JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It turned out really well, imo. This is one of my most anticipated statues. Felt like a very a long year and a half but It's a great feeling to finally see that "preparing for shipment" status. Can't wait to get this in.😃
1000004316.png

Hopefully I'll have my glass display case and display pedestal ready by the time this arrives.

Agreed cking, from the neck down it's perfection, so based on that alone it is hard to pass up on this version just because you're waiting for something potentially better to come along. That may happen of course, but even if it does happen it could be 10+ years down the line.
InArt’s Superman duo set is probably the next best candidate for a quality Reeve product.

But that’s for a much smaller 1/6 scale figure and the PO is not even up yet so a 2026 release date at the earliest.

the InArt proto from a few months ago left a lot to be desired but has a lot of potential - very similar to the JND set.

Agreed re: Clark's hat. First thing I'll do when I get mine is hit it will some dull coat to take off the shine. It's supposed to be a fur felt Fedora and should not be shiny like they've got it. That's about the only thing I could find fault with costume-wise on both. (Hope they don't make Indy's Fedora shiny too)!
I do think that Clark looks amazing though.
I'll definitely be repainting Indy's fedora when it arrives, based on the prototype. It's just the wrong color IMO.

Some people are saying there is only a 60% likeness on the Superman. I...just...do...not...understand these comments when it looks SO good to my eyes.

Attachments

• JND-Superman screencap.jpg
    JND-Superman screencap.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 0
I think it looks great, maybe a bit like he hasn’t slept, but it’s the closest well rounded package to date.

Perhaps Queen announces a 1:3 of their own that’ll compete, other than that, this is the one to purchase.

The duel pack looks exceptional,
mainly that Clark Kent and its tailoring,
congrats to those who ordered this, great piece.

Some people are saying there is only a 60% likeness on the Superman. I...just...do...not...understand these comments when it looks SO good to my eyes.
Well it is a little better than 60 but I agree with them. It is Reeve's stunt man. The statue just lacks everything which made Reeve Superman. There is no charm or expression here. Just an empty look on the face.

Back