Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the Facebook group and it really is quite a mess over there.
Even Joost had to put a video out telling people to just chill the F out.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Dbfe3ewj58yJFhB2/?

He opened the floodgates to the 1/6 Facebook cesspool with this one and now his little haven of high-earning, detail-oriented vehicle collectors is gone. You can never go home again.

Someone’s also already done a poll on changing the deluxe sets to be just the body with 3 heads and accessories and to sell the diorama separately- but the vast majority have said ‘change nothing.’
Facebook is not a place for independent thinkers.

This saddens me as I think Nick D has nailed the optimum package options.
I saw that too - genuinely blows my mind that the vast majority of the folks on Facebook would prefer to be made to buy the diorama to get the 3 heads and get two of the exact same diorama if they get both DX figures....... like the poll isn't even close.....
People are fricking weird man.

Heres hoping Joost is more sane than his followers on Facebook and listens to the guy - seems a decent compromise to me to make the diorama a separate purchase.

Just checked the Facebook group and it really is quite a mess over there.

giphy.gif

I saw that too - genuinely blows my mind that the vast majority of the folks on Facebook would prefer to be made to buy the diorama to get the 3 heads and get two of the exact same diorama if they get both DX figures....... like the poll isn't even close.....
People are fricking weird man.

Heres hoping Joost is more sane than his followers on Facebook and listens to the guy - seems a decent compromise to me to make the diorama a separate purchase.
I do like that idea, and people are clearly rat****ing those polls. I'd be prefer if the DX's were Catwoman with three heads and basic stands (for less than what Nick D seems to think they should cost. $75 a head is nuts, dude.) and the diorama were a seperate release for all those who want it, whether they get a standard Catwoman with one head or a DX with three. Won't happen. But if it did, it would make so much more sense when Joost offers an inevitable sewer diorama down the line which could work for the battle damaged version or Penguin or even Shrek. Hell, make three different sewer dios which could work for each character and also connect to form one huge sewer dio.

You seem to not understand this company then.

Firstly, Joost is over dioramas, so much so that he’s stated publicly he’s been contemplating a name change. Which I think he should, the hobby already knows your name, shorten it to simply JazzInc, it’s classy, less bulky. He’s stated they don’t sell well and are time consuming. From here on out he’s not investing into anything that will just sit on his site, nor any unlicensed product will be released under his brand.

The inclusion of a large diorama here isn’t because he’s dying to make it because “it’s his passion” but rather because he needed a grand package deal to make this release a reality. He was never going to be able to put up a $300 Standard Catwoman with all of the bells and whistles by itself, first release in with no pricier option.

InArt did the three tier Ledger Joker release because they needed money to cover their first release, money they weren’t getting from a sub $346 Standard Ledger Joker with sculpted hair alone.

What happened? Inart cheapened out on their standard and the paint apps are considerably less than the deluxe options. This info is from people who purchased a single sculpted, then found a rooted sculpt second hand. You’re asking him to go well below his bottom line. His prices will always look like a ripoff to those used to companies who can afford to drop theirs lower than his.

When the pricing comes out it's gonna be interesting to see how many of those facebook votes will still talk with their wallets. But I really can't imagine Joost will keep two duplicates of the same diorama in the Deluxe Two-Pack. I don't even want to know the cost for us North America folks who have to buy it marked up through Kit or Specfiction.

The identical diorama ordeal will be handled,
swiftly, he knows about that error.

Whether that’s to make the Deluxe Two Pack both feature intricate dioramas or the Battle Damage version come with a smaller square styled wet sewer concrete magnetic base like JND offers or something, we’ll see but there’s pretty of opportunity for him here.

Most of us are likely to want a single figure with multiple expressions and accessories stood atop a neat tidy magnetic film themed base with a metal name plate. So locking those expressions behind what some see as the unneeded diorama, makes people have to contemplate how to sell it to justify the purchase.

I say scrap the budget cuts because let’s face it here, all of us importing this aren’t getting away easily. This won’t be a cheap purchase any way you look at this, so why pay those import fees stacked onto shipping and tax for what’s deemed the bare bones release you’re lucky to have. That barebones release could cost you $400 all said and done after delivery for a figure with one sculpt, fixed eyes.

You’re right, Nick. Probably would be best to go for a deluxe clean figure with the diorama base. Damn, that’s expensive.

You’re right, Nick. Probably would be best to go for a deluxe clean figure with the diorama base. Damn, that’s expensive.
We’ll see what transpires from this.

Either way, if I were to put my dollar into this, knowing the costs of it all, the standard version of either wouldn’t be on my radar if there’s only one seamless sculpt included.

It’s just simply not worth it, not to us, not to those producing. I’d rather Joost charge $425 for an adequate well rounded release with multiple display options and not worry about the paint apps or tailoring suffering. I don’t know if he can promise his standards as well as ours for such low rates.

