
Joost is definitely aiming at $300 for standard edition with one head sculpt- maybe two if demand is high enough.
Deluxe versions come with three heads each.

He then goes on to suggest (as I’m interpreting it) that there will be
- Standard clean ver.
- Standard battle damaged ver.
- DX clean ver with diorama and 3 sculpts.
- DX battle damaged version with 3 sculpts.
- A two pack with both DX versions, all 6 sculpts, diorama- and there's another DX exclusive accessory in the works.

They have scrapped one head we’ve already seen and are developing a brand new, unseen, ‘iconic’ expression/head sculpt for the clean version based on feedback.
Will it be this one?
View attachment 719071

They tried a leather corset but couldn’t control the shape, fine details were out of scale, and the eyelets on the back weren’t working. It will now certainly be sculpted. Joost is happy with this decision due to accuracy and scale.

Custom made phicen body.

OSK & Spec Fiction- maybe BBTS- will be the only way to buy this in the U.S.
Rest of the world can buy from JazzInc. Joost says he will have the cheapest price- but after shipping, customs, VAT, processing fees, that definitely won’t be the case for me (in the U.K.) OSK all the way!

Projected PO date- end of September. Still no guarantees as they’re constantly refining and trialling new suggestions.

Release before Xmas 2025.
First come first served release style.
I'm fine with using OSK, as long as it's an open order situation like for Inart figures, and not something with a very limited number that will sell out quick.

And also hoping for a full deluxe set without the diorama, as I have no space or interest in that.

Hot Toys blocked Joost from selling directly to US right before Joost signed WB contract.
Worse, It was after he signed the WB contract is my understanding. Hot Toys and Sideshow apparently sent him a C&D after he announced this project, and Joost checked with WB (and his lawyer) and isn't allowed to sell direct to the US because it would encroach on their licensing deal.

Phicen (and silicone) bodies tend to tear over time if left in a non-museum poses too long.

With the Joost Catwoman, I guess it won’t matter as much since the suit is on top to conceal any Phicen body damage.

I had 2 silicone bodies tear and split open while posed with an elbow bent - John Lennon (Molecule 8) and Freddie Mercury Live Aid (Win C. kit).

Another collector warned me not to pose Trinity from Matrix (3rd party) in the “Dodge This” gun pose because it caused their Trinity silicone body to split at the armpit area.

So each individual version (with three heads a piece) is going to be $400 dollars?

Having both a regular and battle damaged Catwoman, without movable eyes, will be $800+?

Worse, It was after he signed the WB contract is my understanding. Hot Toys and Sideshow apparently sent him a C&D after he announced this project, and Joost checked with WB (and his lawyer) and isn't allowed to sell direct to the US because it would encroach on their licensing deal.

From a collector and consumer interest point of view, that is a d.o.uche move.

From a business perspective, it makes sense that SSC and HT would protect their interests like that. If anyone was in their same position or owned a business, the main goal at the end of the day is to protect the interest of the company and the shareholders.

Not saying it’s fair, but business/life is cutthroat.

Not quite not an apples to apples comparison, but the San Francisco Giants MLB team blocked the Oakland A’s from relocating their franchise to the South Bay because they claimed it was their “territorial right.” They fought for decades until the A’s finally decided this year to relocate to Las Vegas (via Sacramento).

Back