Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my thoughts so far, like everyone else I will state my own personal preferences. The Hell Here diorama base is an absolute must have for me on the Clean version. I don't think it would pair well at all with the battle damaged version, so I feel the battle damaged version should offer its own Penguin Lair base for the deluxe.

For the clean version the tongue out headsculpt is actually my favorite because it's a lot of fun, and it's the headsculpt I would display. For the battle damaged version I love the super angry headsculpt everybody else loves. I don't need rolling eyeballs and I never use them on any of my Hot Toys, but again this is just my own personal preference.

As of now if I could only pick one version I don't think I could decide between the two, but I need to see pictures of how the battle damaged suit will turn out.

Also living in the US means I will have a price markup so the actual price that I have to pay will be what determines if I can get the 2 pack.

Last edited:
Just checked the Facebook group and it really is quite a mess over there.
Even Joost had to put a video out telling people to just chill the F out.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Dbfe3ewj58yJFhB2/?

He opened the floodgates to the 1/6 Facebook cesspool with this one and now his little haven of high-earning, detail-oriented vehicle collectors is gone. You can never go home again.

Someone’s also already done a poll on changing the deluxe sets to be just the body with 3 heads and accessories and to sell the diorama separately- but the vast majority have said ‘change nothing.’
Facebook is not a place for independent thinkers.

This saddens me as I think Nick D has nailed the optimum package options.
It’s weird majority vote want a double set with 2 Hell Here dioramas. I’m convinced people don’t actually understand the package options.

Personally i think he should drop the double deluxe and just do 2 standards with 2 sculpts each and basic snow stand each.

And then….2 deluxe with 3 heads each and a Hell Here dio each. That’s it.

If you want both deluxe, just buy both separately.

The more options you give customers the more confused they get imo.

At the end of the day Joost just needs to finalise the packages, throw up the pre-orders and be done with it.
There’s never pleasing everybody, if he tries that he’ll have 15 versions of the damn thing.
Customers when forced to pick will just pick from whatever they’re given. For every person who doesn’t like this or that will be 10 more who don’t give a **** and will press “buy”.

Stop encouraging him lol…
Ha, it’s fine; a more affordable option is still available…
1723938106573.jpeg

For the clean version the tounge out headsculpt is actually my favorite because it's a lot of fun,
No no, you heard the white knight above- you can only be a gooning, misogynistic straight man seeking sexual gratification from miniature dollies if you like that sculpt and your idea of ‘fun’ is simply disgusting.

Personally i think he should drop the double deluxe and just do 2 standards with 2 sculpts each and basic snow stand each.

And then….2 deluxe with 3 heads each and a Hell Here dio each. That’s it.

If you want both deluxe, just buy both separately.
That still locks two sculpts behind a package that forces you to get two identical dios if you want both figures and all the heads, especially if the best sculpts are saved for the deluxes.

Nick’s way is a win win win- unless you don’t like spending lots of money…

The way things currently stand, there will be no shortage of HELL HERE dios on ebay after this releases.

Last edited:
I'm simple: I'll buy whatever version gets me the stuff I want to display on my shelf.

I may want a clean and dirty version of her -- haven't decided that yet, although the choices of expressions for each look will make that decision for me.

As stated, right now, the only version I'm certain of is that savage BD sculpt on the BD body. So right now, I'm in for the BD deluxe, as proposed.

I have a feeling most will prefer one figure as opposed to two. If people weren’t into getting two Ledgers in identical clothes in a set, then they likely won’t see the need for two of Catwoman from a film much older, again, majority here. This is why his hot ticket item has to be around the $4-500 range not $280-300.

I don’t know how much his overhead will be in all of this, I don’t know how he’s splitting the bills. It’s likely he’ll want to use some of these funds to put towards his next figure project to get a head start on it, he can’t only begin to make things when a preorder goes live, it’s unethical for starters. But you see a lot of third parties having to do this, announce a PO to pay off the last batch on the factory line.

Hell he may even find himself having to do this as he attempts to get off the ground, he needs to cut the lights on the poll voting FB system, find a good idea from someone that fits his budget and stick with it, who cares who doesn’t like it, they’ll put up the money for InArt. If the JazzInc Catwoman comes out and it stinks, you know this community will let him know about it.

