Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc Dioramas

Admin

A great idea from the legendary Sean Dabbs. For the third expression of the Catwoman figure we will try to combine the tongue-out for licking poses and a bird in mouth. What do you think?

447721245_849807403837403_7403901964881156341_n.jpg

447568836_849807423837401_7852549667049671680_n.jpg
Problem with these expressions is its running into the issue mentioned earlier in the thread. They're too extreme for those eyes.

She sort of just looks dead and staring blankly while sticking her tongue out and having a bird in her mouth. It doesn't match. It's like she's showing her tongue out to a doctor.

Hopefully moveable eyes is something they consider. Would help elevate some of this issue if we can move the eyes to look more up while positioning the head downward.

Problem with these expressions is its running into the issue mentioned earlier in the thread. They're too extreme for those eyes.

She sort of just looks dead and staring blankly while sticking her tongue out and having a bird in her mouth. It doesn't match. It's like she's showing her tongue out to a doctor.

Hopefully moveable eyes is something they consider. Would help elevate some of this issue if we can move the eyes to look more up while positioning the head downward.

Yeah, moveable eyes should help. I hope Joost is prototyping or testing that out at least.

Tbh, I was fine with the first version of the third mouth plate they had with her puckering her lips and showing teeth. The expression wasn't as extreme as some suggestions with a full open mouth, so it had actually fit well with neutral eye expression as the other two mouth plates.

returns catwoman jazzinc face 3 teeth.jpg

jazzinc catwoman returns.png

I think for the super expressive open mouth plates would require multiple different headsculpts with various eye expressions (Which Joost said if we get way over 1000 preorders, he'd be able to add extra swap-out headsculpts and would be perfect for those expressions in Evil_Deadite's post above).

I don't like that head at all. Oddly bucked-toothed, her usually full upper lip is thinned out -- not sure if she's trying to speak or what.

More frown or more smile is needed at the corners of her mouth to indicate her attitude.

Yeah it doesn't look like they accurately modeled how her real teeth looks there. I think they could have iterated on that mouth plate though to make it look more like this.

Catwoman Returns teeth.jpg

looks fun to pose lol
Yea, I have a feeling this one will basically be a statue with the most you'll be able to get out of it will be the walking pose most statue companies go with. Pose at your own risk, especially if they really do go for the seamless body option as it'll have more friction on the suit than a plastic body would.

The suit material looks good. I assume extreme poses will start to stretch it…. But let’s see.

I think most people will pose her standing, legs apart, claws up OR ready to whip. That seems pretty standard.

Some will pose her lounging on a couch/sofa/settee.

The battle-damaged version will require a hunched, bent-leg pose though...

I'm sure the material will stretch out of shape just like the real vinyl did too.

Yeah I’m usually, I want 20 different heads, I love this character so much but if I had to choose just one it would probably be something like this …

IMG_5314.png

As it sells the character well but it’s subtle enough that it would work for a museum pose. Of course if the eyes were movable and Joost could do convincing face plates …

Back