John Locke Version III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just what i was about to say, bit more blending to dark brown/brown/grey on the eyebrows, and as per the other thread, bit more green in the eyes. Other than that, astounding work. Also reckon he'd look great with the beard work

That's what I'm talkin' about. ;) Boot, you may as well sell me one of your other versions since you won't be needing them.:D

Boot doesn't sell...I've tried. And tried. And tried...

But I can't wait to see where this head goes next. And more shots please!

That's a fraction of what many pros charge to paint a proto head for commercial work. It's actually a great price for this paint job, imo.

Andy's head is breathtaking in person. I was blown away by it when I first saw it. Add the paint job and that starting price sounds fair to me.

Last edited:
Considering the quality of the paint and the quality and rareness of the head... sounds fair to me.

Im not sure the sculpt is that rare i have 5 sitting on my shelf ready for paint. Im sure Boots sculpt will sell, its very well executed but for 200.00 both eyes better be the same size imo. :wacky

Both the sculpt and the paint apps are perfection so if boot can snag his two benjamins for it then I say more power to him.:cool:

May be it sells maybe it doesn't. I'll be just as happy to keep it.:D

I sell an occasional figure on ebay, so that I have money to enjoy my hobby.
I don't take commissions though I'm asked several times a day, some even say name your price.
Some here who have commented make a hell of alot more money doing this than I do, I say good for them.
I have always been happy to share any knowledge about how I go about painting with anyone who has asked. I wish more people would pick up a brush and try it. It's not rocket science! Infact some people here have contacted me through the years and use my methods to earn themselves a few bucks by taking commissions, more power to them.

May be it sells maybe it doesn't. I'll be just as happy to keep it.:D

I sell an occasional figure on ebay, so that I have money to enjoy my hobby.
I don't take commissions though I'm asked several times a day, some even say name your price.
Some here who have commented make a hell of alot more money doing this than I do, I say good for them.
I have always been happy to share any knowledge about how I go about painting with anyone who has asked. I wish more people would pick up a brush and try it. It's not rocket science! Infact some people here have contacted me through the years and use my methods to earn themselves a few bucks by taking commissions, more power to them.

I've tried it many times and I am simply not going to improve beyond awful. But I second what Boot says, because I have also tried sculpting, and while I'm never going to produce a sculpt that anyone would pay even five bucks for it's an absorbing activity that I always really enjoy - which is why other people should try it, and painting. You may never make any money from it, but it will still give you a level of enjoyment that is priceless. And who knows, you may uncover a real talent in yourself.

My final Locke paint up. Adjusted skin tone enhanced the eye scar.
364625548.jpg

That is absolutely insane. One of the best paint jobs I've ever seen.

Back