Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Yeah.... just a few days after it sold out.

What Sexy said. Also ignore the annoying emails from Sideshow asking you to cancel your wait list order and order the regular. I missed the Exclusive Commander Bly when he was up for preorder and jumped on the wait list. I received no less than 5 emails from Sideshow asking me to cancel the wait list and order the regular or I "might miss out." Needless to say, I ignored them, my wait list converted and Ex Bly arrived last week. :lol

I wouldn't worry about it until it gets closer to shipping.

What Sexy said. Also ignore the annoying emails from Sideshow asking you to cancel your wait list order and order the regular. I missed the Exclusive Commander Bly when he was up for preorder and jumped on the wait list. I received no less than 5 emails from Sideshow asking me to cancel the wait list and order the regular or I "might miss out." Needless to say, I ignored them, my wait list converted and Ex Bly arrived last week. :lol

Thanks guys, good stuff to know. I think with this PF that the EX is the one to get.

Please God don't let this piece get Whammy Burgered like the Rogue PF. :pray:

whammy-burger-falling-down-small.png

r-FAST-FOOD-EXPECTATIONS-large570.jpg

Hopefully the Rogue fiasco isn't a sign of where SSC QC standards are going.

They better not pull that kind of ____ on the 1st DC product they've produced, especially that product being Joker. :lecture

My order from SS says item shipping soon. That can't possibly be right can it? It's got an estimated release date of 2nd quarter of 2012 :dunno

My order from SS says item shipping soon. That can't possibly be right can it? It's got an estimated release date of 2nd quarter of 2012 :dunno

Its not right but no worries. Its because of the NRD. It might fall off, if it doesnt you can contact SS if you need to cancel it.

Hopefully the Rogue fiasco isn't a sign of where SSC QC standards are going.

I think it's a little too early to be upgrading the DEFCON warning. I mean we all know SSC's is rather hit or miss with paint apps and it's not just female characters (and yes, I know Joker is not female, but he is wearing...um...makeup) as I mentioned the eyeliner on the EX head of The Rocketeer which SSC's replaced. I have a feeling that they'll be sending out a lot of Rogue EX heads or replacing the full figure though. So i guess those on waitlists are screwed thanks to poor paint. But as to Joker, it could be one of the best paint jobs ever. I think it's too early to worry.

Good luck to you. I hope you convert. I don't think it's so bad that some of these will go up on the bay. I know people hate flippers but where would you be if no one wanted to sell this piece in the aftermarket. If your waitlist doesn't convert, there is only one other way to get this statue....in the aftermarket. If you don't convert, jump on this quickly after it releases. The flippers will make a little money off you but you will have the opportunity to acquire the piece you want.

There are many collectors that are stubborn and don't want to pay a small markup to a flipper on a piece they love. Can you imagine that there are people that didn't want to pay an extra $50-$100 for the Hulk, Cap, or Doom PF when they were first released? Now they are well over a $1000 each. If you don't convert, I strongly suggest you bite the bullet and pay the small markup when the EX Joker PF is released. Since you are such a big Joker fan, I think you will regret it if you don't.

Where we would be is the people who wanted this for keeps, not for flipping, would have a better chance of getting it. In the long run a good statue will inflate in price anyway because the people who have it will need extra convincing ($$) to part with it, creating a natural demand. And how well do flippers really fare? They continue to do it so it must work to some degree, but when I see how many peices go unsold on eBay it makes me wonder. There's certainly faster tricks to turn for money.

On the other hand I do expect to pay more for some peices that came out before I started collecting. I paid $70 over for a Reg. Gambit this year, and I've only seen it for more since then so I'm glad. But not for new stuff. People want $400+ for Cyclops EX with that fugly head. No need to mention Rogue. It depends on how Joker turns out. I'm on the EX waitlist, but I waited for it to sell out, several reasons.

I think it's a little too early to be upgrading the DEFCON warning. I mean we all know SSC's is rather hit or miss with paint apps and it's not just female characters (and yes, I know Joker is not female, but he is wearing...um...makeup) as I mentioned the eyeliner on the EX head of The Rocketeer which SSC's replaced. I have a feeling that they'll be sending out a lot of Rogue EX heads or replacing the full figure though. So i guess those on waitlists are screwed thanks to poor paint. But as to Joker, it could be one of the best paint jobs ever. I think it's too early to worry.

Earlier is better than later!:lol

They won't screw up on Joker. They can't afford to. He is the first DC offering and if they screw him up, it will turn a lot of people away because they will think that is what they can expect from future releases. Plus DC wouldn't be happy either. The Joker PF is what helped sell the the idea of letting Sideshow make DC items in the first place.

They won't screw up on Joker. They can't afford to. He is the first DC offering and if they screw him up, it will turn a lot of people away because they will think that is what they can expect from future releases. Plus DC wouldn't be happy either. The Joker PF is what helped sell the the idea of letting Sideshow make DC items in the first place.

Indy and G.I. Joe beg to differ. :lol

I don't think anyone is worried about sculpting getting screwed up or even molding. It's the paints that has everyone worried about getting a googly eyed Joker or one done up like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Back