Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Limited Edition: 2000 :cuckoo: "LIMITED"

Yeah, thats still a fairly low number. There is what, nearly 7 billion people on this planet and only 1,250 will own the EX Joker (or EX Vader there). Heck, over 120,000 people go to SDCC. Thats not even 1/10th of the attendance to that event. 1,250/2,000 might not seem like a low edition size compaired to, say, PZ's 100, but there are a lot more DC fans out there than Dead fans. As with the SW pieces, they have lots of fans too and even at 2,000 they still command decent aftermarket prices. The Joker will hold his value and then some most likely.

Again, are you collecting because you actually want the item or just want the item for its potential worth? Even a highly limited turd would still be a turd. These should be enjoyed, not scalped.

The first Statue has paint on the bottom and the box looks like someone kicked it.
The second isn't the EX
The Third is a 1:6th figure
The fourth is not the EX

Wasn't talking about the Ex, reg is fine and a little paint on it's definitely fixable.

this is off topic but...:wink1::wink1:
i think that sideshow will wait till joker is released in order to check the demand for dc statues.then she will announce batman.joker is a good way for fishing !if joker isnt sold out when he is shipping or 2 weeks after i dont think ss will ever make 1250 exclusives

I dont mind the high es I would just like the insurance that if hard times hit my house I can get back what I paid for this statue but with a high es might mean barely being able to break even!

I didn't buy this to flip, I love this thing. But I do cringe at 1,250. The only reason I can comfortably collect these things is because if things ever get tight, I know I can always get my money back at least after resale.

I don't think I will ever lose money on this piece if I have to sell it, but Sideshow needs to strike a balance between one-time sales and long-term reputation as a manufacture of collectibles that appreciate in value.

I dont mind the high es I would just like the insurance that if hard times hit my house I can get back what I paid for this statue but with a high es might mean barely being able to break even!

I didn't buy this to flip, I love this thing. But I do cringe at 1,250. The only reason I can comfortably collect these things is because if things ever get tight, I know I can always get my money back at least after resale.

I don't think I will ever lose money on this piece if I have to sell it, but Sideshow needs to strike a balance between one-time sales and long-term reputation as a manufacture of collectibles that appreciate in value.

:goodpost::hi5:

Even with 1250 es,it was sold out in less than a day.that means something!

how do you know it's soldout, just because sideshow's website say it's soldout? :slap

is this your first sideshow statue? that would explain things.

:exactly: low ES's gives a little extra value to a whole line imho.

how do you know it's soldout, just because sideshow's website say it's soldout? :slap

is this your first sideshow statue? that would explain things.

Is this YOUR first statue? :lol If the site says its sold out, then it IS sold out until people start canceling orders. But its a safe bet this won't be coming back in stock ever.

But 1,250 sold in less than 24 hours does indeed say something about how popular this was!

if SS decides to make 2000 regular Joker's, i think i'm going to cancel my order and just buy one in the secondary market. that makes the total to about 3250 Joker's.

i'm from california and paying another $30-$40 in tax isn't ideal if i can find one cheaper in the secondary market. considering the size of the production, im fairly confident collectors can find one of these for less than retail for the time being until they dry up.

Damn sucks to see they are making such a large production. I hope they don't do the same with Batman. They should have kept the production to the #s of the latest PFs

if SS decides to make 2000 regular Joker's, i think i'm going to cancel my order and just buy one in the secondary market. that makes the total to about 3250 Joker's.

i'm from california and paying another $30-$40 in tax isn't ideal if i can find one cheaper in the secondary market. considering the size of the production, im fairly confident collectors can find one of these for less than retail for the time being until they dry up.

That is only a FRACTION of the Heath Ledger Jokers out there. Just over 3,000 is NOT that huge like everyone is thinking.

Damn sucks to see they are making such a large production. I hope they don't do the same with Batman. They should have kept the production to the #s of the latest PFs

Batman will be even larger. He's Batman :dunno

Sounds like a good plan, especially since the Reg head > Ex head and the ES is so high. This will probably go back on 2nd chance too anyways.

Back