I happen to be among the import crowd, I prefer to not have a heavy box with this.

You talk like you know everything. How Joost thinks, how he manage their budget, what are their are ideas and projects... what are his hobbies, their love to dioramas and everything. You should be really close to him...

You talk like you know everything. How Joost thinks, how he manage their budget, what are their are ideas and projects... what are his hobbies, their love to dioramas and everything. You should be really close to him...
Not at all, but I’ve tuned in to his streams and I’ve listened to him talk. I dont skip to the 5 minute mark for a sentence or two on one specific item I’m interested in. I like to hear about the creative process in managing a collectible company, the ins & outs, hearing about the molds. The update videos are the best thing about his company bar none. If you’d listen, he’s already told us everything.

Everything I’ve stated regarding him specifically has been from his own accord.

I think he’s been extremely transparent with everything, through and through. No other company is going to take you around their workshop showing molds, videos of them sanding product down et cetera. This is as home cooked like mom makes as it can get with licensed product. I believe Joost sold under 3k units of the new ‘89 Batmobile, that’s not a lot, yet it’s his “Best selling product and it’s not even close.”

That should better put into perspective what funds we’re actually dealing with here. If this Catwoman outperforms that (which it should) then we should see a lot of development on this in the coming months and throughout production.

Last edited:
I’m with the $450 w no basic $300 one because there’s so many 3rd party companies out there. I think it’s safe to say that at least 80% of those who order the basic $300 would say “SEE YA” if Mars came out of nowhere with their 4 head sculpt version. If I remember correctly joost was screwed with the iron scavenger when another 3rd party announced theirs. I think that $300 version won’t sell if that happens. Remember hot toys tried it with the 1989 Batmobile too

JazzInc Dioramas

Admin
1m

Based on the feedback we will now produce and test out 4 different headsculpts for the clean and have you choose which three should be included in the end. We included the smiling headsculpt again in the line-up.

View attachment 721024
I'm not sure I like the gritted teeth expression.

The tongue out expression could work, but in its current state it's too aggressive. The brows could be more relaxed, the eyes half closed maybe, and the tongue doesn't need to stick out as much.

But even still, I would only use it for a picture or two, never to leave the box again.

@JazzInc I'd ditch 1 & 4, and keep 1 & 2 at a lower cost, or...

The sensible solution would be to use a single base sculpt for 1 & 2 since they're almost identical, with rolling eyes, and both smiling and neutral interchangeable mouthplates (and maybe even the gritted teeth expression as I don't think it warrants its own sculpt).

Last edited:
Hear me out. The 3 sculpt thing works better for battle damaged Selena.

It's clear the favor strongly leans for the 2 center sculpts for the clean version. But they're almost identical. Which takes us back to the alternative option.

Joost can have the best of both worlds, using different sculpts for the BD, and a single sculpt for the clean Catwoman with rolling eyeballs, and interchangeable mouthplates. It's a much better trade off (in terms of possibilities) than having 2 additional gritted teeth and tongue out sculpts (which seem forced, and could still be implemented as mouthplates for the single sculpt).

It makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
If I have to pick from the list, I’d say 2 and 4. 3 is too flat/plain. The licking head should be reserved for the deluxe. If it’s a clean deluxe: all 4, plus a new head that’s an action face. If it’s clean standard: just two.

For an action face, I meant something like the ones I attached. I know they’re not actual screen shots from the movie, (one is Tweeterhead statue and the other is the drawing) but she made this exact expression every time she used the whip and claws.

I mentioned this the other day. Two different head sculpts, one neutral, and one action face. It could be two faceplates with one head, if it’s easier for the makers.

One smirking expression and one action face for standard would be perfect, imo.

Attachments

• IMG_5545.jpeg
    IMG_5545.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5547.jpeg
    IMG_5547.jpeg
    783.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5548.jpeg
    IMG_5548.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 0
Lol this thing isn't going to be up for PO until next year at this rate
I mean, they really should focus on the clean version first. Battle damaged version can wait until next year or two. They already got the diorama done for the clean one. Just get the simple version done first! They’re doing too much at once with two versions.

If I have to pick from the list, I’d say 2 and 4. 3 is too flat/plain. The licking head should be reserved for the deluxe. If it’s a clean deluxe: all 4, plus a new head that’s an action face. If it’s clean standard: just two.

For an action face, I meant something like the ones I attached. I know they’re not actual screen shots from the movie, (one is Tweeterhead statue and the other is the drawing) but she made this exact expression every time she used the whip and claws.

I mentioned this the other day. Two different head sculpts, one neutral, and one action face. It could be two faceplates with one head, if it’s easier for the makers.

One smirking expression and one action face for standard would be perfect, imo.
Yes! A slight, sultry smirk and a playful, gleeful action smile. Those would be the winners. That would also capture the dichotomy between her at the beginning of her character arc vs. the battle-damaged one showing her at the end of it.

Back