Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s going to be a clean figure and a battle damaged version offered as individual releases so you can just opt for the BD set.

It’s unlikely the BD head will come with the clean figure.
I def want the clean set, but I'd love to be able to purchase the BD head without purchasing a whole other set. Sadly, I'll only have room for 1 Catwoman on the shelf.

I can’t see myself ever using the tongue out head. Fitting to the character sure, but just would look odd on display in my opinion.
Same. I think that tongue out sculpt will be destined to sit in the box for most collectors.

For the standard version, please seriously consider going with:

Neutral expression
Smile/Smirk
Gritted Teeth

or

Smile/Smirk
Open mouth smile
Gritted teeth

Well, to be honest, I’ve been a collector since 2014 and I’ve been a member of this forum for just as long, but I was not prepared for the onslaught when I did that announcement video. And, I think the Photoshop and calipers and molecules thing is not an overstatement. 😂 I was not expecting such a big difference between the vehicle crowd and the figure crowd since they are both 1/6 scale collectors.

We are an odd bunch indeed.

dj-storytime-flr.gif

Same. I think that tongue out sculpt will be destined to sit in the box for most collectors.

For the standard version, please seriously consider going with:

Neutral expression
Smile/Smirk
Gritted Teeth

or

Smile/Smirk
Open mouth smile
Gritted teeth
Tongue out sculpt is why I would buy it. Great display beside stoic Keaton Batman

I still don't see how a tongue out sculpt will translate well from a staticly posed figure. It doesn't even translate well from a static image (above) of the scene.

If you'd never seen the film, that image would probably have you scratching your head as to what she's actually doing.

If the figure is posed this way, it'll just look like her tounge is glued to her hand for no apparent reason...

Yeah, agreed. Even a still image of her with her tongue out looks goofy. I guess different strokes for different folks. To me when you’re seeing it in motion and it’s a few seconds or whatever it’s different versus displaying a figure constantly like that.

C'mon now, we both know majority of that shot has her with eyes closed.

She's also laying/sitting during the scene, not standing, and most people will have their figure standing. So standing, tongue out, eyes open, does not end up resembling an iconic expression for the character unfortunately.

Tongue out is viable if incorporated into a completely separate head sculpt with closed eyes, and if the figure can be posed in a cat-like lounge pose, and has something to lounge upon.

Last edited:
That still above is misleading, since the majority of her "bath" she has her eyes closed... except for the quick flash when that still was taken.
Meh.. regardless. That’s me though. At least it’s not going to be the only sculpt.

I suppose if its included in a 3x heads DX version for more money, that's fine and a bonus.

I'll just take the regular 2x heads (without tongue) for the lower price.

C'mon now, we both know majority of that shot has her with eyes closed.

She's also laying/sitting during the scene, not standing, and most people will have their figure standing. So standing, tongue out, eyes open, does not end up resembling an iconic expression for the character unfortunately.

Tongue out is viable if incorporated into a completely separate head sculpt with closed eyes, and if the figure can be posed in a cat-like lounge pose, and has something to lounge upon.

I mean that scene still happened regardless, her eyes are wide opened with her tongue out. It shouldn't be discredited just because of its length. Whether or not it's a good looking expression to replicate is subjective, and I agree I think it works better with her eyes closed, but that was never going to be an option for the first basic preorder version. Also the below scene capture of unmasked Catwoman that Sean Dabbs did a painting of is great and I don't think many people would be complaining if this is the unmasked head sculpt we get (if they make one), but this scene itself in the movie of her unmasked doing this particular face and open pouty lips is also very very short. But I wouldn't say no to this headsculpt just because it had a short screen time.

sean dabbs catwoman returns catwoman_end_scene_by_sean_dabbs_fx_df9zfh1-fullview (1).jpg

I was fine with the previous "third mouth plate" even if it still needed some work, and didn't bother doing any suggestions for a whole new plate. But on facebook there were a lot of people saying the third mouth plate needs to be more out there and less like the others, and the tongue out / licking request got many votes. Even on here some people wanted the more crazy looking scowling open mouth plates, but they didn't fit the eye expression for the figure, so I can see why Jazzinc ended up with their choice. There's just no way for Jazzinc to satisfy everyone in this regard. We just gotta hope the pre-order numbers go crazy so Joost can add more swappable headsculpts.

Personally I would have preferred if they reworked the previous third mouth plate to this which still fits with the neutral eye expression.

catwoman returns vlcsnap-2024-06-10-16h49m26s572.jpg

Attachments

• catwoman returns vlcsnap-2024-06-10-16h35m34s428.jpg
    catwoman returns vlcsnap-2024-06-10-16h35m34s428.jpg
    938.7 KB · Views: 0
Personally I would have preferred if they reworked the previous third mouth plate to this which still fits with the neutral eye expression.

View attachment 707219
Same. I actually have a feeling this (basically the same as "Meow") was what Sean Dabbs was going for, but it hadn't been refined enough. It reminded me more of Angelina Jolie for some reason.

Back