Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is that right, there's no VAT/import tax via KIT for UK peeps? I'd also be interested to know which site works out cheapest overall.
I’ve never paid VAT/Import fees from Kit, KgHobby, GunDamit, or ToysBuyingAgent. (Toys Wonderland also evaded them if you’re one of the lucky few to actually have your figure dispatched.)

OSK is likely to be the best option unless GunDamit can offer this since they somehow manage to have really cheap shipping.
Pretty sure we'll have to pay VAT on it now. Before Brexit would have been fine but we gave up free trade and countless benefits to 'get our country back'. :slap
Nope.
Brexit didn’t actually impact buying from Hong Kong resellers at all since they’re happy to lie on the customs declaration form.
It just completely closed off trade potential with our closest neighbouring countries. Gooooo sovereignty!
The biggest hit to importing figures was Covid, which allowed shipping companies to double their prices and never reduce them.
How awesome would it be if he threw on 1 extra head sculpt for the basic version... I can see this being tricky as he'd have to even out the value across all skus to make it fair.

Highly doubt it'd happen anyway.
Anything added to the single would have to be added to the deluxe as well.
I’d expect any add-ons to be reserved for deluxe customers- as a potential tactic to have people switch their standard orders to dx.

Yeah, a different diorama for the battle damaged would've been a good idea.
It’s still a good idea.

We don’t know what Joost has up his sleeve. But we do know he’s gotten DeVito’s approval and plans to make a ‘92 Penguin. That’ll have a diorama base as well.

There’s no reason Joost couldn’t design a base for Pengy’s lair that would also accommodate the BD Catwoman. In fact I’d bet on him doing that.

Z

It’s still a good idea.

We don’t know what Joost has up his sleeve. But we do know he’s gotten DeVito’s approval and plans to make a ‘92 Penguin. That’ll have a diorama base as well.

There’s no reason Joost couldn’t design a base for Pengy’s lair that would also accommodate the BD Catwoman. In fact I’d bet on him doing that.

Z
I think he and Dabbs already hinted at that in the livestream.

Fortunately the Penguin preorder should be a lot more straightforward. Just the basic version with the figure and one sculpt, and a Deluxe with multiple sculpts and diorama base... which will hopefully cost less than this current deluxe.

He was mentioned as a possibility along with Vicki Vale, Alfred and Bob the Goon.
I can't believe there hasn't been a licensed 1/6 Christopher Walken already.

I'd absolutely love to see a 1/6 version of him as the Headless Horseman, with rooted hair!

1729269399571.png

I think the reason it's being offered like this is...

1 - give people the option of spending as little money as possible - basic
2 - having the vast majority of a complete version - deluxe
3 - going all out and having every single item - 2 pack

I would have gone for a deluxe if it had the backdrop as well and maybe even paid a bit more than the current deluxe for it too, because that added cost would actually be visible with the backdrop on show. As it stands I'd be paying an extra $163 to have 2 cats and a newspaper on display. I know there would be 2 full heads and a whip left in the box, but I wouldn't be seeing that extra value on the shelf.
This. Hell Here with the clean DX and the two-pack. No point in including it for the BD version, as it doesn't fit that look.

I, too, wouldn't have minded the sting of a higher price-point with the LED-lit Hell Here dio being included--I could more easily justify it. As it is currently, the basic is literally so bare-bones that the asking price is slightly insulting. The Deluxe is literally just ONE single head-sculpt extra (Meow) that I don't hate (Tongue, boo), so that price-jump ain't worth it to me. I only like one sculpt on the BD (Snarl). So, again, two pack just. Ain't. Worth it. I cannot justify these prices when I look and only see (1) addition that I actually would get ANYTHING out of for every bracket increase.

This. Hell Here with the clean DX and the two-pack. No point in including it for the BD version, as it doesn't fit that look.

I, too, wouldn't have minded the sting of a higher price-point with the LED-lit Hell Here dio being included--I could more easily justify it. As it is currently, the basic is literally so bare-bones that the asking price is slightly insulting. The Deluxe is literally just ONE single head-sculpt extra (Meow) that I don't hate (Tongue, boo), so that price-jump ain't worth it to me. I only like one sculpt on the BD (Snarl). So, again, two pack just. Ain't. Worth it. I cannot justify these prices when I look and only see (1) addition that I actually would get ANYTHING out of for every bracket increase.

So don’t buy anything.

Seems clear to me. Prices ain’t gonna change.

It's impossible to please everyone unfortunately. For every person who wants the dio and added cost, there are an equal (if not larger) number of people who don't want it. Maybe there should have been two separate dios? Personally, I never use them.

It's impossible to please everyone unfortunately. For every person who wants the dio and added cost, there are an equal (if not larger) number of people who don't want it. Maybe there should have been two separate dios? Personally, I never use them.
Then there should have been a standard with an extra head and a deluxe with everything. A bit more than the basic and a bit less than a 2 pack.

If HT did a BD T-800 and a Galeria T-800 and you could only get a great foundry diorama by getting both, people would be pissed.

Then there should have been a standard with an extra head and a deluxe with everything. A bit more than the basic and a bit less than a 2 pack.

If HT did a BD T-800 and a Galeria T-800 and you could only get a great foundry diorama by getting both, people would be pissed.
This person gets it!

Anyway, I think I'll go for the basic and use the Returns 2.0 deluxe base (yay, a deluxe with a dio!) with the cat head, so it looks like I got my moneys worth.

Last edited:
$130-150 more for two extra sculpts plus the cats and other little bits seems like a fair deal to me.

If you just want one extra head maybe get the DX, sell the spare head and you probably wont have spent much more than the price of the regular version.

I'm probably gonna get the Basic Clean, Meow head it's nice but I can live with the smile one I think, tongue one is meh tbh. The other add-ons are not something that I consider worth the extra price. So, the only thing I would like from the DX is the meow head and price difference is too much for only that.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think I'll go for the basic and use the Returns deluxe base (yay, a deluxe with a dio!) with the cat head, so it looks like I got my moneys worth.
That's a good idea, actually. Butttt. Looking at these two examples, it's like, guys. Come on. I know we can't expect Hot Toys level competitiveness here, buttttt:

Jazzinc Catwoman (Basic) - $379. One head-sculpt. Whip, Tazer, Snow Base.

vs.

Hot Toys Batman Returns Batman (Deluxe) - $340. Two head-sculpts. One unmasked/BD! A glider. An impressive base. Face plates. Multiple Accessories.

Both of these are BEFORE taxes, import costs, etc.

Do--do you see where I'm struggling with this? If the Basic was, let's say, $480, and included the Hell Here dio I wouldn't be nearly so harsh. But it feels, at least to me, that in trying to please everyone, Jazzinc came in to these threads and read whatever was the prevailing opinion of the moment (and you all know how fleeting the consensus could be), locked in on those, and here we are. Seems like he came in on a "The dio is too large! AXE IT!" moment.

Back