Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Bunted Triple Play would be nice, with Rogue it looks like they beamed her in the face with the ball. :lol

They won't screw up on Joker. They can't afford to. He is the first DC offering and if they screw him up, it will turn a lot of people away because they will think that is what they can expect from future releases. Plus DC wouldn't be happy either. The Joker PF is what helped sell the the idea of letting Sideshow make DC items in the first place.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Actually i didn't, then again if you had read the statement correctly you'd know that.

Oh, so a major Quality issue on a product or two means a company isn't known for having a higher standard of quality products on the market?

Huh, bet that's never happened to a company that is known for higher quality standards than the rest of their market...couldn't happen to say Toyota or Sony...nah never. :rolleyes:

Didn't take long for another fiasco josh-A -tron,did it?:slap

rregheads.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80284&page=419

Where we would be is the people who wanted this for keeps, not for flipping, would have a better chance of getting it. In the long run a good statue will inflate in price anyway because the people who have it will need extra convincing ($$) to part with it, creating a natural demand. And how well do flippers really fare? They continue to do it so it must work to some degree, but when I see how many peices go unsold on eBay it makes me wonder. There's certainly faster tricks to turn for money.

On the other hand I do expect to pay more for some peices that came out before I started collecting. I paid $70 over for a Reg. Gambit this year, and I've only seen it for more since then so I'm glad. But not for new stuff. People want $400+ for Cyclops EX with that fugly head. No need to mention Rogue. It depends on how Joker turns out. I'm on the EX waitlist, but I waited for it to sell out, several reasons.

People didn't miss out on this piece because of flippers. It was up for 16 hours before it sold out. The people that missed this are people who didn't even know about the piece until after the fact. They may not even have known SSC has the DC license or didn't know much about SSC itself. All the hardcore SSC collectors who wanted this got it. There will always be new people who are introduced to this hobby after a piece they want is sold out. The aftermarket is the only way for many collectors to pick up the pieces that they missed out on.

I myself don't get the flipper mentality. It seems like a lot of work and money tied up for a small profit. The pieces that really shoot up in price usually take a long while. It's not like the Doom, Hulk or Cap PF shot to over a grand overnight. It took a couple of years. That's a long wait to try and make a profit. Regardless of how we feel on the subject of flippers, they are the ones many collectors will have to turn to if orders don't convert for the EX Joker PF. That is just a simple fact.

Good luck to you on your waitlist converting. I think you have a good chance. If not...there are other options.

People didn't miss out on this piece because of flippers. It was up for 16 hours before it sold out. The people that missed this are people who didn't even know about the piece until after the fact. They may not even have known SSC has the DC license or didn't know much about SSC itself. All the hardcore SSC collectors who wanted this got it. There will always be new people who are introduced to this hobby after a piece they want is sold out. The aftermarket is the only way for many collectors to pick up the pieces that they missed out on.

I myself don't get the flipper mentality. It seems like a lot of work and money tied up for a small profit. The pieces that really shoot up in price usually take a long while. It's not like the Doom, Hulk or Cap PF shot to over a grand overnight. It took a couple of years. That's a long wait to try and make a profit. Regardless of how we feel on the subject of flippers, they are the ones many collectors will have to turn to if orders don't convert for the EX Joker PF. That is just a simple fact.

Good luck to you on your waitlist converting. I think you have a good chance. If not...there are other options.

Yes this is what i have to do to get the ex version and sacrifice as well to sell my collection for me to have this statue. I am planning to get multiples to collect on this statue and ex is the only one i'm getting. After i get a few of this on the bay next year i will of course move on to other dc batman villains pf ex versions. But this is the 1st so i'm for sure getting a few of these.

Okay you really want to start this again?

In all honestly, that's nothing new with Sideshow though. They go through this all the time. They acknowledge that there is an issue, offer a partial refund (which is like $25 or so) or full refund w/return, state they'll talk to the factory, things get better for a few releases, and then it's back to the same ol' paint issues beit polystone or 1/6. :huh

In all honestly, that's nothing new with Sideshow though. They go through this all the time. They acknowledge that there is an issue, offer a partial refund (which is like $25 or so) or full refund w/return, state they'll talk to the factory, things get better for a few releases, and then it's back to the same ol' paint issues beit polystone or 1/6. :huh

In the other thread some suggest waiting for in hand photos but on these sell outs, it's hard to do that unless more start waiting, thus keeping them from selling out. Whether it's the Rogue thread or the Optimus Maquette thread (where apparently they can't match paint) it seems that whether you buy a 300 or a 1,000 collectible, you are getting the Q/C of a much cheaper product. I remember Franklin Mint as a kid and my father collecting vintage model cars. Of course this was 25 years ago, but I remember them been pricey for the time and along with that came a certain level of quality and quality control. SSC seems like a good company with good customer service but they could seriously use better Q/C which would help their bottom line. Now how many Rogues are going to be destroyed and extras sent out, thus eliminating waitlists? At these prices it should be a given you get something as close to production quality as possible and not have paint issues. With Joker PF having a white face and other colors, I hold my breath there's not a lot of those colors bleeding into each other because of bad paint jobs and then Q/C sleeping through the check off procedure....

