JND/Kojun Works - 1/6 Harry Potter Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the silicone ones looks pretty good I think, much better than their non-silicone efforts. The Quidditch one does look more off, someone on FB said looks like the owner of Toys Wonderland

Think the only one that has me saying “Wow” is the Hermione silicone version. Much better than INART in that area. The rest gives me the feeling that something is off.

Think I give the nod to Inart on Harry, but if a toss up on Ron and Hermoine to JND.

Don’t get a sense either one is more “alive”.

Quidditch version needs work and the Nimbus in particular should be redone.

Great time to be an HP though!

Think the only one that has me saying “Wow” is the Hermonio silicone version. Much better than INART in that area. The rest gives me the feeling that something is off.
Same. Hermione looks very realistic, but the others look so strange.
I do think JND’s hair is better. InArt had a custom artist do the hair on the prototypes (for Harry at least) so it won’t be on the same level with mass production.

And the worst thing for JND is that their much more expensive silicone version has a HS with less details than their PVC HS...
Look Hermione, for example: her dimples are less pronounced on the silicone version, and worse still, she's completely lost her freckles...
JND Comparo 05.png

It's the last straw for the much more expensive top-of-the-range version to have less detail on the face, and I'm not even talking about the dust that will stick to the sillicone face, a bit like on TBleague bodysuits.
PVC, when well made, is really the best option for 1/6 figures.

And the worst thing for JND is that their much more expensive silicone version has a HS with less details than their PVC HS...
Look Hermione, for example: her dimples are less pronounced on the silicone version, and worse still, she's completely lost her freckles...
View attachment 718749

It's the last straw for the much more expensive top-of-the-range version to have less detail on the face, and I'm not even talking about the dust that will stick to the sillicone face, a bit like on TBleague bodysuits.

Never owned or seen a silicone figure or statue irl. But apparently the reason they look flat in pictures is because it replicates human skin and needs lighting to shine through in order for the details to show. There are no shadows painted in like the pvc versions. So those look more detailed in pictures. Tempted to get these just to see what’s up. Jnd’s Joker is starting to look really good from all the leaks so who knows these might turn out excellent

Never owned or seen a silicone figure or statue irl. But apparently the reason they look flat in pictures is because it replicates human skin and needs lighting to shine through in order for the details to show. There are no shadows painted in like the pvc versions. So those look more detailed in pictures. Tempted to get these just to see what’s up. Jnd’s Joker is starting to look really good from all the leaks so who knows these might turn out excellent
All excuses are good for JND and their famous silicone 😁
The thing is that I think the possibilities on silicone are limited, and even more so on 1/6.

The lighting is the same on the 2 photos compared, and I don't think the PVC version has a bigger paint job for shading.
I feel more like they were able to sculpt more details on the PVC version like the more pronounced dimples, so the lighting does the shading work on its own.

And anyway, different lighting won't change the absence of Hermione's freckles on the silicone version.
These freckles are not present in any photos they are simply not there.

Silicone must be difficult to work with and must have its limitations, especially on this scale.

All excuses are good for JND and their famous silicone 😁
The thing is that I think the possibilities on silicone are limited, and even more so on 1/6.

The lighting is the same on the 2 photos compared, and I don't think the PVC version has a bigger paint job for shading.
I feel more like they were able to sculpt more details on the PVC version like the more pronounced dimples, so the lighting does the shading work on its own.

And anyway, different lighting won't change the absence of Hermione's freckles on the silicone version.
These freckles are not present in any photos they are simply not there.

Silicone must be difficult to work with and must have its limitations, especially on this scale.
Oh yeah, definitely skeptical on silicone. Looks softer for sure in the pictures, but that’s kind of the point to a degree. Maybe they will tweak the prototypes as they’re doing with joker.

I can imagine silicone being one material that actually looks better irl. Too bad I can’t preview it before buying. Because I am a person who doesn’t like to judge until I have experienced something myself.

And definitely skeptical on JND as a company, but Inart has disappointed me as a company on every release thus far as well so yeah can’t be much worse.

Totally the opposite for me.
InArts seem much more realistic.

The JNDs, in addition to having a less accurate sculpt, have a painting that gives them a wax doll appearance, and a pinkish skin tone that I don't like at all and which is in no way realistic.
JND's paint gives them a creepy look.

InArt in addition to having a much better Likeness, has a realistic painting and more details on the face and skin, the photos speak for themselves (Note that for Hermione the comparison is made with the 1st version of InArt, not the one they improved)
View attachment 718742View attachment 718743View attachment 718744

And above all, for InArt we know quality and we know that the Harry came out is exactly the same quality as the prototype.
For JND we have no idea what their mass production will look like

That's fair, I think it's great there's three options available for these, it's much nicer to be able to have your pick of preference. And in terms of 'copying', regardless of it not being so or so, I think it's much nice to have the choice at the same time rather than another companies 'improved' version much later and not being able to choose.

I can see the toss-ups between Ron and Harry, although my coin does land on JND (aside from Inart Ron, Harry and Hermione look unimpressed and joyless), JND Hermione absolutely wipes the floor with Inarts. JND hair overall is much more impressive, also. Regardless, Harry Potter fans be eating well!

Last edited:
Does InArt or JND have the better overall package (headsculpt and diorama aside) when it comes to accessories and tailoring?

I’m leaning towards InArt for Ron and Hermione. Although there are aspects of JND I think are better -for example, I like Hermione’s facial expression better on JND, more of grin and less sullen looking than InArt.

I PO’d InArt Harry last year.

The Hermoine is fantastic, both in silicone and plastic.

The Quidditch Harry costume looks great, that sculpt is worse than the plastic though. It looks like Daniel’s stunt double or something.

View attachment 718749

Never owned or seen a silicone figure or statue irl. But apparently the reason they look flat in pictures is because it replicates human skin and needs lighting to shine through in order for the details to show.
The light shining through would actually hide more detail than if it bounced off the material (like it would with something opaque). That's why the PVC Hermione appears to have a sharper sculpt.

Human skin is slightly translucent so you get subsurface scattering, where the light is absorbed a bit. It's quite noticeable on our ears since they're thin, but the effect is reduced on the rest of the body due to thicker layers of muscle, cartilage, bone, etc. And that's the problem with using semi-translucent silicone on a sculpt this small: every body part is thinner because of the small scale, not just the ears, so the light will refract through more of the face than it would in life-size.

There's a number of things JND can do to fix this: use a less-translucent silicone, use more paint in areas where refraction should be minimal (unless silicone doesn't take paint as well as PVC, which might explain why the freckles are fainter), or just stick with PVC.

Last edited:

Love how much fun they seem to be having with this.

I think smiling Harry looks a lot better in the video when showing the head articulation. REALLY looking forward to Snape most of all. However, I sort of have a feeling the next reveals will be in the order they mentioned, meaning Hagrid first, then Malfoy and Snape last.

Last edited:
If JND ever manages to announce a figure before InArt have already secured my order, I might actually ‘PRO-ORDER’ with them.

IMG_1239.jpeg

Hagrid has so much hair on and around his face, I just can’t see the necessity for silicone with him.
You can’t see his neck so a seam for articulation wouldn’t ever be noticed.

Back