Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't believe that Catwoman was made to 60k. Barely anyone is getting that figure or talking about it. What did Darth Vader and The Batman do then? 300k+...?

The initial tongue out face looked kinda weird to me and not much like Michelle, but the updated version in Sean's video is looking better and much more like MP. Photoshopped some eye placements (closed and looking up) to compare with the movie scene.

jazzinc batman returns catwoman tongue lick comp.jpg

I'm very excited for Sean.

I would use these TWO...

View attachment 706810

View attachment 706811
My sentiment exactly.
Saved those two pics to make the same exact post but I’m a few hours late.
If we could have only two, it should be those two.

Pleased to hear about the moveable eyes news. It’s best for Jazz to make a start of figuring out how to do them and how much it increases costs to best plan for future figures.

I always prefer real fabric clothing over sculpted plastic, even if parts end up slightly out of scale, so I’d prefer the corset not be a cast piece. Same with the boots.

The initial tongue out face looked kinda weird to me and not much like Michelle, but the updated version in Sean's video is looking better and much more like MP. Photoshopped some eye placements (closed and looking up) to compare with the movie scene.

View attachment 706859
Closed eyes would work really well with that head.
Jazz should go all out modular with removable mouth and eye plates.

I just don't believe that Catwoman was made to 60k. Barely anyone is getting that figure or talking about it. What did Darth Vader and The Batman do then? 300k+...?
I mean I see no reason for Joost to lie about those numbers. He would be in the know way more than anyone here. Plus, while she’s still available at Sideshow, she’s sold out at Alter Ego, waitlisted at Timewalker, and sold out at BBTS. And that’s just 3 US retailers. Doesn’t include the other US online stores or even brick and mortar stores that get some stock, not to mention world wide locations. Just b/c that figure is not popular here on the freaks board, doesn’t mean she isn’t selling.

EDIT: If what was previously said years ago about Black Widow being HT best seller had any truth to it, maybe collectors really like their women figures in skin tight outfits more than we actually realize :naughty:wacky:monkey5

EDIT 2: Not exactly the same, but I’ve noticed a lot of Asian collectors who got the JND Cavill Superman constantly comment on how well the butt is sculpted. Some even saying they don’t want to put the cape on b/c they don’t want to cover up the butt :lol so those guys must be into collecting for other reasons 👀

Last edited:
- Joost brought it up again the HT Anne Catwoman was in the 60,000 production range. HT only makes figures where the numbers makes sense for them., they have to make figures that they think will sell in the tens of thousands. Anything below 5-10,000 isn't considered an option.
Thanks for the recap. I still insist Joost has bad information on Hot Toys production numbers. They just sold a black/gold Iron Man repaint limited to 2,500 units, an Obi-Wan limited to 2,000, and an all-new Imperial Commando limited to 2,500. Artisan Joker was limited to 4,000. They’re not making 60,000 reissued Catwomen.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recap. I still insist Joost has bad information on Hot Toys production numbers. They just sold a black/gold Iron Man repaint limited to 2,500 units, an Obi-Wan limited to 2,000, and an all-new Imperial Commando limited to 2,500. Artisan Joker was limited to 4,000. They’re not making 60,000 reissued Catwomen.
Yea but he was probably speaking in terms of general, world wide mass released items and not exclusives like what you’ve mentioned. The ones you’ve mentioned are limited to a set number decided by HT themselves ahead of time rather than the market deciding and with the event exclusives already in production typically. So, yea, exclusive Mando-armor Obiwan was limited to 2k b/c that’s the amount HT ordered to be made. Not to mention, look at how fast those exclusives sell out. Whether it’s bots or not, they sell within the hour if not sooner usually at 2,000+ units. Now imagine that with the time of months on end for ppl to order. While HT figures are starting to hit waitlist sooner than later now more than before, they’re still usually open for PO for a good couple of months at the very least and up to HK release at the most.

Last edited:
Any idea when this will be up, or did I somehow miss the window? This is one of my biggest grail items.

Those examples are "extremely limited" releases that sell out in under 30 minutes. Some to drive hype and the Artisan to keep numbers lower to get them out completely in a decent time frame.

Catwomen was up for preorder for at least a year, if not longer. With this being a worldwide release with countless avenues to purchase, and from a very popular franchise, 60,000 units to me is not farfetched.

Batman, Superman, Ironman would easily be over 100,000 units each. A few years ago there were talks that Ironman MK50 had 100's thousands of units made.

Yea but he was probably speaking in terms of general, world wide mass released items and not exclusives like what you’ve mentioned. The ones you’ve mentioned are limited to a set number decided by HT themselves ahead of time rather than the market deciding and with the event exclusives already in production typically. So, yea, exclusive Mando-armor Obiwan was limited to 2k b/c that’s the amount HT ordered to be made. Not to mention, look at how fast those exclusives sell out. Whether it’s bots or not, they sell within the hour if not sooner usually at 2,000+ units. Now imagine that with the time of months on end for ppl to order. While HT figures are starting to hit waitlist sooner than later now more than before, they’re still usually open for PO for a good couple of months at the very least and up to HK release at the most.
Those examples are "extremely limited" releases that sell out in under 30 minutes. Some to drive hype and the Artisan to keep numbers lower to get them out completely in a decent time frame.