They better not pull that kind of ____ on the 1st DC product they've produced, especially that product being Joker. :lecture

Fingers crossed SS realizes the importance of knocking their first DC product out of the park! (though every awesome company should want their next product to be their best product, new audiences aside:lecture)

Can't believe people are ok with Sideshow knocking the first DC product out of the park and having mediocre subsequent releases?

How about having consistent quality releases :dunno

Can't believe people are ok with Sideshow knocking the first DC product out of the park and having mediocre subsequent releases?

Who said that? :dunno

We're only saying they can't screw up on the first release because it would be bad for the entire line's future.

Who said that? :dunno

We're only saying they can't screw up on the first release because it would be bad for the entire line's future.

So what does that say about your expectations of Sideshow's mentality? Oh this is going to be a first release we can't screw it up. Oh we've got them hooked we don't need to care anymore :dunno

People are saying not to worry about Joker because it is the first DC release aren't they? Why commit to a line that has a fantastic first release and subsequent mehs?

In the other thread some suggest waiting for in hand photos but on these sell outs, it's hard to do that unless more start waiting, thus keeping them from selling out. Whether it's the Rogue thread or the Optimus Maquette thread (where apparently they can't match paint) it seems that whether you buy a 300 or a 1,000 collectible, you are getting the Q/C of a much cheaper product. I remember Franklin Mint as a kid and my father collecting vintage model cars. Of course this was 25 years ago, but I remember them been pricey for the time and along with that came a certain level of quality and quality control. SSC seems like a good company with good customer service but they could seriously use better Q/C which would help their bottom line. Now how many Rogues are going to be destroyed and extras sent out, thus eliminating waitlists? At these prices it should be a given you get something as close to production quality as possible and not have paint issues. With Joker PF having a white face and other colors, I hold my breath there's not a lot of those colors bleeding into each other because of bad paint jobs and then Q/C sleeping through the check off procedure....

All valid statements, but my point in the last argument was that every company has quality issues. Doesn't matter what you expect from Sideshow Collectibles, at one time or another there will be issues when you're putting out hundreds to thousands of products out a year and especially when you're dealing with something that is hand painted.

If you honestly think about what they put out on yearly basis and then look at the percentage of products with issues, it's not as horrible as let's say...the auto industry or electronics.

I'm not trying to Justify it, but I am saying that to think there will never be errors is naive and to say "sideshow isn't known for higher quality products", to quote another person that posts in this thread, well, look at other companies and compare.

All valid statements, but my point in the last argument was that every company has quality issues. Doesn't matter what you expect from Sideshow Collectibles, at one time or another there will be issues when you're putting out hundreds to thousands of products out a year and especially when you're dealing with something that is hand painted.

If you honestly think about what they put out on yearly basis and then look at the percentage of products with issues, it's not as horrible as let's say...the auto industry or electronics.

I'm not trying to Justify it, but I am saying that to think there will never be errors is naive and to say "sideshow isn't known for higher quality products", to quote another person that posts in this thread, well, look at other companies and compare.[/QUOTE]

Never mind other companies,i spend money with SSC and so many times there is a glaring difference with advertised and inhand products,

i have rogue coming and i already know there is a good chance its going to be a major disappointment.

SSC QC has not got a good rep..Deal with it!!!!!!

valid is when something breaks in transit not when my rogue looks the same as a dollar store hand painted figure. I severely hope Joker is done to standard. Actually I know he will be. SS has historically handled the male statues much better than the females, at least in terms of face paint.

I'm not trying to Justify it, but I am saying that to think there will never be errors is naive and to say "sideshow isn't known for higher quality products", to quote another person that posts in this thread, well, look at other companies and compare.[/QUOTE]

Never mind other companies,i spend money with SSC and so many times there is a glaring difference with advertised and inhand products,

i have rogue coming and i already know there is a good chance its going to be a major disappointment.

SSC QC has not got a good rep..Deal with it!!!!!!

Are you going to fall down and kick your legs in the air next?

I don't get because of one mishap that every piece is now under the scrutiny of the eye. Members are stating, gotta watch over the Faith, gotta watch over Vamperilla, OH NOES the Joker, what if....

really, how long as it been in their track record that they haven't messed up. (or not the last mess up, the fraction of percentage or mess ups versus what is good)

Last edited:

I don't get because of one mishap that every piece is now under the scrutiny of the eye. Members are stating, gotta watch over the Faith, gotta watch over Vamperilla, OH NOES the Joker, what if....

really, how long as it been in their track record that hey haven't messed up. (or not the last mess up, the fraction of percentage or mess ups versus what is good)
:lecture: :exactly:

the only painted part is the face.it needs effort to screw it up!!:nana:

I'm not trying to Justify it, but I am saying that to think there will never be errors is naive and to say "sideshow isn't known for higher quality products", to quote another person that posts in this thread, well, look at other companies and compare.

Planes don't crash often, but when they do, it's devastating. No comparing Rogue to a plane crash, but they are few and far between yet are still a problem for the consumer and airlines.

Back