Last edited:
You know, I saw on the news the other day something about "tailored pricing" -- that companies are considering charging people what they'll pay rather than a flat cost.

So you could pay Joost $500 for your Catwoman, while Buffinator pays only $300 for the same figure. Seems you both would be happy.

You know, I saw on the news the other day something about "tailored pricing" -- that companies are considering charging people what they'll pay rather than a flat cost.

So you could pay Joost $500 for your Catwoman, while Buffinator pays only $300 for the same figure. Seems you both would be happy.
You’re completely missing the point, I want it for free. But that’s not logical, really. What’s logical is knowing Joost cannot price match Hot Toys. You live in L.A I take it you know a bit about business, what end of this looks good for him to attempt this with everyone asking for the budget cut yet will be critical of that budget cut.

I’m just going to go for the double deluxe pack. I like the angry battle damaged head, but want the clean version too. I’ll probably just alternate which one I display at any given time - but I feel dumb having a whole $500 figure that’ll be packed away in a box all the time.

Selling the extra “Hell Here” diorama should be possible.

Selling the extra “Hell Here” diorama should be possible.
Yeah, collectors could either gamble on how much they can get back out of the diorama on eBay to soften the blow or buy both standard deluxes for the two magnetic bases if they don’t want the hassle of the diorama but want both editions.

If this was on a Mars toys type of body, cheap suit, unlicensed, plastic claws, plastic waist clamp base, basically eternals release, then I could see the budget friendly version.

Or wait for the Hot Toys clean version that’ll be $340 plus tax and shipping or a $400+ Artisan edition

By design JazzInc was never going to swing Hot Toys numbers so his prices and quality aim to reflect that. We’re all here under this thread and not the other Catwoman threads because we want quality and know where to find it.

InArt’s standard Ledger Joker (first figure out) was $370 before any tax or shipping, this will have far more than that. InArt gave us one sculpt with plastic hair and y’all want JazzInc to give us two sculpts and a complex suit with silicone body for $300 flat.

Since there were comparisons, I would say if Hot Toys does a clean version of Returns Catwoman it will likely be much closer to $300. Their Modern Suit Keaton Batman is only $310 and comes with a cowl head sculpt with moveable eyes and 3 face plates, as well as a second Keaton Bruce head sculpt with moveable eyes, 2 capes, and a standard light up base.

The Jazzinc Catwoman extra head sculpts was chosen in place of moveable eyes. In comparison Inart Aragorn sculpted hair was only $330 shipped from Kit, comes with moveable eyes, many layers of clothes and real leather vest, trench coat, cloak, real metal sword, metal buckles on scabbard and belts, another metal blade and metal knife.

Joost obviously won't be able to compete with that since he doesn't know what order numbers will be, but I'm not going to assume the ideal pricing to have all 3 head sculpts with no diorama should be around $4-500 :ROFLMAO: With that price it better have moveable eyes. Facebook people are so hell bent on having that diorama for both Catwoman versions though that it's a bit annoying. I think Joost probably could have gotten close to being able to do moveable eyes if it wasn't for that diorama.

All I’m saying is he’s never offered anything cheap for a reason. Cheap is expensive to him, to the molds, to the packaging, to the newly hired factory in China. That’s a lot of newly found overhead for a guy who just signed the contract. I’m not saying every release going forward can be extravagantly expensive, he’ll adapt.

The seated Batman will be $175, to me and you that’s expensive, but that’s my point, that’s about as low as he could go on it because it’s going to be fully sculpted and a production for something priced any less isn’t real. WB isn’t helping this along, they’ve given him the ball and they want him to run, simple.

On my latest price post I said Standard Clean $425 Standard Battle Damaged $425 Ultimate Deluxe $850. That seems pretty fair for what’s all offered. If this project turns into something much more like his projects do when there’s funds. What we’re going to see on the PO page in late Sep won’t be final.

The tongue-out sculpt is ridiculous and only gooning straight men want it.
Maybe, but it's not like we can conduct a poll.
If we get that at the cost of a smirking, sultry face that she actually wears 90% of the movie... I will be SEVERELY disappointed.
I agree with you there. However ...
I'm not going to apologize for being blunt--that is purely there to sexualize her, and we all know it. I hate it and find it distasteful.
You can feel any way you want about it, but I feel it might be relevant to consider that the character, especially as portrayed in Batman Returns, has always been sexualized. From her form fitting costume to her campy vamping and femme fatale schtick. She has often weaponized her sexuality in the comics and films. At least she's portrayed with agency.

