Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

wow, with the tbd I thought it would stay up for a while, must have been high demand, glad I didn't wait.

Granted, initial waitlisters have a high chance of converting, but still, they could have milked this.

I agree with others, 1000 ex, 2000 reg.

It's a grail already.

Waitlisting it early (still with TBD ES) helps them get a better sense of how many people were in the fence. I bet a rush of waitlist orders will be placed today and over the holiday weekend.

Next week they drop the bomb which I still say will be over 1000 EX

Raiders Indy ES for the EX was 1000, which was the start of the PF line for Indy, so this being the start of the PF line for DC ( a more popular franchise than Indy) the ES for this could be 1000+.

Regardless of what it ends up being, Sideshow is not going to miss out on any sales for this one. Collectors want low ES, but Sideshow wants high ES which = higher profits.

This is a whole new line that's been requested for a long time and some people want to get in on the ground floor. They want to go back in time a relive the stuff some of us remember like the Doom PF, Grey Hulk PF, etc.

Sideshow will cash in as much as possible. The ES will be high.

Anyone thinking on the other side of the TBD fence? They give it 1 day, create an edition size rounded up to the nearest 50 no matter how low the number is. Shut it down. Then come out with an ES on the exclusive way lower than anyone expects artificially creating a grail and subsequently helping to sell every other dc release down the road to people hoping to strike it rich?

That's what I would do if I wanted to have everyone swallow the higher costs of these.

Anyone thinking on the other side of the TBD fence? They give it 1 day, create an edition size rounded up to the nearest 50 no matter how low the number is. Shut it down. Then come out with an ES on the exclusive way lower than anyone expects artificially creating a grail and subsequently helping to sell every other dc release down the road to people hoping to strike it rich?

That's what I would do if I wanted to have everyone swallow the higher costs of these.

The problem is that people already view this as a "grail" and sideshow doesn't need help selling DC PFs if they are of this quality.

They can write their own ticket here and people will still buy with inflated ES. It's up to Sideshow to not get super greedy. The Fett PF example is proof that they can go full retard.

Wow sold out!

Glad I changed my mind late last night and ordered an EX :yess::yess::yess:

You actually had to think about it. :dunno I ordered it the second I got home. Gotta have this grail in my collection (I'm a DC fan, so it's a necessity for me to have this piece). With NRD you almost won't get a second chance on it.

The problem is that people already view this as a "grail" and sideshow doesn't need help selling DC PFs if they are of this quality.

They can write their own ticket here and people will still buy with inflated ES. It's up to Sideshow to not get super greedy. The Fett PF example is proof that they can go full retard.

Probably right. But my explanation lines our pockets with more value! :clap

People will cancel before or when it ships. Others will have their orders cancelled because of credit card declines, name/address issues, etc. Early wait lists will convert. The ES hasn't even been announced yet, so they can always bump up the estimated edition size to account for the initial wait listers, announce the final ES and convert the first batch of wait list requests.

Not everybody on the wait list will get one, but when you get on early you have a really good chance. Especially when they are producing hundreds of pieces, which they will in this case.

Problem with going this route sometimes, is that you might get someones repaired reject. I've gotten "fixed" pieces when I've been on waitlists before.

Back