Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

It sold out just after 6pm Sideshow time (about 16 hours after it went up for PO). They normally have a portion of the initial TBD edition size set to cater for waitlists so I think you're in pretty good shape bro.

I just checked my order time: Friday 2:10PM Eastern. That would have made it 11:10AM Sideshow time. So now I'm really confused. :lol But I'm hopeful that it'll convert.

I don't plan on fully getting back into the PF game, but I'll be happy with Joker, Bats and Superman.

batman-dcdirect-joker-quarter-scale-museum-quality-statue.jpg

This hurts my eyes.

The SS piece is the bomb! I can't wait!

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I actually feel sorry for people who bought that, thinking it was the best of that kind of statue in that kind of scale that they were ever gonna get. Oh, well. C'est la vie.

Yeah me too, I thought about that statue too :slap

this one is just awesome and a classic interpretation. Do you reckon he will be done again in PF or from now on just 1/6 fully sculpted statues and busts, a 1:1 bust and maybe a legendary scale figure?

tumblr_ljytnzPISy1qftx9wo1_500.jpg

I mean Joker has got SOME other outfits, the big purple coat and that Hawaiian shirt from The Killing Joke but would enough people buy another PF of that? I would guess no and that more niche versions of the Joker would be explored in smaller scale and be fully sculpted.

I actually feel sorry for people who bought that, thinking it was the best of that kind of statue in that kind of scale that they were ever gonna get. Oh, well. C'est la vie.

I almost ended buying that Joker DC Direct statue but the clothes were very badly crafted on the piece that I saw in a comic shop. I am so happy that I didn't pull the trigger on that inferior Joker :dance

Yeah it sold out pretty quick but I think for those who haven't yet order the regular should order before it also sells out. I was lucky to get the ex right when it went on sale but I think the regular is just as good.

This pf is going to go up in price once it release especially since ppl will want to pose him with a batman pf IMo

There are several stores selling the reg at a significant discount off retail too. If you want to display the reg head, that's probably the way to go.

Well, the most another retailer can discount is 10%. Sideshow gives you 5% in reward points, so that really cuts it down to 5 ($17.50 or so in the best case scenario). At that point, with Sideshow you get the best customer service there is for collectibles, and apparently a discounted shipping cost because of Sideshow's deal with UPS (I always thought Sideshow's shipping costs were low for what we were getting). Add in the fact that the Ex. (that I have zero doubt you could get if you jumped on the waiting list now) is essentially thrown in for free with the Sideshow statue--even if you don't plan on displaying it--and the Sideshow option don't seem so bad to me.

And considering the QC issues Sideshow has had with some of their recent pieces, that might be reason enough to want to buy through Sideshow in case you need a replacement.

I do hear some can avoid large taxes if they get it from elsewhere, I think that's why they said it was worth it.

Well, the most another retailer can discount is 10%. Sideshow gives you 5% in reward points, so that really cuts it down to 5 ($17.50 or so in the best case scenario). At that point, with Sideshow you get the best customer service there is for collectibles, and apparently a discounted shipping cost because of Sideshow's deal with UPS (I always thought Sideshow's shipping costs were low for what we were getting). Add in the fact that the Ex. (that I have zero doubt you could get if you jumped on the waiting list now) is essentially thrown in for free with the Sideshow statue--even if you don't plan on displaying it--and the Sideshow option don't seem so bad to me.

And considering the QC issues Sideshow has had with some of their recent pieces, that might be reason enough to want to buy through Sideshow in case you need a replacement.

I'll always take the 10% now instead of the 5% later. Obviously, if it's an exclusive that I like then I'll go with SSC.

The game changer is the QC, especially paint applications which makes me reconsider everything. :lol

It seems like significant discounts will only be available from those who bought and are looking to dump it at a loss (personal emergencies, etc). For those who wait to take advantage of that kind of situation, the statue might become available at the cheap prices they're looking for.

Not even near as appealing if you factor in CA sales tax. :lol

Back