Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t recall ever having a movie experience like that. The cartoon scene? 🤯

Did I miss the post credit Rick Roll?

Rick Astley GIF

Probably dropped 1000 on the inart joker pack😂. Sheesh I do not envy those guys rn.

GET OUT OF THE SHOWER, Jye! Before someone offers you their friendship!

creepy smile GIF

I just saw this movie with my wife. I’m still in shock.. I don’t recall this movie being marketed as a musical?
lady Gaga.......

Cartoon scene...? Horrors of horrors...
the beginning is a really annoying cartoon sequence retelling the ending of the first one.
it's an annoying musical.

and I'll say. the musical numbers are actually kind of disgusting in context. they are actually sick and disgusting.
because you have this horrific jail. he's being treated like crap. it's a dark gross building, evil abusive cops.

and then you have this:

Best Friends Lol GIF by Moonbug

and someone could argue,
" but bro, the music scenes are his escape, that's the point, his reality is so awful, the musical scenes represent his inner peace and his love for Gaga. he finds some happiness with Gaga and the music represents this hope"

but it's not earned, it's ridiculous and annoying.
it's too disconnected from the rest of the movie.
it doesn't work because it's extremely annoying and arrogant. self indulgent.

it stops and ruins the pacing of the movie,

Skimmed through it.
Well that was completely pointless.
Disastrously bad. You could have shanked him at the end of the first film if that was where you wanted to take the character. Why the hell is this film two hours and twenty minutes? Way to go Todd, you went from putting out a billion dollar controversial Oscar winning film to throwing your name on a blacklist of directors, among the likes of David Gordon Green, pitiful.

Is jye getting "Brendan Gleesoned" by this film as we speak?
Sadly like me jye has to process what he saw and he probably took it harder then me. Probably laughing at the sky as we speak

Or

He probably loved it and doesn’t know how to tell us

Sadly like me jye has to process what he saw and he probably took it harder then me. Probably laughing at the sky as we speak

Or

He probably loved it and doesn’t know how to tell us
I thought about that.
he actually loves it and is afraid to show up here

or he's so furious he threw his phone in a sewer.
jye leaving joker
Vice Tv Laugh GIF by DARK SIDE OF THE RING

It’s just funny how transparent everything is with this.

Definitely reminds me of Rob Zombie but also David Gordon Green and Jamie Lee Curtis and how they view the world and its fans.

Making something then not liking when the fans form their own opinions about it or when fans are vocal about a direction they didn’t like that was chosen.

It’s clear these people only view us as a well to run to when they want to fund a lavish purchase or want their name in the press again, washing their hands when it’s convenient. What does this film, RZ Halloween II and Halloween Ends have in common? They all feature insufferable characters, lack a coherent and cohesive story w/o a single badass in sight, in short, a waste of time and undeserving of the IP.

What kid wants to dress up as jail bait that got shanked in prison this Halloween?
That’s our supervillain?

What if jye was so demoralized by the film that he cried, decided to stop being jye, and then was shivved on his way out of the theater? :oops:

just as long as the theater didn't have any cops ....o_O
It’s just funny how transparent everything is with this.

Definitely reminds me of Rob Zombie but also David Gordon Green and Jamie Lee Curtis and how they view the world and its fans.

Making something then not liking when the fans form their own opinions about it or when fans are vocal about a direction they didn’t like that was chosen.

It’s clear these people only view us as a well to run to when they want to fund a lavish purchase or want their name in the press again, washing their hands when it’s convenient. What does this film, RZ Halloween II and Halloween Ends have in common? They all feature insufferable characters, lack a coherent and cohesive story w/o a single badass in sight, in short, a waste of time and undeserving of the IP.

What kid wants to dress up as jail bait that got shanked in prison this Halloween?
That’s our supervillain?

matrix 4........

also when Radiohead made CREEP. the singer said that a lot of people in jail and killers and stuff sent him letters saying how much they loved creep. and he stopped playing it live.

who knows what crazy joker fan talked to the director of this movie. .......

That’s what happens when you put stuff out into the world. When you step out into the world you take all the possible risks along with that, but you do it anyway.

These people are scum, Phillips and Phoenix had no issues accepting awards, nor the billion it grossed.

Has the guy been living under a rock?
Did he not see how many have praised
Nicholson and Ledger, how many have shunned Leto?

He knew the fan base that came along with the character. He didn’t like them going into the first production but proceeded anyways because he couldn’t get his convoluted message funded through a genuine original script.

Has he been largely out of work since comic book films and horror took off in the early 2000’s post Hangover?

Between the two films it’s as if he’s making fun of those who are mentally ill, people into comic book film, horror, instead of attempting to shed light on their troubles.

Calling those who like the character mentally ill,
yet while being in an industry that profits the most off of characters with extreme character flaws.
Not everyone who likes The Joker or Michael Myers is into Ted Bundy or John Gacy. If you’re so appalled why shoot a scene where your main character stabs a guy in the neck and eye with a pair of scissors, or a depressingly drawn out prison shanking of your main character?

It’s like these people come up with the most depraved garbage, then accuse us of its existence.

deep down at its core this movie is like Ghostbusters 2
there's not much growth, take out the bells and whistles and on the plot itself, as far as character growth, there is none.

in character development, Ghostbusters 2 didn't have any character growth, they are just exactly where they were in Ghostbusters 1 in terms of being down on their luck, at the beginning of that movie.
they are low on money and went their different ways, they get together to investigate and catch ghosts, like a spiritual remake of Ghostbusters 1 as far as character growth...

with this joker they kind of play it safe in that way, there's no real continuation or growth from the first one, he's down on his luck, treated like crap. abused by the system around him.
no, I would say that this movie didn't take any real risks. it took risks in making it a musical and bringing Gaga
but it almost had the same character structure as the first.
In the context of what I was talking about- ghostbusters 2 is not a good reference. Ghostbusters 2 set out to be a safe satisfying sequel, similar in tone and general vibe as the first. A supernatural force will threaten to destroy the city and the ghostbusters will save the day. It was the exact opposite of risky. Taking an anti hero movie like joker and having the sequel be a musical that almost purposefully thumbs its nose at the first is a very nonintuitive decision. Wether or not the character growth was a retread of the first one is irrelevant to that. You can say having the same character growth was a bad decision, or making it a musical was a bad decision, or thumbing its nose at the first one and making it almost purposefully unsatisfying was a bad decision- but it is certainly bold and wildly outside the box from what anyone could imagine the sequel being. To say this movie didnt take risks is absolutely insane. The entire genre of the movie is a risk. If the creators just wanted to make money and satisfy their audience it would have gone a totally different direction but they clearly weren't interested in telling that kind of story. When you set out to make a sequel to joker and decide on it being a musical you know your already working uphill and the audience is going to fold its arms and doubt what you're trying to do. I didnt care for the movie but the spirit of the decision is what I'm saying I appreciate. Especially in todays movie climate where anything close to that almost never happens. I want to see more of these kinds of risky decision in movies. Not all movies need to be like this, but we need some. Most will fail, but the ones that dont will truly leave an impact.

Back