I'm sure some people find it yawn-inducing, others offensive, some may find it titillating (in this day and age it seems quite tame but anyway) ... some may view it as an empowered albeit conflicted character, which I think Catwoman has always been portrayed as.

So where does one draw the line in this rendering of a legacy character? She's strutting around literally purring, in a skin-tight black rubber cat suit in high heel boots, wielding a whip and licking herself. But portraying her from a moment in the film with her tongue out is too much and distasteful?

Honest question, I'm not saying you have to like it and I'm not partial to the sculpt myself, but your line seems ... kind of arbitrary when the entire character is a strutting, posing, meow-ing pin-up.

Maybe, but it's not like we can conduct a poll.

I agree with you there. However ...

You can feel any way you want about it, but I feel it might be relevant to consider that the character, especially as portrayed in Batman Returns, has always been sexualized. From her form fitting costume to her campy vamping and femme fatale schtick. She has often weaponized her sexuality in the comics and films. At least she's portrayed with agency.

I'm sure some people find it yawn-inducing, others offensive, some may find it titillating (in this day and age it seems quite tame but anyway) ... some may view it as an empowered albeit conflicted character, which I think Catwoman has always been portrayed as.

So where does one draw the line in this rendering of a legacy character? She's strutting around literally purring, in a skin-tight black rubber cat suit in high heel boots, wielding a whip and licking herself. But portraying her from a moment in the film with her tongue out is too much and distasteful?

Honest question, I'm not saying you have to like it and I'm not partial to the sculpt myself, but your line seems ... kind of arbitrary when the entire character is a strutting, posing, meow-ing pin-up.
She has her tongue out for literally maybe ten seconds of screen-time in a two hour film (from memory: bathing herself in Penguin's bedroom and when she licks Batman on the rooftop after the mistletoe line). To me, if the priority is rendering a "legacy character" to figure-form, and the main look she wears for the majority of her screen-time is side-lined in favor of something CLEARLY only there to evoke a horny-response, then that's crossing the line. She can be sexy and sultry without being so nakedly sexualized. Her iconic smirk evokes both those emotions and should be there.

Since there were comparisons, I would say if Hot Toys does a clean version of Returns Catwoman it will likely be much closer to $300. Their Modern Suit Keaton Batman is only $310 and comes with a cowl head sculpt with moveable eyes and 3 face plates, as well as a second Keaton Bruce head sculpt with moveable eyes, 2 capes, and a standard light up base.

The Jazzinc Catwoman extra head sculpts was chosen in place of moveable eyes. In comparison Inart Aragorn sculpted hair was only $330 shipped from Kit, comes with moveable eyes, many layers of clothes and real leather vest, trench coat, cloak, real metal sword, metal buckles on scabbard and belts, another metal blade and metal knife.

Joost obviously won't be able to compete with that since he doesn't know what order numbers will be, but I'm not going to assume the ideal pricing to have all 3 head sculpts with no diorama should be around $4-500 :ROFLMAO: With that price it better have moveable eyes. Facebook people are so hell bent on having that diorama for both Catwoman versions though that it's a bit annoying. I think Joost probably could have gotten close to being able to do moveable eyes if it wasn't for that diorama.
He never would made this without some kind of diorama, though. Dioramas are Joost's thing. He was making and selling them long before he started with vehicles.

She has her tongue out for literally maybe ten seconds of screen-time in a two hour film (from memory: bathing herself in Penguin's bedroom and when she licks Batman on the rooftop after the mistletoe line). To me, if the priority is rendering a "legacy character" to figure-form, and the main look she wears for the majority of her screen-time is side-lined in favor of something CLEARLY only there to evoke a horny-response, then that's crossing the line. She can be sexy and sultry without being so nakedly sexualized. Her iconic smirk evokes both those emotions and should be there.
Okay, so this is where our opinions differ. I think she's sexualized all the way through the film regardless, and that particular tongue out moment (correct me if I'm wrong) is tied to her swallowing the bird, which was more in line with Burton's grotesque sideshow sensibilities than anything overtly sensual. As I saw it, anyway.

I was just curious as to where you were coming from, we don't have to agree.

Back