Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three full sculpts, zero moveable or removeable parts. Eyes painted fixed in different positions on each sculpt, same goes for mouth expressions, locked into a specific eye position, this is what they voted on.

Confused by this as well. I thought the plan was to have 2 eye pieces, one for normal and one for battle damage. Then have 3 swappable mouth pieces for each? Is it now down to just 1 sculpt for the normal and 1 sculpt for the battle damage?

PhaFpZu.jpeg
There was a vote in the group on separate rolling eyes vs extra separate headsculpts, which would have different eye posistions/expressions. Extra headsculpts won by a decided majority, but I assumed when I voted (and I think a lot of people did) that meant three separate headsculpts for the eyes AND the swappable mouth plates Joost had been talking about since this was announced.
But now it's sounding like he's ditching the plan for separate mouth plates? I like the neutral mouth, but I might want the eyes looking up instead of straight ahead. I might want a smile with the eyes looking up. I...honestly don't give a rat's ass about the tongue, but if the bird mouth plan is still a go, I might want her eyes looking straight ahead instead of up. Like I said before, I want options for varying the expressions. I don't think half the people who voted for multiple headsculpts over moving eyes would have done so, had we all been told that the options were moving eyes and swapppable mouthplates or three heads with only three possible expressions.

There was a vote in the group on separate rolling eyes vs extra separate headsculpts, which would have different eye posistions/expressions. Extra headsculpts won by a decided majority, but I assumed when I voted (and I think a lot of people did) that meant three separate headsculpts for the eyes AND the swappable mouth plates Joost had been talking about since this was announced.
But now it's sounding like he's ditching the plan for separate mouth plates? I like the neutral mouth, but I might want the eyes looking up instead of straight ahead. I might want a smile with the eyes looking up. I...honestly don't give a rat's ass about the tongue, but if the bird mouth plan is still a go, I might want her eyes looking straight ahead instead of up. Like I said before, I want options for varying the expressions. I don't think half the people who voted for multiple headsculpts over moving eyes would have done so, had we all been told that the options were moving eyes and swapppable mouthplates or three heads with only three possible expressions.
That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you for days now. It was never the better option. It just makes sense to do this with a similar technique Hot Toys does with their Batman sculpts, it costs more, but is more sufficient.

That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you for days now. It was never the better option.
By the time I voted, it was already overwhelmingly decided, but thanks for trying to tell me specifically, bud. Doesn't change **** now, and it wouldn't have changed **** then, either.

By the time I voted, it was already overwhelmingly decided, but thanks for trying to tell me specifically, bud. Doesn't change **** now, I guess.
I was only referring to here, I don’t visit FB man so I never got to vote but it sounds like it was a landslide anyways. I just don’t get the whole voting thing, it’s your company, how do you envision these? Can you produce them to match the market and stay faithful to the source material they’re from? If so what’s there to vote on, make an executive decision and proceed with your figures how you please. But keep in mind HT 2.0 Keaton was $279 with rolling eyes and 3 mouthplates.

Last edited:
I honestly voted for movable eyes, but changed my vote when I saw that it was like 80% to 12% and didn't matter. I had considered the option for "Increased costs to add both" but that didn't make any sense, since Joost had been talking about swappable mouth plates for weeks, and voting for that wouldn't have done any damn good by then, anyway.

I'm pretty sure the majority of folks who voted was under the assumption that it was the original plan of 2 eye plates with 6 mouth pieces, not just 2 static sculpts in total.

If the option is now 2 sculpts or 2 sculpts with moveable eyes but increased cost, I'm sure most will go for movable eyes. The original poll made it sound like there would be additional expressions.

I'm pretty sure the majority of folks who voted was under the assumption that it was the original plan of 2 eye plates with 6 mouth pieces, not just 2 static sculpts in total.

If the option is now 2 sculpts or 2 sculpts with moveable eyes but increased cost, I'm sure most will go for movable eyes. The original poll made it sound like there would be additional expressions.
I think now it's actually six static sculpts in total, but that still sucks. And like I said, I assumed the vote was for three headsculpts and three different mouth plates.

It seems impossible to tool both swapable eye plates and mouth plates at the same time seamlessly onto this foundation.

IMG_2108.jpeg

It seems impossible to tool both swapable eye plates and mouth plates at the same time seamlessly onto this foundation.

View attachment 711295
No I mean I thought the original plan was for the normal sculpt to have 1 eye plate and 3 mouth pieces. The battle damage would have it's own eye plate and 3 mouth pieces as well. The poll made it seem like there would be extra sculpts, whether mouth or otherwise, instead of moveable eyes.

I'm misunderstanding Joost's recent post, which I think is saying that it's still just 2 eye plates but unknown total of mouth pieces? I voted for moveable eyes. Taking the current concept of 2 eye plates with 6 mouth pieces but moveable eyes on both. Similar to what we get with Hot Toys Batman figures.

No I mean I thought the original plan was for the normal sculpt to have 1 eye plate and 3 mouth pieces. The battle damage would have it's own eye plate and 3 mouth pieces as well. The poll made it seem like there would be extra sculpts, whether mouth or otherwise, instead of moveable eyes.

I'm misunderstanding Joost's recent post, which I think is saying that it's still just 2 eye plates but unknown total of mouth pieces? I voted for moveable eyes. Taking the current concept of 2 eye plates with 6 mouth pieces but moveable eyes on both. Similar to what we get with Hot Toys Batman figures.
The orginal plan was for one heasculpt per version and three swappable mouth plates for each. Joost's post says there will now be two to three static headsculpts for each version and makes it sound like they will not only have static eyes but static mouths, as well. No more mouth plates, it seems.

The orginal plan was for one heasculpt per version and three swappable mouth plates for each. Joost's post here makes it sound like there will now be two to three static headsculpts with static eyes and static mouths.
Okay so I'm not misunderstanding it. :lol That's why I asked if the plan has now changed to just being 2 static sculpts in total, with no swappable mouth pieces at all. Which at that point, moveable eyes should be considered if we're losing the 6 mouth pieces. The option is now 2 static sculpts or 2 static sculpts with moveable eyes but increased cost, which I would vote for.

Okay so I'm not misunderstanding it. :lol That's why I asked if the plan has now changed to just being 2 static sculpts in total, with no swappable mouth pieces at all. Which at that point, moveable eyes should be considered if we're losing the 6 mouth pieces. The option is now 2 static sculpts or 2 static sculpts with moveable eyes but increased cost, which I would vote for.
Right? Nowhere here does it convey anything abandoning the plan for swappable mouth plates. It's very focused on the eyes.
1719946514850.png

Mouth plates are still in the plans, people wouldn’t be raving about the tongue if they weren’t. When you mentioned eye plates I thought people on FB were asking Joost for a Mafex.

One: this doesn't read like swappable mouth plates are still planned.
View attachment 711299
Two: when I expressed dismay that it sounded like separate mouth plates were no longer planned, you were all "We tried to tell you for weeks."
That sounds like a solid sculpt featuring no parts, yes, he should clarify. I thought the same, however seeing the photo Holo recently posted I see that mouth plates are still featured in his renders, unless he plans those all to be fixed sculpts.

That sounds like a solid sculpt featuring no parts, yes, he should clarify. I thought the same, however seeing the photo Holo recently posted I see that mouth plates are still featured in his renders, unless he plans those all to be fixed sculpts.
Those are old renders.

Back