Catwomen was up for preorder for at least a year, if not longer. With this being a worldwide release with countless avenues to purchase, and from a very popular franchise, 60,000 units to me is not farfetched.

Batman, Superman, Ironman would easily be over 100,000 units each. A few years ago there were talks that Ironman MK50 had 100's thousands of units made.
You guys are right that those are “limited exclusives” and only the US numbers, but we know the Hong Kong numbers too (I believe they’re roughly the same). I used those as examples since it’s all we have numbers for. But if they only think they can sell 4,000 (let’s call it 8,000 with Hong Kong) rooted hair Ledger Jokers…I just don’t think they’re making 60,000 Hathaway Catwoman reissues.

- 22 Catwoman - Joost already has it in the list with WB, all they have to do is approach Zoe Kravitz for approval.

- 5 to 8 weeks till pre-order launch event for Returns Catwoman, and this is where Joost will reveal the last 89 Batmobile "extra thing" we'll be getting that he wants to surprise us with.

You guys are right that those are “limited exclusives” and only the US numbers, but we know the Hong Kong numbers too (I believe they’re roughly the same). I used those as examples since it’s all we have numbers for. But if they only think they can sell 4,000 (let’s call it 8,000 with Hong Kong) rooted hair Ledger Jokers…I just don’t think they’re making 60,000 Hathaway Catwoman reissues.
When it comes to the artisan releases, I don’t think it’s about how many the can sell, but more about how many they can actually/realistically produced given how much product they already have in the pipeline and continue to release.

Unlike InArt who releases and revealed just a hand full of figures a year, HT can reveal a new figure almost weekly. I think it was said that InArt produced about 20k TDK Jokers all together, if I remember correctly and that was also considered small compared to HT numbers based on the talk at the time.

While I’m sure there are a number of factors when I comes to the artisan tag line and their limited numbers, including fomo, you have to remember, HT is playing catch up when it comes to mass producing quality rooted hair vs the previous “Barbie” hair while InArt already had that in their plans from the get go.

If anything, it would be better to compare mass releases rather than limited numbered pieces like exclusives and artisan numbers.

For arguments sake, even if it’s not the 60k number, I’d wager her numbers are also nowhere near as low as the limited exclusive numbers. As niche as we like to believe this hobby is, especially with our bubble here on the freaks board where we tend to think we make up a majority, we have to remember that there are billions of ppl in the world. Sure, they aren’t all collecting this stuff, but I doubt that there are less than 60k 1/6 collectors in the entire world

I get what you are saying, but they aren't doing that number of Ledger Jokers based off what they can sell. They are doing that number based off what they can produce in a timely manner. That's why it was limited. No way they are going to chance pushing this figure out in more time than it took InArt.

InArt sold over 10,000 Ledger Jokers with very limited access to place an order, only having it licensed in a couple places, and being a brand new 1/6 company.

Hot Toys is huge in comparison and beloved by many with a "cult" following. They would sell 5-10x's that amount even after the other companies put the same figure up. Without the competition, the number they may have sold would have been unlimited if the price was 100-150 less. They could have never produced all of those with this type of hair in under 2 years.

There two biggest markets are probably the US and China. China has around 1.5 billion people. US has over 300 million. It's not hard to believe they sold 30K in the US, 20K in China, and 10K to the rest of the world. That's only .0001% of the US population and .000013% of Chinese population. 6.3 billion left in the world making that around .0000016% for the rest of the market.

When it comes to the artisan releases, I don’t think it’s about how many the can sell, but more about how many they can actually/realistically produced given how much product they already have in the pipeline and continue to release.

Unlike InArt who releases and revealed just a hand full of figures a year, HT can reveal a new figure almost weekly. I think it was said that InArt produced about 20k TDK Jokers all together, if I remember correctly and that was also considered small compared to HT numbers based on the talk at the time.

While I’m sure there are a number of factors when I comes to the artisan tag line and their limited numbers, including fomo, you have to remember, HT is playing catch up when it comes to mass producing quality rooted hair vs the previous “Barbie” hair while InArt already had that in their plans from the get go.

If anything, it would be better to compare mass releases rather than limited numbered pieces like exclusives and artisan numbers.

For arguments sake, even if it’s not the 60k number, I’d wager her numbers are also nowhere near as low as the limited exclusive numbers. As niche as we like to believe this hobby is, especially with our bubble here on the freaks board where we tend to think we make up a majority, we have to remember that there are billions of ppl in the world. Sure, they aren’t all collecting this stuff, but I doubt that there are less than 60k 1/6 collectors in the entire world
😂 I like how we basically summarized the same exact long response. I started mine earlier than I posted but had to pause to get my kids in bed, so I hadn't seen yours yet.

- 22 Catwoman - Joost already has it in the list with WB, all they have to do is approach Zoe Kravitz for approval.

- 5 to 8 weeks till pre-order launch event for Returns Catwoman, and this is where Joost will reveal the last 89 Batmobile "extra thing" we'll be getting that he wants to surprise us with.

That makes me very happy!

Michelle and now Zoe, finally some quality non Hathaway Catwoman figures on the horizon.

Back